IAM Withdraws NMB Election Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
eolesen said:
Enjoy the gloating, guys. With attitudes like that, the next card drive starts tomorrow.
^this^ 

between the fear pushing and gloating I'd sign a card just to be that person even if I didn't want the union. (if I were an FA) 

being humble is not a bad thing kids. 

Enjoy the gloating, guys. With attitudes like that, the next card drive starts tomorrow.

I don't really disagree with any of this. 

but Votes aren't happening because at least a large amount of FAs don't want a union. 

and the FAs faking cards probably doesn't mean anything to anyone on the ramp. Above wing. TechOps. Pilots. Sim Techs. and any other work group. 

and I am sure in a year or so another union will come into the picture. Has the IBT had its shot yet?
oh it does mean something.

It means DL will be doing some housecleaning.

we'll see who is gloating then.

Reactions: 1 person
topDawg said:
^this^ 

between the fear pushing and gloating I'd sign a card just to be that person even if I didn't want the union. (if I were an FA) 

Give me a an effing break. Talk about a bunch of thin skinned pearl clutchers!

After having to listen repeatedly all the GLOATING about getting 60% signed cards OVER AND OVER AND OVER.... How many times on a daily basis was that football spiked????

All the GLOATING about what this, that and the other fantasy benefits that were promised after the 2nd coming of Jesus, I mean IAM. Heh!

Suck it up buttercups, if you can't handle the other side spiking the football, then go grab a blanket and a pacifier then crawl back into your crib.

Reactions: 3 people
eolesen said:

+1

topDawg said:
I don't really disagree with any of this. 

but Votes aren't happening because at least a large amount of FAs don't want a union. 

and the FAs faking cards probably doesn't mean anything to anyone on the ramp. Above wing. TechOps. Pilots. Sim Techs. and any other work group. 

and I am sure in a year or so another union will come into the picture. Has the IBT had its shot yet?
It's my understanding that they weren't interested?

so, the AFA has a track history of loss, the IBT doesn't want to touch DL with a ten foot pole, and the IAM now has this to stick on their "resume"

Why, pray tell, would any union sink more money into a representation campaign when they have repeatedly turned out with the union holding the donut bill and the company has one more chapter added to its book on how to defeat the unions?

The question(s) people should be asking right now is how did this happen, and what do we do to fix the system to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Whether one favors representation or not, it is our right as Americans to seek one if we choose. When someone (or people) subvert that, we have a very real problem...

700UW said:
Explain to the board how the IAM can verify every card?

They dont have access to the signature list, only the NMB can do that.

F&H is Ford and Harrison an anti-union law firm used by DL to thwart the campaign, they were paid over $10 million.
Oh... So a union can use all the propaganda at their disposal, as witnessed by the thousands you posted here, to try to get in the door but, the company cannot use any propaganda to tell employees why they'd be better off without them? Got it.....it's a one way street!

Doubt we'll ever know how many millions the IAM spent on this campaign, as I'm sure current members would be livid, especially in light of this latest scandal!

Kev3188 said:
I wouldn't bet against that...What about when corporations get the rules changed for their benefit? Are you okay with that?Thanks. FWIW, I expect nothing less. Neither does anyone else I know...
As far as rule change, what comes around, goes around!

And as I'm sure the FA's expected nothing less than a fair election and we can all see how that went!

How can you now trust the IAM or are you willing to get "ANY" union in, no matter their morals?

eolesen said:

topDawg said:
^this^ 

So gloating is only acceptable if your pro union?
And I'm sure the IAM has already went back to the drawing board and like I said, we'll be here before long having these same discussions shortly, again, whether its the IAM or some other union trying to get in......too many wallets!

southwind said:
As far as rule change, what comes around, goes around!
So I should take that as a "yes," then?

And as I'm sure the FA's expected nothing less than a fair election and we can all see how that went!

How can you now trust the IAM or are you willing to get "ANY" union in, no matter their morals?
Right now I'm more interested in finding out where all of these suspect cards came from (and no, I don't believe they came from the "pro" side), seeing a full investigation from the DOJ, and fixing the sytem to ensure this doesn't happen again.

oh, plz.

so the "anti-IAM" crowd filled out more than 2000 fraudulent cards so they could sink the election?

honestly?

and DL employees have consistently been pro-choice. Problem is that you and the IAM can't accept that the answer has been consistently "NO"

After one failed union election after another, the IAM mounted a multi-year effort to organize the FAs, couldn't get there, the IAM was tired of buying donuts, so they whipped up thousands of fraudulent cards.

that is the reality as hard as it is to accept.

Kev3188 said:
That's a reach, and I think even you recognize that.
Meanwhile, reasonable people on- both sides- should be demanding answers.
Oh brother, what a bunch whiney little babies. IAM overplayed their hands and botched the card drive. Just as they have done in the past with other card drives.

So now let's have an investigation? Wasn't it IAM's responsibility to make sure those cards were valid? Isn't it most probable that they were sloppy and or shady based on their history?

Good luck with that "investigation".

Anything's possible; all the more reason to find out exactly what occured.

If calling for accountability & transparency makes someone a "whiny little baby" in your eyes, so be it.

I hate to break it to you, Kevin, but there won't be an investigation unless it is an inhouse IAM investigation to figure out how they were set up to fail by their own team and why it wasn't caught.

The IAM submitted an application for a vote and submitted the cards. The IAM was SOLELY responsible for verifying that the cards were correct before they were submitted to the NMB.

If their own people aren't smart enough to go thru the cards and clearly find that there was missing information from the cards, then no one needs to be blamed but the IAM.

When major pieces of information were missing from many, many cards- likely including personal information that the IAM didn't have access to precisely for this reason - the red flags went up.

It clearly didn't take long for the NMB to realize what many of us said months ago that there were clearly many fraudulent cards.

This isn't personal and it isn't vindictive. The IAM was pressured to prove that it had something so got people ON ITS SIDE to start throwing cards in the bin.

and we are right back to what I said years ago - that DL's largest non-pilot work groups have had the choice many times before to be unionized or not and have consistently chosen to not be unionized.

The IAM arrogantly thought they could do what other unions could not and try to vindicate their job losses at other airlines and from the PMNW work groups - and they failed miserably and publicly.

whenever you want to start assembling some of your closest personal friends and try for in-house unions, you might stand a chance.

National unions are severely damaged in the eyes of DL employees and they won't put the money up to continue to be defeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts