If NWA survives, it should be strong

Paul

Veteran
Nov 15, 2005
If Northwest Airlines manages to avoid a destructive confrontation with its unions, industry experts say the airline would be well placed to survive and perhaps even thrive once it emerges from bankruptcy.

The airline heads back to U.S. Bankruptcy Court today as hearings resume on its request to cancel its union contracts with pilots and flight attendants -- moves the company says are necessary under its plan to cut $1.4 billion in costs. The unions contend Northwest's demands surpass what the company needs and have threatened to strike should U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Allan Gropper rule for the company.

Northwest, which employs 7,900 workers in Michigan, has said a strike could lead to its liquidation. But if Northwest and its unions reach an understanding without a strike, analysts say, Northwest should be able to emerge from bankruptcy relatively quickly.

"The prospects of Northwest surviving are excellent," said Terry Trippler, an airline expert and longtime Northwest observer for Cheapseats.com. "I think they'll come out of this a little smaller but a much stronger airline. ... Once this hearing is over, the worst is clearly past them."

Detroit Free Press

From the article:

"The International Association of Machinists District 143, Northwest's largest union representing 14,000 active ground workers, including ticket agents and ramp workers, already has agreed to $190 million in cuts, including permanent wage and benefit reductions"

One correction-The proposal still has to be voted on/ratified by the membership.

If Northwest Airlines manages to avoid a destructive confrontation with its unions, industry experts say the airline would be well placed to survive and perhaps even thrive once it emerges from bankruptcy.

Yeah. And IF your Aunt had balls she would be your Uncle!!
Hey there Uncle Mary :lol: :lol: :lol:

The airline heads back to U.S. Bankruptcy Court today as hearings resume on its request to cancel its union contracts with pilots and flight attendants -- moves the company says are necessary under its plan to cut $1.4 billion in costs. The unions contend Northwest's demands surpass what the company needs and have threatened to strike should U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Allan Gropper rule for the company.

Northwest, which employs 7,900 workers in Michigan, has said a strike could lead to its liquidation. But if Northwest and its unions reach an understanding without a strike, analysts say, Northwest should be able to emerge from bankruptcy relatively quickly.

"The prospects of Northwest surviving are excellent," said Terry Trippler, an airline expert and longtime Northwest observer for Cheapseats.com. "I think they'll come out of this a little smaller but a much stronger airline. ... Once this hearing is over, the worst is clearly past them."

Detroit Free Press
In order for NWA to survive, it must do two things: first, it must replace managers with leaders. Second, it must ensure the cancer that so filled its labor ranks is removed permenantly. If it can do these two things, it will be in a MUCH stronger position to adapt to the new face of aviation. If NWA fails, it will be right back where it was on Aug 20.

In order for NWA to survive, it must do two things: first, it must replace managers with leaders. Second, it must ensure the cancer that so filled its labor ranks is removed permenantly. If it can do these two things, it will be in a MUCH stronger position to adapt to the new face of aviation. If NWA fails, it will be right back where it was on Aug 20.

=========================================================

The ONLY cancer on NWA property at this moment,
Are the SCABS, Dougie Stealin',
And Neil "CO...HEN...*UCK YOURSELF" !!!!!!!!!!

??????????

NH/BB's

Well spoken....and so articulate as well. Public school realy helped in your case I see.
(sorry bear, really, it was too easy to resist)

As it did in your case as well unless of course your school taught you to spell permanently incorrectly. Next time you might want to spell check your on posts before you attempt to belittle someone else's.

QUOTE(CSAR GYRENE @ Feb 5 2006, 04:12 AM)

In order for NWA to survive, it must do two things: first, it must replace managers with leaders. Second, it must ensure the cancer that so filled its labor ranks is removed permenantly.

Next time you might want to spell check your on posts before you attempt to belittle someone else's.
Hey Chas, have you returned to work yet? You know this next couple of months is going to tell the tale about NWA. If they pull this off with the pilots and F/As They will indeed become a major, stable, contender in the airline industry. I have a feeling you’re already a closet Scab. If not you better get onboard while you still can.

Now that you have your spell checker covering your arse you might want to invest in a grammar checker. Especially if you’re going to be belittling someone else’s writing. So make sure you check your "on" post next time. :p

As it did in your case as well unless of course your school taught you to spell permanently incorrectly. Next time you might want to spell check your on posts before you attempt to belittle someone else's.

QUOTE(CSAR GYRENE @ Feb 5 2006, 04:12 AM)

In order for NWA to survive, it must do two things: first, it must replace managers with leaders. Second, it must ensure the cancer that so filled its labor ranks is removed permenantly.
I do now humbly and freely admit to being the worst speller alive. (lets see...whas it I before E except after C, or the other way around?) on top of that is the fact I cant type to save my life. (..And yes, I did attend public indoc- I mean school).....keep you sense of humor. God knows we all could stand to smile a bit more!

Hey Chas, have you returned to work yet? You know this next couple of months is going to tell the tale about NWA. If they pull this off with the pilots and F/As They will indeed become a major, stable, contender in the airline industry. I have a feeling you’re already a closet Scab. If not you better get onboard while you still can.

Now that you have your spell checker covering your arse you might want to invest in a grammar checker. Especially if you’re going to be belittling someone else’s writing. So make sure you check your "on" post next time. :p
Return to the shell airline Scab Air and be an "at will" scab bootlicker like you 'Cods? Chas is smarter than that, as he knows management POS like Dougie Stealin', Neil "The Butcher" Cohen, Andy Robber, Chris "Errand Boy" Bauer, Julie "Golden" Showers are incapable of running a viable carrier with scab maintenance. There is nothing to get on board for, no future at Scab Air.

'Cods, you shouldn't be saying anything about anyones grammer or spelling. Yours is some of the worst I have seen, ever for a SUPERscab.

PTO you will never see the day i lower myself to your standards and become a scab. I was talking to a former co=worker today though and he is the foreman at a local FBO now and low and behold a NWA scab came in and applied for a position there. Care to bet on whether he will get it or not?

I would hire the Scab over any unionist any day. Scabs have a tendency to be more productive. Just like the unionist couldn't handle putting in a full eight hours at the MRO's. I’m still having a hard time with the down time you have working line. I have tried to go sit in the break room and read the paper or a magazine while on the clock without feeling edgy it just isn't right. So I sit in the library watching Hub Work Control and listen to the radio hoping a problem arises or maybe a gate change to our zone so I will have something to do. I used to stay with the aircraft to clear any MEL's or any open LID's items. I don't do that anymore because sometimes you can open a can of worms. I really do wish that Northwest would get rid of those stupid pieces of shet lift trucks and invest in a Genie Man-lift. I would clear every NAV Light MEL that came through here. Talk about knocking a dent in the MEL count. I just wanted to suggest you tell your union to go to hell and for you to take responsibility for your own life.

talk about them spending time on their hard earned breaks. you got a hellva lot nerves saying that when you spend more than half your sorry a$$ scab life on this board while at work. then got the balls to go out to a public place in a scabby uniform and being so dam proud of working for a bunch of scum bags idiots who dont even know how to run an airline

I really do wish that Northwest would get rid of those stupid pieces of shet lift trucks and invest in a Genie Man-lift. I would clear every NAV Light MEL that came through here. Talk about knocking a dent in the MEL count.

So first you wouldn't clear MEL's (or repair bin doors, I should say) because it was more fun to watch customers walking their bags to the front of the cabin, and now you won't clear NAV light MEL's because you don't like the lift trucks?!

For someone who has spent a lot of bandwidth touting the alleged lowering of the MEL counts since the 20th of Aug., you sure find a lot of feeble excuses to keep the numbers up. What gives?

I would hire the Scab over any unionist any day. Scabs have a tendency to be more productive.

You would hire a person who in the last 8 years has only stayed at one job for 13 months? Thats just the kind of employee i would hire, someone who cant hold a stable job for any length of time. Oh wait, i think that describes the life of a contract worker like yourself PTO. Now the question is what made him only work at these companies for such a short time? could it be drug use? alcohol? just being worthless? Maybe it was the fact his quality of work was scab standard?

Im sure you have facts that back up your comment that scabs tend to be more productive right? Of course you dont it is just more crap you spread here like you have done from post 1.

Latest posts