If you had a card drive what union would you support

What union you support

• Total voters
I liked the concept of AMP. But it would succeed or fail based on who the membership voted to run it. But,,, at least the membership would have a say in it. What Jim Little did to us with this association was well beyond the pale. Funny, I don't remember ever voting for him.

Going with the pilots is not an option anymore. I believe the NMB ruled on class and craft separation. Unless pilots are in an industrial union like the IBT.

No card drive means status quo.

No union will be disastrous. We had a union on the property since 1946.

Teamsters showed their true intentions when they diverted the last amfa drive.
TWU was helpless and Hoffa came to the rescue.

Amfa will always be a good option.

AMP was a good idea. I still support it if we had the support from the line and overhaul. Title 2 guys are just a tough nut to crack. That's why I feel AMP or any grass roots independent class and craft union will be a monumental task.

The Association? God help us.

I liked the concept of AMP. But it would succeed or fail based on who the membership voted to run it. But,,, at least the membership would have a say in it. What Jim Little did to us with this association was well beyond the pale. Funny, I don't remember ever voting for him.
I do not rember getting to vote on little either. and I don't rember getting to vote on the new guy either

The question is will we get to vote on this contract? At one time that was a laughable thought, now who knows. The question is how they are going to try and take our frozen pensions and put them in one of the biggest ponzi schemes going. The IAMPF could not be more detrimental to our TWU members. IAMPF officers have been indicted for misappropriations of funds. NO THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we some how grow some the only way to distance ourselves from this sham iampf is to remove the iam from the property. Until then these discussions and threats to our retirement will continue. Unfortunately most of the guys are focused on iam parity and more money.

Reactions: swamt
The question is will we get to vote on this contract? At one time that was a laughable thought, now who knows. The question is how they are going to try and take our frozen pensions and put them in one of the biggest ponzi schemes going. The IAMPF could not be more detrimental to our TWU members. IAMPF officers have been indicted for misappropriations of funds. NO THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you guys do get to vote on a new contract. I understand your feelings from the past this union has done to you guys.

I believe amp was started from two stations. DFW and ORD. I'm sure it's still an option as soon as the caretakers resurrect it. It just takes motivation and money. Money should not be a major problem. Getting guys to go along with the idea of a grassroots in house union might be the big problem. Pilots (1962) and the Flight Attendants (1977) both successfully formed their respective unions being non-afl-cio. Both to this day are successful and moving along representing only one group. After the merger the unions representing the USAIR people conceded to the AA in house class and craft non afl-cio unions. We were the exception and our passenger service folks joined the CWA since they had no union representation prior to the merger. So as far as class and craft union representation on the property we are the last to get off our butts. I think if we tried to do another drive you might see a big resistance from the IAM and the afl-cio.
They have everything to loose.

Things don't look good. We just sit back asking the same question. We should be better organized but this is how we roll (over).

Latest posts