industry profit sharing, and bonuses

I don't know about 10% but after looking at these payouts our hourly compensation has to be looked at again, what we received in August can't be the final number

this was brought up in the other fsc thread.

- of course $30.17 isn't the final number. you know that.
- i'd be happy with $35.00/hr max, content with $34.50/hr max, contingent on other gain(s).

this has to be baked into the wage cake, because there is no other way we will ever approach dl profit sharing windfalls. i want to say that dl also gives their employees bonuses for meeting goals.

if joe lunchbox at dl made $55,000 (21%) in 2015 and $60,000 (10%) in 2016, he has walked away with apprx. $17,500 in profit sharing the past 2 years. going forward, the association needs to fight this angle.

i don't begrudge dl at all. God bless them. ua threw a big monkey wrench into aal's leverage. parker undermines his negotiators by bragging about the airline never losing money again.

i expect the union to turn that wrench to $35.00/hr psi.

How many were actually surprised that our profit sharing would be smaller than the other airlines? Show of hands, please.

Thank you. Now would anyone be surprised to find that the profit sharing percentages for upper level management will be absolutely in line with (if not greater than) the other airlines? Once again, show of hands, please.

Cant be mad at 'em. You get what you negotiate...
What are the variables did the pilot get less of a raise in lieu of profit sharing?I have no problem with a pilot getting 10% of $250,000 or an AMT getiing 10% of $100.000 or a FSC getting 10% of 60,000 but to have different percentages when everything else is equal nah.here at AA we get a small cash bonus if we score well with the DOT baggage handling, on time etc if they gave a bigger payout to one group AA would never reach those goals again believe me

- i'd be happy with $35.00/hr max, content with $34.50/hr max, contingent on other gain(s).

this has to be baked into the wage cake, because there is no other way we will ever approach dl profit sharing windfalls. i want to say that dl also gives their employees bonuses for meeting goals.

if joe lunchbox at dl made $55,000 (21%) in 2015 and $60,000 (10%) in 2016, he has walked away with apprx. $17,500 in profit sharing the past 2 years. going forward, the association needs to fight this angle.

i don't begrudge dl at all. God bless them. ua threw a big monkey wrench into aal's leverage. parker undermines his negotiators by bragging about the airline never losing money again.

i expect the union to turn that wrench to $35.00/hr psi.
All remember Parker said we should be the best compensated

How many were actually surprised that our profit sharing would be smaller than the other airlines? Show of hands, please.

Thank you. Now would anyone be surprised to find that the profit sharing percentages for upper level management will be absolutely in line with (if not greater than) the other airlines? Once again, show of hands, please.
upload_2017-2-15_17-13-1.png

True. We get paid $25 each for meeting 4 different goals.

What are the variables did the pilot get less of a raise in lieu of profit sharing?I have no problem with a pilot getting 10% of $250,000 or an AMT getiing 10% of $100.000 or a FSC getting 10% of 60,000 but to have different percentages when everything else is equal nah.here at AA we get a small cash bonus if we score well with the DOT baggage handling, on time etc if they gave a bigger payout to one group AA would never reach those goals again believe me

A sizable raise, retro pay, got to keep the previous-and higher paying- Profit Sharing formula, etc...

True. We get paid $25 each for meeting 4 different goals.

A sizable raise, retro pay, got to keep the previous-and higher paying- Profit Sharing formula, etc...
Where's 700 when you want to start a card drive?

You'll always find someone who is willing to complain about not getting enough profit sharing after getting what was a fairly exceptional raise in their base pay.

The bump in pay is most appreciated. However that bump is not the promised Delta+7%. We are going into our 14th year of concessions. Holidays, overtime, sick time and vacation are all equally important to me. The 3% profit sharing with the August raise, still leaves us well short of what the company has committed to. I will enjoy the profit sharing but that doesn't mean I'm going to give the union or company a pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bump in pay is most appreciated. However that bump is not the promised Dalta+7%. We are going into our 14th year of concessions. Holidays, overtime, sick time and vacation are all equally important to me. The 3% profit sharing with the August raise, still leaves us well short of what the company has committed to. I will enjoy the profit sharing but that doesn't mean I'm going to give the union or company a pass.

Very reasonable response.