I'm Outta Here!

mga707

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
I'm going away for awhile--this new board format is driving me nuts!
Why, oh why, do computer geeks have this undying need to fix things that ain't broken? Why can't they remember the KISS principle?
How in the heck do you quote a previous post with this new format? It sure isn't obvious!
And here we go with the "script error" messages...AGAIN!
I HATE this "new, improved" board format! :angry:

Well, since this new board was installed, I have received no emails about people not being able to login. With the old system, I got over 30 a day.

There is a quote button on every single post. Top right.

Please tell me about the script error you are getting. Hard to fix if I do not know what you are getting. Please also tell me which browser and version number you are using.

Sorry to see you go for a while, I think the new system is working well so far. I personally like it along with all of the added features we now enjoy.

Thanks.

PS. I ain't no geek - and the old system was broken.

Kyle,

The error I am seeing is:

Runtime Error
Line: 26
Error: Expected ')'

This morning it was line 18.

Otherwise, this interface is an improvement.

Take care,
:up: UT

PS,
How do we 'upload' pictures into our posts?

Thanks. Which page in the forums do you see this error? Forums Main Page? Topics View Page? or Post View Page?

To upload pictures, there is an upload box at the bottom of the New Post page.

Kyle,

I get this message the first time I view 'any' page on the forum (including the post page).

Today, it is line 36.

I'm running IE6.

Hope this helps,

Kyle,

It seems yo only appear the 'first' time I view a page.
Subsequent viewings do not produce the error.

UT

Kyle,

Just went to several new pages.
The error did not appear.
Seems you have it fixed.
If something comes up, I'll post it for you.

Kyle said:
Thank you for your help. Let me know if it shows up again. I just recoded the part that was causing the error.
Yes, thank you. the incessant "script error" messages on every new screen have ceased.
Now, here's another glitch I hope you can correct: Whenever I hit the "back" icon to return to the forums list I get an older version of the page, without any new posts highlighted. I then have to hit "refresh" to bring it back up to date. It never used to do this.
Still not sure if I've figured out the quote thing. Let's try this and see...

Latest posts

Back