It's out

Kev and Worknshort, I realize you guys are on the clock for eight hours a day but I am curious as to how many of those hours do you actually work and how many are spent just hanging out BSing, reading the paper a book or magazines?

Probably about the same amount of time you spend doing the same sorts of things.

Kev and Worknshort, I realize you guys are on the clock for eight hours a day but I am curious as to how many of those hours do you actually work and how many are spent just hanging out BSing, reading the paper a book or magazines?

The entire shift.

The only reading happening is on my lunch break (and that's assuming I get one, which doesn't always happen).

The entire shift.

The only reading happening is on my lunch break (and that's assuming I get one, which doesn't always happen).
...........I would agree with that Kev,and I would add that when I do get a chance to read a news paper it's most likely being done while some replacement machanic is stocking up on paper clips and tape.,,,, :shock:

I wouldnt go that far. go to ALASKA Board and check out how some of their ramper have been doing since the British Based company took over? that is just for beginners. Vendors dont do a good job because they cant keep people due to lack of pay benes and stuff like that compared to the UNIONIZED AGENTS HIRED by the AIRLINES
I would, at least in part, agree with you here. Low wages and poor leadership will give you a high employee turnover, which will result in lower performence. On the other hand, entitlement attitude, no fear of termination for poor performence, and lack of accountability will also lead to poor performance. Again I envoke my oft mentioned "20 percent" rule, so please dont assume I feel all unions are guilty of this. There must be a middle ground here, where the REAL hard workers and heavy hitters are rewarded for their quality and loyalty, while the slugs and worthless are weeded out.

No paycut for these dopes. :angry:

If you really want to get bent, check out the LM-2 forms for these officers.

Click here for a good "jumping off point" to start a search.

(bump)

The 2005 LM-2's for district 143 are now posted. Click here, and enter "file number" 028-083.Good to see that while membership declined by roughly 3,000 members year over year, all the GC's are making six figures. :down:

Happy reading.....

P.S. Yeah, I know it's lame to qoute your own posts, so no need to point that out......

District 143 tried to convince the Company to implement the contract while preserving the “me tooâ€￾ language contained in the ratified proposal. This would have immediately reduced the amount of court-imposed wage reductions our members are enduring, but NWA refused to do so. Therefore, the “Conditions to Effectivenessâ€￾ contained in the ratified proposal prevail. (See NWA Proposed Settlement Offer that was mailed to each member prior to the ratification vote, page 8, #27 Conditions of Effectiveness or reference DL143 website at www.iam143.org)

What Dicks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep.

Getting 8% of your base pay back doesn't mean a damn thing if your station is closing.

If I was in one of the affected cities, I'd be allllll about the IAM/company taking their sweet time to implement this thing.
I see the pilots are working to boot their leaders.What can we do other than waite for the results of the election?Whats done is done as far as I can tell.Mr Disgrace got half the membership to sell out the other half,simple as that.Myself and 79 other cities have to just show up and waite for the axe to fall while the I.A.M plays grab#@s for another couple months,meanwhile were trying to survive on welfare wages while reading about how the I.A.M wants to court the scabs???...What can we,the cities that got the shaft do now?..Bobby Disgrace will never work on the ramp again,he doesnt need to.I'm sure he was compensated well for the inside sellout he orchestrated.Too bad for us that our dues money does not protect us from the membership we pay them to.The picture is more clear now than ever yet we have found no way to right it.What good was signing the POS proposal when the contents will not go into effect until everyone else has made their deal?..I'll tell you....Bobby just gave them more time to find our replacements...because that whole thing isnt working out the way they thought it would.I wouldnt be surprised if good old Mr. Disgrace was on the farm out team helping the company find replacements...I mean that New house in long island didnt come cheap.......or did it?

[quote name='Work'n short' post='374890' date='Apr 25 2006, 07:55 AM']I see the pilots are working to boot their leaders.What can we do other than waite for the results of the election?Whats done is done as far as I can tell.Mr Disgrace got half the membership to sell out the other half,simple as that.Myself and 79 other cities have to just show up and waite for the axe to fall while the I.A.M plays grab#@s for another couple months,meanwhile were trying to survive on welfare wages while reading about how the I.A.M wants to court the scabs???...What can we,the cities that got the shaft do now?..Bobby Disgrace will never work on the ramp again,he doesnt need to.I'm sure he was compensated well for the inside sellout he orchestrated.Too bad for us that our dues money does not protect us from the membership we pay them to.The picture is more clear now than ever yet we have found no way to right it.What good was signing the POS proposal when the contents will not go into effect until everyone else has made their deal?..I'll tell you....Bobby just gave them more time to find our replacements...because that whole thing isnt working out the way they thought it would.I wouldnt be surprised if good old Mr. Disgrace was on the farm out team helping the company find replacements...I mean that New house in long island didnt come cheap.......or did it?[/quote]
how come on the internal job posting site those "temp" jobs are now "perm"? MAYBE because no one is stupid enough to try for those jobs?

And the ** WORST ** thing about the IAM "selling out" it's out-station people is the fact that they required the company to recognize THEM as the bargaining unit for all the people thay just sold down the river !!!!

Is that the ULTIMATE irony or what...just what I need...to be represented by a union that allows the company to :

1). Outsource my job
2). Cut my wages by 50% (new 3rd party wage scale)
3). take away vacation time
4). increase/cut work hour requirements per the companys needs
5). And the IAM can STILL take my money every month...

When this all started...I din't think ANYTHING could be as vile, disgusting and outright criminal as the NWA management team...

But the IAM makes them look like PIKERS !!!