It's out

Quote;PTO

You make some good points but I am not so sure about the staffing part. There are usually four per aircraft and as many as six. Today for sure there were six on one particular 757. I have yet to hear any CSA doing any yelling at all.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Six guys? Are you kidding? Not where I work. Most days were "lucky" if we have four. You have no idea of what exactly is involved in turning an A/C in 40 mins. Do you?

RTB--

You beat me to it..Having six guys to turn a flight here would be a Godsend!

I have yet to hear any CSA doing any yelling at all.

Keep looking.

.... I am not even going to bother with your tripe comment.

...And yet you have; how ironic.

The "red tape" shows that we are aware of the problem and that it is being taken care of.

I highly doubt the passengers feel that way.

Trash strewn on the aircraft is a simple sign of neglect and not caring. No double standards involved here Kev.

No,trash strewn on an aircraft is symptomatic of an airline that has lost sight of the fact that it's in a "service" business.

FWIW, a few years ago, I had the "pleasure" of having Suzanne Boda tell me that turn cleaning is "one area where we can afford to cut corners."

RTB--

You beat me to it..Having six guys to turn a flight here would be a Godsend!
Keep looking.
...And yet you have; how ironic.
I highly doubt the passengers feel that way.

No,trash strewn on an aircraft is symptomatic of an airline that has lost sight of the fact that it's in a "service" business.

FWIW, a few years ago, I had the "pleasure" of having Suzanne Boda tell me that turn cleaning is "one area where we can afford to cut corners."
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
OK...Let me just add this,Mr. airplane mechanic has never rebooked a flight or boarded one,nor has he ever had to rebook 125 people with them yelling in his face...I think the 4 hour rule picture is not one easily understood.Right now..everyday..we open the station with 4..thats FOUR people total...that means to check in/to board and load a DC-9 -50.We have to clean 1 half of the last ron at 0418 from the night before and so on.....my screen name is a reflection of a unfortunate truth.WE work short every day.There was a time when we had at least 3 in and 4 out....that..is no more.We have been working like this for about the last 2 years.You can not EVER get a DAT nor can you ever get a BH or AH...the people here are spent.We have 2 out (oji)three light duty so that makes the rest of us even more beat up.I'm not crying in my beer here...just telling it how it is.When I started the topic of...what does your manager do?..I was just commenting on this situation.///plain and simple...we have enough to do without Mr station manager stepping on our necks about a peanut on the floor or a nose print on a window.We do more now than ever before and at less pay....BRING IN THE SCABS,thats what I say..try my shoes on,see how they fit..for the 9 bucks an hour they want to pay....maybe they can learn to fly the god d#$% plane too....

[quote name='Work'n short' post='357633' date='Feb 27 2006, 06:47 PM']ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
OK...Let me just add this,Mr. airplane mechanic has never rebooked a flight or boarded one,nor has he ever had to rebook 125 people with them yelling in his face...[/quote]

Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed? There might be a shortage where you are at but there is not one here.

Kev I took your advice and checked out the cabins the other day. I was not impressed at all. Do they give you guys vacuum cleaners to use? If so they need to try using them if not you guys need to request some.

Kev I took your advice and checked out the cabins the other day. I was not impressed at all. Do they give you guys vacuum cleaners to use? If so they need to try using them if not you guys need to request some.

You're not impressed? Gee, what a suprise. :rolleyes:
Are you now an auditor as well?

Vacuums? Yes, every station has them. All the RON's in my station are vacuumed every night, and then double checked.

If the job isn't getting done in DTW-and I'm not saying it isn't- then again (as RTB has pointed out), the company needs to first ensure that the crews have both the tools (staffing, supplies, etc) and time to do the job correctly (scheduling). Once those criteria are met, it's up to mgmt and the auditors to make sure the job meets the standards in place.

You're not impressed? Gee, what a suprise. :rolleyes:
Are you now an auditor as well?

Vacuums? Yes, every station has them. All the RON's in my station are vacuumed every night, and then double checked.

If the job isn't getting done in DTW-and I'm not saying it isn't- then again (as RTB has pointed out), the company needs to first ensure that the crews have both the tools (staffing, supplies, etc) and time to do the job correctly (scheduling). Once those criteria are met, it's up to mgmt and the auditors to make sure the job meets the standards in place.
RON cleaning?...yeah what ever.
Kev>>.you heard anything new on the disposal proposal?

[quote name='Work'n short' post='357894' date='Feb 28 2006, 05:01 PM']RON cleaning?...yeah what ever.
Kev>>.you heard anything new on the disposal proposal?[/quote]
Here you guys are in the middle of contract negotiations, screaming, "You get what you pay for." Now here is Northwest saying "We know, the problem is we are not getting what we are paying for. Our aircraft are dirty, you guys are late marshalling in aircraft, bags and strollers are being left on the jetway, you are calling in bogus maintenance reports and bags are being mishandled." It's a no brainer to me outsource the whole thing and to hell with the contract.

Here you guys are in the middle of contract negotiations, screaming, "You get what you pay for." Now here is Northwest saying "We know, the problem is we are not getting what we are paying for. Our aircraft are dirty, you guys are late marshalling in aircraft, bags and strollers are being left on the jetway, you are calling in bogus maintenance reports and bags are being mishandled." It's a no brainer to me outsource the whole thing and to hell with the contract.
It's funny how the company had nothing to say about any of this when they were raking in record profits prior to and during the last round of paycuts (1993-96)
Only after the corporate raiders (Checci,Wilson and their cronies) sucked the company dry are we hearing them cry poor mouth. And its not because they're not getting what they're paying for. Because what they're paying us now (topped out)is about the same money that they were paying us "20" years ago and probably longer.

Here you guys are in the middle of contract negotiations, screaming, "You get what you pay for." Now here is Northwest saying "We know, the problem is we are not getting what we are paying for.

The same amount of work for 19% less? Yep, that sounds like NW....

Our aircraft are dirty,

Yet lots of stations ace their audits...

you guys are late marshalling in aircraft,

Doubt it's anywhere near as chronic as you think. Nevertheless, it all goes back to staffing or lack thereof, and completely ineffectual mgmt..

bags and strollers are being left on the jetway,

See first sentence above.

you are calling in bogus maintenance reports

That's a pretty serious allegation. Prove it (oh, and "come over to DTW" does not count).

It's a no brainer to me outsource the whole thing and to hell with the contract.

Hey, what a great idea! Then everyone could be scabs. Hurray!! :rolleyes:

In another thread you stated, "So please allow me to display my infinite ignorance..."

I think you've done that quite nicely here as of of late.

Now back to the original topic....

[quote name='Work'n short' post='358661' date='Mar 2 2006, 12:22 PM']Did anyone see if there was a actual clause in the disposal proposal that said how the ballots would be handled?..ie:sealed and sent from each station in the presence of someone local? :shock:[/quote]

I think (but am not sure) that election and ballot handling procedures are covered in the DL143 bylaws. I know that some locals also have their own procedures in place as well....

Either way, putting ballots in a Wyp-All box (as was done out here) is not good enough. :angry:

[quote name='LGA Fleet Service' post='358543' date='Mar 2 2006, 06:29 AM']They'll do that, then they'll void the election results and accept the proposal "On behalf of the membership".[/quote]

I wouldn't bet against them trying that....I'm also willing to bet that there will be a flurry of protests once the results are released (there always are).

Well...you have to hand it to the pilots for at least making it interesting....evidently the pilots union bossman takes a calcium vitamin at least once a week for stronger bones and spine,unlike the IAM prez who lacks spinal rigidity and sold out his members before he steped foot in a courtroom. :down:

Latest posts