Iraqi's Military Battle Not Going Well

Oct 30, 2006
According to several US officials, the Iraqi's military push into the southern city of Basra is not going as well as American officials had hoped, despite President Bush's high praise for the operation.

A closely held U.S. military intelligence analysis of the fighting in Basra shows that Iraqi security forces control less than a quarter of the city, according to officials in both the United States and Iraq, and Basra's police units are deeply infiltrated by members of radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr's Mehdi Army.

"This is going to go on for a while," one U.S. military official said.

CNN ARTICLE

Lets be COMPLETELY honest with ourselves here.

If ANY of us had a Loved One, who was "hooked" on, Mired in a HOPELESS situation(For example Gambling, Drinking, Drugs), ....would'nt we ALL say to him/her......"Before you can HEAL yourself, you have to......"STOP"....... the disfunctional behavior" !

Iraq was a SERIOUS Mistake, a WAR built on LIES,.........However, we have NO control over the Past, Just the Future.

ADMIT the error, ..........STOP the Disfunction,.........and(safely, for the troops that are there)...........LEAVE !!

If ANY of us had a Loved One, who was "hooked" on, Mired in a HOPELESS situation(For example Gambling, Drinking, Drugs), ....would'nt we ALL say to him/her......"Before you can HEAL yourself, you have to......"STOP"....... the disfunctional behavior" !

Iraq was a SERIOUS Mistake, a WAR built on LIES,.........However, we have NO control over the Past, Just the Future.

ADMIT the error, ..........STOP the Disfunction,.........and(safely, for the troops that are there)...........LEAVE !!

Doesn't the training and gradually increasing competence of the Iraqi Army bring us closer to that goal?

Doesn't the training and gradually increasing competence of the Iraqi Army bring us closer to that goal?

I think it does; it is nice to see that we are allowing them to start supporting their own security measures. One way to learn is to learn by mistake (if this does turn out poorly, there will be some good out of it).

Finality is coming Bears, one way or another!

I find it interesting that none of you rah-rah, Yeah Bush, boys were able to find a single link that included the terrorist shelling of the Baghdad Green Zone (you know, the "safe" area of Baghdad) over the past two days. If not, let me enlighten you...the one where the U.S. Embassy is warning all employees and U.S. citizens to remain in reinforced buildings until further notice, and where two of the Iraqi V-P's security force were killed.

The war in Iraq is going great! For Bin Laden.

I see that very little is mentioned about the fact that part of the reason for the 'success' of the surge is the agreement with Sadir to lay low. Should he decided to breech that agreement, the blood will resume to flow.

How many more lives is that place worth?

I see that very little is mentioned about the fact that part of the reason for the 'success' of the surge is the agreement with Sadir to lay low. Should he decided to breech that agreement, the blood will resume to flow.

How many more lives is that place worth?

Depends on what Lives' that are deemed important.
True, the USA has lost over 4000 lives so far, but how many Iraqi lives have been lost?
Are concerned about the ‘total’ loss of life?
Or just the lives of Mericans?
Does our ‘presence’ kill more people in the long term if we stay or if we would leave?
Inquiring minds would like to know… :p

B)

I find it interesting that none of you rah-rah, Yeah Bush, boys were able to find a single link that included the terrorist shelling of the Baghdad Green Zone (you know, the "safe" area of Baghdad) over the past two days. If not, let me enlighten you...the one where the U.S. Embassy is warning all employees and U.S. citizens to remain in reinforced buildings until further notice, and where two of the Iraqi V-P's security force were killed.

The war in Iraq is going great! For Bin Laden.

It still is a war zone and some radicals still abound....you think its like Myrtle Beach?

A four deuce can reach out and touch someone a little over four and a half klicks.....

I think that is part of the reason for the recent 'blood flow' in Basra. Prior to the recent Basra battle, Al-Sadr (as you mentioned for the success of the 'surge') had requested that his militia lay low. Apparently, once Iraqi forces busted into Basra, Al-Sadr's militia started fighting again.

Once again, however, as of today, Al-Sadr has called off his militia... and it was welcomed by Iraq's government.

CNN ARTICLE

Latest posts