In-flight Service Leadership Change

aislehopper

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
From Delta's Intranet on 17Jun04:

Delta has appointed Paulette Corbin as senior v.p., In-Flight Service, replacing Sharon Wibben who has resigned from DL to pursue opportunities outside the company. Corbin’s previous position was v.p.- Airport Customer Service for Delta’s western region.
"Paulette is a perfect fit to step in and lead the In-Flight team, continuing the hard work that has already begun and looking for key opportunities to help make Delta a stronger competitor in the long-term,â€￾ said Vicki Escarra, executive v.p. and Chief Customer Service Officer. “Paulette’s appointment is consistent with our commitment to promote leadership from within Delta."

Corbin, 53, began her DL career in 1973 as a Boston-based flight attendant. She held various management positions of increasing responsibility in In-Flight Service and Reservation Sales before serving on the team that launched Delta Express. Corbin was managing director-Delta Express from 1998 to 2000 and was responsible for driving the strategic, financial and operational performance of the unit, as well as marketing and employee programs. She served as the leader of In-Flight Service for five years.

Read more about Corbin in the news release on delta.com.

Rob Borden, the "genius" who made the draconian changes at Skymiles which cost DL thousands of their most loyal customers, left or was shown the door in the past week as well. One can only hope that DL has learned that they can't bite the hand that feeds them.

As a result of those changes I have not set foot on a DL or affiliated flight in over 3 years--and you all know where I wound up...

My best to you all........

Sharon was actually "shown the door" and didn't resign. The report just says that she resigned to save face. It should be very interesting to see what happens with inflight now that Paulette Corbin is at the helm. She was pro-union when she flew as a line flight attendant.

LiveInAHotel said:
It should be very interesting to see what happens with inflight now that Paulette Corbin is at the helm. She was pro-union when she flew as a line flight attendant.
Yeah, I'm sure 20 years or so in management didn't change any opinion. Seems to me that the DL FA's gave their opinion on it as well.

LiveInAHotel said:
Sharon was actually "shown the door" and didn't resign. The report just says that she resigned to save face.

Wow, I missed the part in the release where it "says" that Sharon resigned to "save face."

Other than gossip, upon what do you base your statement that Sharon was shown the door?

While I agree with World that Gerry's cleaning house is behind this, an AA flight attendant on furlough is hardly the most credible source for "insider" Delta information. Coming from that remote of a source, it sounds more like jumpseat gossip.

In any event, one fact from one of the releases said that Sharon is working one or two weeks to help with the transition.

In many "resignation" cases in corporate America, a corporate security person watches you as you pack your belongings and then walks you to the gate. This does not seem to be the case here.

LiveInAHotel said:
It should be very interesting to see what happens with inflight now that Paulette Corbin is at the helm. She was pro-union when she flew as a line flight attendant.

Other than another rumor, upon what do you base your statement that Paulette was pro union when she was on the line? Once again, hearsay is always suspect - especially when it trickles back from as far away as an AA/FA who has demonstrated in the past that he likes to revel when the non-union Delta flight attendants have trouble.

Getting back to the thread, Paulette has a good reputation. Now that she is back, I am looking forward to seeing how she runs our department.

aislehopper said:
While I agree with World that Gerry's cleaning house is behind this

an AA flight attendant on furlough
CS,

When will you ever learn? You're so full of yourself and the pilots you have cheated on your husband with at the Lefferts House.

It's obvious you have no clue as to what really went down. You may want to dig a little deeper to get the truth. If you look hard you will find it.

Do you think I'm a former TWA f/a? With 26 years of seniority, it would be impossible for me to be on furlough. Why dont you meet me tomorrow night at LGA? I have a 2 day and we layover for 9 hours tomorrow. We stay across the freeway from LGA. It's the hotel with the green and white sign (not hard to figure out). Since you sit at the Lefferts House cheating on your husband, come on over and see the truth. I should be at the hotel by 7pm hopefully.

I wonder how much longer JR plans on keeping you at the Lefferts House? After all she thinks you're a big ****!

You have some problems with the management, no doubt, as does everyone. Just to let you know there are some large problems, like spending 30 minutes on hold waiting to talk to a res agent to ask a question. This happened to me just last week, and along with ART at ISP, although I don't give DL a lot of business, I will be leaving DL out of my travel plans. I gave them their 3 strikes and that was the last one. Sorry, and good luck to all the employees. Just my thoughts.....

coolflyingfool said:
Just to let you know there are some large problems, like spending 30 minutes on hold waiting to talk to a res agent to ask a question. This happened to me just last week, and along with ART at ISP
Wasn't there a thread dedicated to this very subject on U's board some time ago after their first round of layoffs and closures? While I understand your frustration with the inability to talk to a res agent right away, I hardly believe this a problem you can attribute to just Delta. I would imagine you would eventually become dissatisfied with just about every carrier out there.

Hotel and Aisle,
can you 2 keep your feud to yourselves? Send PMs if you have to but keep us out of it.

thanks,
not interested in your personal lives.

LiveInAHotel said:
It's obvious you have no clue as to what really went down. You may want to dig a little deeper to get the truth. If you look hard you will find it.
Help me here. If it is "obvious," please provide evidence to support your assertion that:

1. Sharon was shown the door.
2. Paulette was pro-union.

If you cannot support it, you are merely engaging in gossip.

coolflyingfool said:
You have some problems with the management, no doubt, as does everyone. Just to let you know there are some large problems, like spending 30 minutes on hold waiting to talk to a res agent to ask a question.
From the my occasional read at FlyerTalk, these are problems that many carriers are having. One could easily "three strike out" to the point where you are on a bus or have moved to the Corporate Jet world.

The company is trying to make improvements in customer service, and get our satisfaction numbers up. I am not sure about the res world, but many departments are trying to automate the simple tasks to free our reduced workforce to try to take care of you, the customer.

A recent example is "new technology that automatically prints amenity vouchers at airport gate readers. During irregular operations, customers now can use one of DL's more than 800 gate readers to retrieve itinerary receipts – which act as new boarding passes – as well as vouchers for hotels and meals if applicable." This is one initiative to try to keep our customers out of lines.

I am sorry that you have had problems. There are a lot us out here working to try to make flying Delta better, so that you will enjoy the experience when/if you come back.

ah

aislehopper said:
If you cannot support it, you are merely engaging in gossip.
You "claim" to know everything about DL. If you really do then dig deep and find it. You should know how to "dig deep" with all of your extra curricular activities at the Lefferts House.

Oh by the way...QUIT DRINKING THE SOUR GRAPE DELTA-AID!

Back