Iraqis Lead Final Purge Of Al-Qaeda

Here's a quote for all you flag waving so called patriots:
"Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship....
Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country
"
Hermann Goering
Sounds like the good ole' USA. What did the Bush say? "If you're not with us you're with the terrorists."
For all those who think getting rid of Bush will bring change:Hitler Youth?
This is serious doo doo!

Sounds like the good ole' USA. What did the Bush say? "If you're not with us you're with the terrorists."
For all those who think getting rid of Bush will bring change:Hitler Youth?
This is serious doo doo!

The internet is an amazing thing. You can either make things up like the above or you can actually listen to the speech and hear what he said with in the context of the speech. Granted, it is far less interesting to actually know what you are speaking of but you keep on doing what ever blows your skirt up.

Here is the link to the speech:
Obama speech

Start about about 14 min. The actual quote is at 16:30 or so.

The internet is an amazing thing. You can either make things up like the above or you can actually listen to the speech and hear what he said with in the context of the speech. Granted, it is far less interesting to actually know what you are speaking of but you keep on doing what ever blows your skirt up.

Here is the link to the speech:
Obama speech

Start about about 14 min. The actual quote is at 16:30 or so.
“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-fundedâ€￾
That is not taken out of context. That is a direct quote from McBama's speech in Colorado Springs on July 2, 2008.
Honestly, do you really believe all this change hype comming out of McBama?
By the way, I think McInane is full of manure also.

“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-fundedâ€￾
That is not taken out of context. That is a direct quote from McBama's speech in Colorado Springs on July 2, 2008.
Honestly, do you really believe all this change hype comming out of McBama?
By the way, I think McInane is full of manure also.

Since you provided no context for the quote and the OP did not provide any context for the quote I would say it is out of context. He starts out by saying he will increase the number of the US military to 65k sols and 27k marines. Then he goes on to talk about peace corp, teachers, nurses ... etc. He is talking about rebuilding our infrastructure. He said he wants to increase Americore from 75k jobs to 250k jobs. He is talking about the Peace Corp.

I will admit that your little rant is far more entertaining. Sometimes the facts just get in the way..... carry on.

I do not believe anything out of any politicians mouth. Whether he is able to do what he says is unknown. I believe what I can see, touch, smell and hear. I am merely putting into context what he said. I cannot help if what was said does not fit your paranoia. If you want to have an argument, at least present the facts and not your twisted version of them.

Since you provided no context for the quote and the OP did not provide any context for the quote I would say it is out of context. He starts out by saying he will increase the number of the US military to 65k sols and 27k marines. Then he goes on to talk about peace corp, teachers, nurses ... etc. He is talking about rebuilding our infrastructure. He said he wants to increase Americore from 75k jobs to 250k jobs. He is talking about the Peace Corp.

I will admit that your little rant is far more entertaining. Sometimes the facts just get in the way..... carry on.

I do not believe anything out of any politicians mouth. Whether he is able to do what he says is unknown. I believe what I can see, touch, smell and hear. I am merely putting into context what he said. I cannot help if what was said does not fit your paranoia. If you want to have an argument, at least present the facts and not your twisted version of them.
Nice try on the spin job. You know where the quote is from, you provided it. <_<

I was wrong! I will submit! I love Big Brother! I will vote for "McBama!"
Goldstein will get us if we don't defend the Homeland! :eek: BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!

We need to get back on track here.
Operation Lion's Roar...very interesting..
Is that when W roars and Dick tosses him the meat???!!!