industry profit sharing, and bonuses

dfw gen

Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
seeing that there was a leadership (whats that?) conference this week and the theme allegedly was respect and be nice to your employees i figured it would be interesting to see what everybody got.
my understanding is that:
southwest made 2 billion dollars an will deposit 10% in to he 401k and distribute 3.2% for a total of 13.2%
Delta is averaging 16% payout
American made 5 BILLION and the rank and file gets 3%....last year level 5 and above received a 17% bonus doing such a bang up job im sure it will be better.

meanwhile granted our pay is better, but we still live under a bankruptcy benefits contract i.e 5 holidays at 1.5 x pay, 5 sick days a year still missing two weeks vacation,10 days of i.d.,the company match of the terminated medical. and well oh yea the 14% that the twu is "holding" for us.

seeing that there was a leadership (whats that?) conference this week and the theme allegedly was respect and be nice to your employees i figured it would be interesting to see what everybody got.
my understanding is that:
southwest made 2 billion dollars an will deposit 10% in to he 401k and distribute 3.2% for a total of 13.2%
Delta is averaging 16% payout
American made 5 BILLION and the rank and file gets 3%....last year level 5 and above received a 17% bonus doing such a bang up job im sure it will be better.

meanwhile granted our pay is better, but we still live under a bankruptcy benefits contract i.e 5 holidays at 1.5 x pay, 5 sick days a year still missing two weeks vacation,10 days of i.d.,the company match of the terminated medical. and well oh yea the 14% that the twu is "holding" for us.

.....and we are still not seeing the often promised "Delta+7%".

April? Jeez my understanding is that there were negotiations going on this week and not even the courtesy of an update!

Will Sito be bringing his cattle prod just to nudge things along. All they really have to do is make LAA happy and it will pass

Not sure exactly when they're stepping in honestly? And I hope whatever comes out of it makes us ALL happy.

You guys got what your unions negotiated for you. Might as well stop complaining about getting what your contract required.

You guys got what your unions negotiated for you. Might as well stop complaining about getting what your contract required.
Oh.... I didn't know the union negotiated that profit sharing E, do tell......If its in the contract, which article is that?

Reactions: conehead777
Oh.... I didn't know the union negotiated that profit sharing E, do tell......If its in the contract, which article is that?

That's the point. You want to live and die under a contract, so I guess you now have to suck it up when the contract is followed in good times and you don't get to partake at the trough like all those at-will employees who don't have labor agreements to protect them.