It's out

you were confused the first time, you will need to vote again!.... :blink:

I have no doubt the IAM would try a revote ala USAir, but A) I'll just vote "no" again, and 2) at this point, I'm not sure that it'll come to that. Too many folks ruled by fear ("but, Kevin how else will I make the payments on my brand new truck? What about the boat? The house that's three times larger than I need? We'll just be lucky to have a job.")....

Too many folks ruled by fear ("but, Kevin how else will I make the payments on my brand new truck? What about the boat? The house that's three times larger than I need? We'll just be lucky to have a job.")....
No truer words ever spoken!

I see that the IAM scab union reeled more fools into the IAM National pension plan. No surprise there. Amazing how the IAM's Booby DeScab can make a deal with Julie "Golden" Showers and the rest of Scab Air management. Must because they are old friends. :down:

Well, since the IAM willingly offered to give up Line pay, shift differential, longevity pay and short/easy hours, in this offer, nothing should be suprising. :down:

I'd take a 401k match over a pension plan (IAM or otherwise) anyday.....

I hope that everyone reads between all the lines.There is more than one trap door in that mess they call a proposal.
Im not surprised that the I.A.M wants us to vote this in...no paycut or relocation for Bobby and the boys.

FYI: Retired IAM President, George Kourpias, sits on the BOD at NWA :shock: !! Just like ex-IAM John Peterpaul does on the UAL-BOD :shock: .

Seeing any trends here???????

that proposal contract is nothing but toilet paper. just flush it down the toilet. of course the IAM wants it to pass cause they running scared after the destruction they did to us at usair

Kev3188,

Although the P/T "crap" goes to 50%, and their hours increased to 6 per day, I did'nt see where the overtime rules were changed.
In otherwords, if overtime is needed(HEAVEN FORBID) :shock: , Part Timers, or no part timers, if the F/T ers "work to rule", the loss of F/T jobs might backfire in their(NW's) face, meaning that the overtime "could go through the roof".
I've seen it happen before.

??????????

NH/BB's

Kev3188,

Although the P/T "crap" goes to 50%, and their hours increased to 6 per day, I did'nt see where the overtime rules were changed.

As far as I know, unless specifically mentioned in the full text proposal, the current language stands. However, over the course of the last few years (!) there have several TA's on specific points/articles in our CBA. Mostly non-economic things (i.e. trade policies and the like). What exactly are they, and how would they affect the "new" contract? I haven't a clue; it's on my list of questions for Wednesday's dog and pony show in MSP.

You're right, though. 1 hour extra for PT isn't going to change much as far as OT being needed.....

lets not forget the language pertaining to the 40 stations that are left.It wont be hard to wittle away at those by changing the flight schedule for a few months.Go under their number.....see ya.

[quote name='Work'n short' post='345006' date='Jan 24 2006, 12:51 PM']lets not forget the language pertaining to the 40 stations that are left.It wont be hard to wittle away at those by changing the flight schedule for a few months.Go under their number.....see ya.[/quote]

Exactly. There's already 2 or 3 of the "surviving" stations that don't meet the 30 flight minimum (MSY, eg.).

Latest posts