Industry Leading Wage

crossfeed

Aug 21, 2002
TWA, America West, US Airways, Continental, Airtran, Northwest, merged, or joined forces, oil 85 a barrel, and dropping like a rock, older mechanics retiring making room for lower paid mechanics, Ebola a blip on the radar.  United Airlines is heading for a profitable bright future.  :rolleyes:

Yeah. But are they willing to share? Here at UAL they want to take our medical despite record profits. And on top of that we have the ibt representing us. A formula for disaster. GT

Reactions: 1 person
Any news about a new TA for UAL mechs. Also are the mechs of continental and united integrated yet?

Somebodies getting rich and it's not us. If we accept pay cuts during record profits then we deserve what we get. Unfortunately having the ibt as our union doesn't help. It's time for AMFA!

crossfeed said:
$67 and falling... :)
Closed Fri at 66.26 a drop of 10.17%.  Short day for the market on Fri, so curious how Mon will continue.  All major airlines were up 6-8% with United being top dog for the day at an increase of 8.18%. Do not settle fellas.  And gtd is right, someone is getting rich, that would be United.  Sad thing is you guys have the teamsters trying to get you guys a single contract with CAL who is also teamsters.  What gives?  What are the reasons behind this tremendous amount of delay?  Good luck with the card drive guys.  Here's my guess, oil will settle somewhere between 45-55 per barrel.  People will be extremely happy as they have been paying and adjusted to higher fuel cost as well as the airlines have.  Now with oil reaching the 50 range our out going money for gas has reduced just as the airlines have.  Remember way back when when all the airlines were screaming bloody murder of how much money it cost the airlines for every .01 or even for every 1.00.  Well guess what airlines, now you are ranking in the bucks by the billions upon billions that you now do not have to put out for fuel.  And most all the airlines restructured to adapt to the high fuel cost and are now getting even more savings since they restructured for what, 90-110 per barrel?  Now in the 60's?  They restructured for 100 barrel oil but will rake in double if not triple the savings now.  Don't settle for anything less than industry leading.  Oh, but wait a minute, I do believe the teamsters garenteed this to you guys during their card drive,  hmmmm still not there after how many years guys???   Come-on it's time to move on...

Reactions: 3 people
gtd said:
I think they do. They are called, "dragon flies."
Hey GTD,
I don't mean to be a downer all the time.
I wish you all the best!
Just don't understand how the AMFA M&R believed these ibt hucksters.
Good Luck!
Have a "Merry Christmas" & Happy New Year!
Dump the ibt in 2015!
B) xUT

Reactions: 1 person
xUT said:
Hey GTD,
I don't mean to be a downer all the time.
I wish you all the best!
Just don't understand how the AMFA M&R believed these ibt hucksters.
Good Luck!
Have a "Merry Christmas" & Happy New Year!
Dump the ibt in 2015!
B) xUT
No worries my friend. 2015 is the year of the AMT at UAL. The cards are rolling in and so aren't the volunteers. The ibt's days are numbered. Wish us luck. GT

Reactions: 6 people
gtd said:
No worries my friend. 2015 is the year of the AMT at UAL. The cards are rolling in and so aren't the volunteers. The ibt's days are numbered. Wish us luck. GT
I do wish you guys luck.  You guys might even beat the AA fellas into AMFA, LOL.  Look forward to the announcement sometime in 2015.  What are the numbers needed?  How many does UAL have?

Reactions: 3 people