Implosion of old AA HQ LIVE

Please make a video we can share. Pretty please. Out with the old, in with the new.

Implosion occurred; AA says recorded video will be up soon on the facebook timeline.

Link now has ~25 minute video, mostly speeches about the old and new HQ with implosion at the end.

FWAAA said:
Link now has ~25 minute video, mostly speeches about the old and new HQ with implosion at the end.
I just want to see the walls come tumbling down.

It would be nice to have the video somewhere that did not require me to join something in order to watch.  I'm one of the 3 remaining people in North America that does not belong to Facebook.  And, NOTHING on FB is important enough for me to have to wade through the manure to get to it.  FB has become the major source of misinformation for flight attendants who neither wish to read our contract nor wish to find out what the contract actually says.  They would much rather go with something that somebody posted somewhere one day on FB that their neighbor's dog groomer's hair stylist said about what's in the contract.  :lol:

Reactions: 2 people
jimntx said:
It would be nice to have the video somewhere that did not require me to join something in order to watch.  I'm one of the 3 remaining people in North America that does not belong to Facebook.  And, NOTHING on FB is important enough for me to have to wade through the manure to get to it.  FB has become the major source of misinformation for flight attendants who neither wish to read our contract nor wish to find out what the contract actually says.  They would much rather go with something that somebody posted somewhere one day on FB that their neighbor's dog groomer's hair stylist said about what's in the contract.   :lol:
Agree 100% besides  viewing a video is not the same as being there, kind  of like watching fireworks on TV

Oh, so much misplaced "I want to see it fall down"..... The Trinity building was the headquarters for the pre-deregulation AA that Al Casey & Bob Crandall ran. Those were the glory years when the CEO knew peoples names at the airport and wasn't afraid to fly coach or jumpseat.

AA was pretty much out of there in 1992, aside from Sabre before the spin took place. They got the title to it with the spin-off, and then they sold it to EDS.

It was an interesting building, but took a while to figure out. Sometimes you had to go down just to go up a floor, depending on which pod you were trying to go between, and there was gobs of wasted space in the lobby.

If/when CP5 is blown up, I'll go watch.

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
Oh, so much misplaced "I want to see it fall down"..... The Trinity building was the headquarters for the pre-deregulation AA that Al Casey & Bob Crandall ran. Those were the glory years when the CEO knew peoples names at the airport and wasn't afraid to fly coach or jumpseat.AA was pretty much out of there in 1992, aside from Sabre before the spin took place. They got the title to it with the spin-off, and then they sold it to EDS.It was an interesting building, but took a while to figure out. Sometimes you had to go down just to go up a floor, depending on which pod you were trying to go between, and there was gobs of wasted space in the lobby.If/when CP5 is blown up, I'll go watch.
E I was just kidding around. Of course I'm sure it had tremendous history for the airline and more so for the people who spent much of their lives working in it.

And anything prior to deregulation is ok in my book.

jimntx said:
They would much rather go with something that somebody posted somewhere one day on FB that their neighbor's dog groomer's hair stylist said about what's in the contract.   :lol:

Facebook doesn't supply misinformation; people post misinformation on Facebook.  They also post a lot of good stuff, like the building coming down.

That being said, I have to go pick up my dog at the groomer's (really).

MK

kirkpatrick said:

Facebook doesn't supply misinformation; people post misinformation on Facebook.  They also post a lot of good stuff, like the building coming down.

That being said, I have to go pick up my dog at the groomer's (really).

MK
Did I not say "posted by someone"?  I don't understand your comment.  FB is an endless source of misinformation posted by people.  It doesn't really matter whether FB officially supplied the misinformation or the FB members did it.  The result is the same.

Reactions: 2 people
jimntx said:
It would be nice to have the video somewhere that did not require me to join something in order to watch.  I'm one of the 3 remaining people in North America that does not belong to Facebook.  And, NOTHING on FB is important enough for me to have to wade through the manure to get to it.  FB has become the major source of misinformation for flight attendants who neither wish to read our contract nor wish to find out what the contract actually says.  They would much rather go with something that somebody posted somewhere one day on FB that their neighbor's dog groomer's hair stylist said about what's in the contract.  :lol:
FB is a good resource to connect and keep up with both current and old friends and their families. I don't care for, or participate in any work or political debates or discussions. Once you block those people and posts out, it can still be a decent place. I post minimal information on my page, and block out the morons that feel a need to let everyone know what they are eating, pictures and all.