Is Jfk Out Of Control?

mrman said:
Another reason to stay in Dallas is quality of life for employees(HDQ, Pilots, FA's Ground) . $200,000 can get you a 2200 sq foot new house with dog and a yard 5 minutes from work with no state or city income tax and lower cost of living without much snow. Although there is August!
DWF also gets AA 3 WEAK unions, with "spineless" leaders, who, If they were HDQ'd in NYC, WHOULD HAVE NEVER,EVER GOT AWAY WITH THE S##T they pulled 6 months ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BK, or no BK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't for a second think that even way back then, that AA did'nt think about that.
That's a major reason they moved.

Ask the F/A's(in 1993) which domicile was "SCAB CENTRAL" ????

"DF & W"

NH/BB's

JFK777 said:
JFK is not a hub a la DFW or ORD.
True, it's not a hub. But, they did kill any chance of major east coast connecting traffic when they killed the JFK Eagle base. There were a ton of convenient connections in the northeast with Eagle. Now, it's all gone. The plan for terminal 8 was to include a bunch of RJ/narrowbody gates. Are those still in the works? If they are, will AA bring back the east coast feed and maybe expand more in the east?

The present JFK terminal situation stinks. Terminal 8(old AA) has been added and remodelled since the 707 days. Terminal 9( old UAL) has been torn down, it used to handle some transcon, Eagle and Caribean departures( all international arrivals are at T8). Less space means less flights, Another 2 or 3 years we will have the newsest and best.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
DWF also gets AA 3 WEAK unions, with "spineless" leaders, who, If they were HDQ'd in NYC, WHOULD HAVE NEVER,EVER GOT AWAY WITH THE S##T they pulled 6 months ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BK, or no BK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't for a second think that even way back then, that AA did'nt think about that.
That's a major reason they moved.

Ask the F/A's(in 1993) which domicile was "SCAB CENTRAL" ????

"DF & W"

NH/BB's
Let's assume you're correct, and that every union leader in DFW is a coward, while all those at JFK are stout of heart and ready to fight to the death for every penny of profit that mgmt. is wrongfully withholding in these heady, post 9-11 days when money is just rolling in the doors. If you were running the company and wanted to exploit workers for all they're worth, wouldn't you, as an evil member of mgmt., want to head to where the cowards were and leave behind the heroes?

But, wait - that would be a smart move and you've already said all mgmt. are "morons" - I think that's the word you used the other day.

JFK777 said:
The present JFK terminal situation stinks. Terminal 8(old AA) has been added and remodelled since the 707 days. Terminal 9( old UAL) has been torn down, it used to handle some transcon, Eagle and Caribean departures( all international arrivals are at T8). Less space means less flights, Another 2 or 3 years we will have the newsest and best.
They only tore down half of the old UAL terminal. We are still using the other half. Eagle still operates out of there along with many Carribean flights. There wasnt much wrong with it all in the first place and perhaps if AA had not overextended themselves with all these purely ego driven construction projects we would all still be earning a decent living.

Sure AA might end up with the nicest terminal at JFK but at the rate things are going what good will it be? I heard that during the recent snowstorm workers walked off the job after 4 hours of OT, they refused to continue working since it was no longer doubletime. The rumor is that the company was offering $100 American Express certificates to anyone who stayed. Is this legal? Do they send everyone a 1099 at the end of the year?

The fact is that morale is at an all time low, and thats pretty low. Most just show up in order to collect a paycheck, nothing more. In an industry like this its the little extra that workers give that makes all the difference. The company no longer gets this and over time it will make all the difference.

Buy stock in SWA. They know how to treat their employees as well as the customers.

Bob Owens said:
I heard that during the recent snowstorm workers walked off the job after 4 hours of OT, they refused to continue working since it was no longer doubletime.

Buy stock in SWA. They know how to treat their employees as well as the customers.
Time and a half not enough motivation to get people to work? They'll only work for double time? Hope they aren't crying about the pay cuts.

Or you could have bought AMR - this afternoon it is still worth 10 times what it was worth on its lowest day in March. B)

Bob Owens said:
The fact is that morale is at an all time low, and thats pretty low. Most just show up in order to collect a paycheck, nothing more. In an industry like this its the little extra that workers give that makes all the difference. The company no longer gets this and over time it will make all the difference.
Employees' showing up only to collect a paycheck is a surefire way to ensure they won't be collecting a paycheck that much longer - at least not from their current employer. If the current employer and its unions have courage, the employees will be sent packing in lieu of workers who actually want the company to succeed. If not, the entire ship goes down. Either way, bye bye paycheck.

Granted, most of us aren't thrilled to be at work - the way I look at it is if you love your job you're one of the lucky ones who are paid for their hobby. But there's a difference between not being in love with your job and hating it so much that you make it a point of religion to do the bare minimum.

How can these people walk off the JOB? They are probably making $40/hour, $60/hour with time and a half. This is new york where everything cost more. Where can I sing up, I'll work at JFK for $40-60/hour with benefits. Unions are so strong in New York, people in transit, garbage and police commonly make $100,000 yearly. And you wonder why New York City, with a budget of $30 billion annually, is always broke.

Guiliani complained for years about the city's "disadvantaged" situation with JFK and LGA and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, not enough cash flow out of the airports.

How can these people walk off the JOB? They are probably making $40/hour, $60/hour with time and a half. This is new york where everything cost more. Where can I sing up, I'll work at JFK for $40-60/hour with benefits. Unions are so strong in New York, people in transit, garbage and police commonly make $100,000 yearly. And you wonder why New York City, with a budget of $30 billion annually, is always broke.

Guiliani complained for years about the city's "disadvantaged" situation with JFK and LGA and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, not enough cash flow out of the airports.

"Guiliani complained for years about NYC's disadvantaged situations with JFK and LGA and PANYNJ"

Another moronic statement by GHOULIANI, and that was 17 years ago. GHOULIANI hates things that he doesn't have a prayer for things he can't Control !!

AAmech, it may stink to do business in NYC but JFK is the only airport we fly 6 777 daily to one destination, LHR. I would find it hard to build a case you could fill 6 777 at DFW to London ( poor DFW, Its Gatwicked), even with all their feed.

Wrong! DFW has 3 flights daily to Great Britain. ALL of them are to Heathrow. AA terminated DFW-LGW service in 2004. You're at least 14 years out of date on your knowledge of AA DFW routes.

Also, there is no such service level called club class. There may have been at one time, but not since at least 2000, the year I started with AA as a flight attendant. I've never heard of club class as a service level on any AA flight to anywhere. On a 777, there are First Class, Business Class, Premium Economy, Economy. Some flights may also have Basic Economy (aka Hell on Earth), but that is more of a domestic level of service.

Last edited:
Wrong! DFW has 3 flights daily to Great Britain. ALL of them are to Heathrow. AA terminated DFW-LGW service in 2004. You're at least 14 years out of date on your knowledge of AA DFW routes.

Also, there is no such service level called club class. There may have been at one time, but not since at least 2000, the year I started with AA as a flight attendant. I've never heard of club class as a service level on any AA flight to anywhere. On a 777, there are First Class, Business Class, Premium Economy, Economy. Some flights may also have Basic Economy (aka Hell on Earth), but that is more of a domestic level of service.

Jim this thread and the post you grabbed are from 2003. This is a 15 year old thread dug up by a new poster.

WeAAsles, thanks for the heads up. I didn't look at the dates, and the board showed it as a "Active topic" post.

1986Mekanic, you wake up 15 year old threads in order to confuse old people like me. WeAAsles won't admit it, but he just loves to point and giggle at the posts that serve absolutely no purpose. LOL

(BTW, point and giggle are the two things you never do in the bedroom. :rolleyes:)