Ideas for a career change?

Lwadz88

May 8, 2017
Hello,
So I was thinking about a prfoessional career change into the airline industry. The problem is I don't have any special qualifications or degrees that would really help open that field up to me. What I'm hoping for are some good masters degrees to think about or recommendations as to a good job tittle to pursue.

My educational background is in nuclear engineering (which I'm learning I don't really care for). I was a naval officer (non aviation) for five years which gives some good general skill sets.

What I was hoping for is a job where I can be very active in progressing the company and it's image and requires frequent interaction with operational employees (pilots, gate agents ect.). I'd like to make frequent short trips to other airline facilities but still maitain the semblance of a regular work week.

Any thoughts on potential degrees or job tittles? I was thinking process improvement, evaluating facilities, regional management, marketing ect.. Thanks!

Oh, I love these.

Hey forum how should I live my life?

Here is an idea.

Don't farm out life choices (like a career) to a forum. Make your own decisions.

The fact you have an education in nuclear engineering, are seeking a masters degree, and are asking career advice from mostly nonskilled, high school educated people is laughable.

Time to grow up.

Oh, I love these.

Here is an idea.

Don't farm out life choices (like a career) to a forum. Make your own decisions.

The fact you have an education in nuclear engineering, are seeking a masters degree, and are asking career advice from mostly nonskilled, high school educated people is laughable.

Time to grow up.
Oh, I love these.

Here is an idea.

Time to grow up.

LOL Gotta love Trolls

I don't think im qualified at all. Nuclear engineering would be utterly worthless to an airline. Thats what I wanted all of your advice for. I dont know anything about airlines but am interested and want to know what sort of professional jobs are out there.

I dont think everyone here is a "simple high school educated moron" like he said thats why I value your input. If I thought that way I wouldn't have asked you. Thinking I wouldn't do well in the industry is one thing and being a troll is another.

Hello,
So I was thinking about a prfoessional career change into the airline industry. The problem is I don't have any special qualifications or degrees that would really help open that field up to me. What I'm hoping for are some good masters degrees to think about or recommendations as to a good job tittle to pursue.

My educational background is in nuclear engineering (which I'm learning I don't really care for). I was a naval officer (non aviation) for five years which gives some good general skill sets.

What I was hoping for is a job where I can be very active in progressing the company and it's image and requires frequent interaction with operational employees (pilots, gate agents ect.). I'd like to make frequent short trips to other airline facilities but still maitain the semblance of a regular work week.

Any thoughts on potential degrees or job tittles? I was thinking process improvement, evaluating facilities, regional management, marketing ect.. Thanks!

Sir this might help you get started? From there you should go to each Airlines Career pages and peruse through the many different type of jobs offered and when you see one that interests you it will tell you what the requirements are for consideration.

I would also go and check out the BLS page and do a search to see how much demand there is for that occupation and future growth projections as well.

I hope this helps some.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.wikihow.com/Get-an-Airline-Job?amp=1

Sir this might help you get started? From there you should go to each Airlines Career pages and peruse through the many different type of jobs offered and when you see one that interests you it will tell you what the requirements are for consideration.

I would also go and check out the BLS page and do a search to see how much demand there is for that occupation and future growth projections as well.

I hope this helps some.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.wikihow.com/Get-an-Airline-Job?amp=1

Thanks!

Reactions: WeAAsles
Nah of course not. Afterall, Im the one who spent four years getting a degree and 2 years working it before I decided its not for me.

Hope you didn't mind accepting advice and information from a lowly uneducated High School graduate? lol.
Yo
Hope you didn't mind accepting advice and information from a lowly uneducated High School graduate? lol.

Yea I dont make that much lol

That was the Median pay for last year so it probably takes awhile to get to that point when you start at a new Company. It also showed that the career is heavily Unionized so most of the jobs might come with an already negotiated wage scale?

Keep an eye out on that future jobs forecast part. You don't want to go through another few years of schooling only to find out it's very difficult to actually locate a job.

Colleges will be more than happy to take your money and not tell you about that one.

Nah of course not. Afterall, Im the one who spent four years getting a degree and 2 years working it before I decided its not for me.

Yo

Better you found that out after 6 years instead of 20. Aviation could be pretty cool if you don't listen to all the sourpusses you'll find on these pages.

Good luck.