IAM Welcomes Southwest SOS Employees Into Union

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) recently welcomed Southwest Airlines Source of Support (SOS) employees into the union after a majority of the work group signed authorization cards to join the IAM.

The IAM filed with the National Mediation Board (NMB) to accrete (recognize) the group as part of the already unionized 5000-plus Southwest Passenger Service Employee (PSE) class and craft of employees. PSEs process passengers at the airport and handle customer reservations. SOS representatives provide support to PSEs with customer reservation issues and provide specialized services to other groups.

The NMB agreed with the IAM’s position and accreted the SOS employees as part of the PSE group.

“On behalf of IAM District 142 and the entire IAM family, I would like to welcome the SOS group into our union family,” said IAM District 142 President Dave Supplee.

Approximately 100 SOS representatives are based at Southwest Airlines Headquarters in Dallas, Texas.

IAM District 142 will begin establishing contract terms for newly represented group.

Reactions: 2 people
There are over 500,000 IAM members and only 100.000 in the plan.

Spread more lies.

700UW said:
There are over 500,000 IAM members and only 100.000 in the plan.
Spread more lies.
No not lies. The 400,000 that are not in it are the smart ones. The 100,000 poor souls I feel sorry for being trapped in a endless black hole.

Reactions: 1 person
How is your Pension?

Oh that's right you don't have one it's frozen not accruing any benefits.

700UW said:
How is your Pension?
Oh that's right you don't have one it's frozen not accruing any benefits.
Frozen yes and my 401k match is 100 times better than the scam IAM pension. So what is your point? Never mind.

My point is a 401k is not a pension, and was never designed to be one.

My point is a 401k is not a pension, and was never designed to be one.
there you go again.

The US Dept. of Labor and the IRS call defined contribution plans pension plans but I guess they don't count because they don't endorse your line of thought.

Your wrong, and I have proven you wrong, a 401k is not insured by the PBGC, therefore its not a pension.

Even the man who designed it backs what I say, not you.

Shall I post that article again?

A 401k uses your own money, unlike a DCP nor a DBP.

you have been proven wrong.

again, argue with the IRS and the Dept. of Labor.

You clearly aren't in a position to be telling them what they know and don't know.

Already proven you wrong on the issue.

A 401k is a supplemental retirement account, not insured by the PBGC.

So why if it is a pension is not insured under the PBGC?

tell the DOL and IRS.

They clearly don't agree with how you cut the cheese.

401ks ARE pensions whether you like it or not.

They are DEFINED CONTRIBUTION PLANS.

They are only a DCP if a company contributes.

Why are they not insured by the PBGC, like all pensions are by law?