Jack Knows Pto And Opus

These jobs became available because of the free market society we live in. You opted to leave and someone else filled the vacancy. Cut and dried.

Using that logic i suppose it would be ok for another man to tend to your wifes needs seeing as how you chose not to be with her. I bet she would like to be with someone who has a spine as well.

Chas,
As PTO said, keep working on your one liners, one day you'll stop dribbling. I didn't walk out on my family, but if you need someone to tend to your wife because you also didn't have the spine to make your own decisions, there are places for help. I'm sure you could place a personal ad in your local paper.

Using that logic i suppose it would be ok for another man to tend to your wifes needs seeing as how you chose not to be with her. I bet she would like to be with someone who has a spine as well.

That is just incredibly sad, some wives (I don't know about yours) but some wives are faithful and believe in their marriages, I am opus's wife and I know a lot of contractors wives and we are all faithful to our husbands and love them very much. I don't understand the attacks on us or our families or our marriages or for that matter our husbands. Why is it so hard to believe we have normal families, just like you people? Why is it so hard to understand that we love our husbands and respect them and we are proud of them? Answering me with things like "scum scab" or "spineless" is useless, so please don't try. Why is it so hard to understand these jobs were open and these educated experienced mechanics wanted them? These mechanics are not part of your group, they owe no loyalties to your group. Why do you expect them to turn these jobs down so you can refuse to work them? For your own pocket book? That makes no sense at all. Some of you have said things like "dragging down the profession" I am sorry but working for a fair wage and taking care of their families and doing a quality job is not letting anyone down except maybe your pocket books, but from everything I have read most of you didn't plan on returning anyway, and the damage some of you caused is tantamount to a nurse injuring a patient on purpose, UNFORGIVEABLE. So I guess I am really saying leave our families and our marriages alone. You want your job then fine go back to work, you don't think its good enough for you then keep walking your picket line, but give up the personal attacks and all the anger.

Its called AIDS Mrs OPUS.....Airline Induced Divorce Syndrome. I have witnessed it throughout the industry. Husband and wife are separated three or four days a week over a long period of time and one of them strays. As for a liveable wage I do not think you husband understands economics, sure he is making the bucks now, but when the 3rd party MTC market gets flooded with mechanics the wages will start to go down!! :down:

That is just incredibly sad, some wives (I don't know about yours) but some wives are faithful and believe in their marriages, I am opus's wife and I know a lot of contractors wives and we are all faithful to our husbands and love them very much. I don't understand the attacks on us or our families or our marriages or for that matter our husbands. Why is it so hard to believe we have normal families, just like you people? Why is it so hard to understand that we love our husbands and respect them and we are proud of them? Answering me with things like "scum scab" or "spineless" is useless, so please don't try. Why is it so hard to understand these jobs were open and these educated experienced mechanics wanted them? These mechanics are not part of your group, they owe no loyalties to your group. Why do you expect them to turn these jobs down so you can refuse to work them? For your own pocket book? That makes no sense at all. Some of you have said things like "dragging down the profession" I am sorry but working for a fair wage and taking care of their families and doing a quality job is not letting anyone down except maybe your pocket books, but from everything I have read most of you didn't plan on returning anyway, and the damage some of you caused is tantamount to a nurse injuring a patient on purpose, UNFORGIVEABLE. So I guess I am really saying leave our families and our marriages alone. You want your job then fine go back to work, you don't think its good enough for you then keep walking your picket line, but give up the personal attacks and all the anger.

Hey, Mrs. Opie;

This is a great piece of work!!! :rolleyes:

Maybe I’ll have my ‘Better-Half’ post something here as well!!!
(If I were a cowardly miscreant) :down:

Did you tell your children that ‘DAD’ is a ‘SCAB’? :oops:

Your inferences and deflection of personal responsibility speaks volumes on the influence of your offspring’s social education. Maybe you should question your ‘ScabHubby’ Opie as why he would refuse a reputable position with better pay and benefits at SWA and hold out for a “SCAB†position with a failing company now in BK.

Was this a wise decision?

NWA is in BK and you haven't seen #### yet!!!

I’ll get rid of my ‘anger’ when you and your ‘ScabHubby’ begin making sense.

Speaking of ‘contractors wives’…………… :blink:

So, what was that address again? :mf_boff:

:p

(At least you ran this one through a spell checker.)

Big E you are on Q as usual. Where is your family? I'll bet the grand kids are scared of you with your shifty eyes. You sure do spend a lot of time here for a family man. I don't think you have a wife and if you did you ran her off with your shifty eyes. I think you are a lonely man with nothing better to do but come to this board and insult people.

I think you are a lonely man with nothing better to do but come to this board.

PukeTO.....you have 920 posts here since sept. 1st....Now please explain again who the lonely person is who has nothing better to do than post on this forum?

Hey, Mrs. Opie;

This is a great piece of work!!! :rolleyes:

Maybe I’ll have my ‘Better-Half’ post something here as well!!!
(If I were a cowardly miscreant) :down:

My wife is entitled to her opinions and she is free to post when ever and where ever she chooses, I am sure your wife is treated as an intelligent independent woman and I would hope she would feel free to express her opinions.

Did you tell your children that ‘DAD’ is a ‘SCAB’? :oops:

Our kids know exactly what I am doing and we have discussed both sides of this strike as a family and they fully support my choice.

Your inferences and deflection of personal responsibility speaks volumes on the influence of your offspring’s social education. Maybe you should question your ‘ScabHubby’ Opie as why he would refuse a reputable position with better pay and benefits at SWA and hold out for a “SCAB†position with a failing company now in BK.

Once again we did NOT want to live in Dallas, it is that simple. Where we live is of extreme importance to us and as for our children they have had an excellent social education. As a family we have worked on soup lines serving and cleaning up we all have donated time to habitat for humanity and still do on a regular basis. One of our daughters is in nursing school with the intention of working in under represented rural communities in free or sliding scale clinics. Our kids "adopt" a family every Christmas. Yes our kids are socially educated.

Was this a wise decision?

yes we dont want to live in Texas, thank you for your concern, we prefer a cooler climate, I find it amazing that you are astounded that I turned the job down

NWA is in BK and you haven't seen #### yet!!!

I am sure the merger will be interesting but I dont see dtw going anywhere, now msp is another thing all together

I’ll get rid of my ‘anger’ when you and your ‘ScabHubby’ begin making sense.

I make perfect sense you just prefer to be a follower rather than make and live by your own decisions

Speaking of ‘contractors wives’…………… :blink:

yeah what about them? just leave the personal attacks on the wives alone, be a man.

So, what was that address again? :mf_boff:
:p

what does it matter your in minn. I am in Mi. whats your point
(At least you ran this one through a spell checker.)

oh right I forgot your the god of contractions!!!! I will not ask for your forgiveness for not using contractions you can just get over it.

Its called AIDS Mrs OPUS.....Airline Induced Divorce Syndrome. I have witnessed it throughout the industry. Husband and wife are separated three or four days a week over a long period of time and one of them strays. As for a liveable wage I do not think you husband understands economics, sure he is making the bucks now, but when the 3rd party MTC market gets flooded with mechanics the wages will start to go down!! :down:

Mr AP Tech, Thank you for your polite reply. I am familiar with the term AIDS as Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome, I have heard the guys joke about it and I have heard them refer to it in reference to particular individuals. You are very correct, a lot of people can not stand any separation and a lot of marriages cant take it and if that is what is best for them then they should certainly not contract unless they do so together. No job is worth your marriage, thank goodness my husband feels the same way. For us its always been family first. The economics of the situation; however I don't agree, you have to consider several factors. The original nwa mechanic staff was an aging group, a lot of them will leave aviation completely, which would be wise in my opinion (not because of skills but because of the downfall the industry is in) some will go into their own endeavors and quite a lot of the contract staff that was on the market has been taken in, there are numerous positions available for contractors right now and it is usually a dead time in contracting at this time of the year. So, you have a large portion of mechanics that are now on strike which will leave the industry and the contractors which are no longer contracting or which stay at the long term contracts like swissport and gearbuck all of this combined will actually leave a void in the contracting industry, which in turn will eventually drive wages back up. Aviation has always been cyclical this is no different. Your comment about "making the bucks right now" well, we are doing ok, but we always have. You can make very good money contracting if you know how. We were able to completely pay off our home and bills contracting and provide college educations for our kids (gosh that is a feat let me tell you) for us this job is about other things. My husband grew up with his family flying NWA he likes working for them and we like this area, its that simple. Thank you again for your congenial reply to my post.

There has been no problem with pay at all. It is the little things that crawl under a contractors skin. Like the new rule of no cell phones at the facility, most of these guys are thousands of miles from home and communication with their family is essential. Days off are another big issue. If a contractor wants such and such days off every week I suggest you give them to him I assure you there is a personal reason he wants those days off and if he doesn't get them he will quit. A few guys quit because they didn't like paying $35.00 to have their laundry done. These guys will not go crying to some union and be back at work the next day, they go get another contract or go home for a while. These are petty reasons to lose a mechanic over that you just spent thousands of dollars on.
tell me what page of your contract this is under? :lol:
hey emil...i think PTO needs some representaion.... :lol: :lol:

PTO & Opus,
I wouldn't try to reason with the real "scum" on here. They showed that they really didn't have a brain to begin with. Walking out on your family, because someone else told you it was good for the group, really shows how "spinless" they are. It takes a lot more guts to stand up for family first. NWA has almost finished hiring all the replacemens, there won't be any jobs for these guys to come back to. Big E will be on that picket line for a long time. They don't pay that much for unemployment do they? But then again judging from that picture he could afford to miss a few meals :lol: You'll do fine guys. Look at it this way, once your hired as a full time replacement and these guys that are out on the street come in and try and get your job, they will be classified as SCAB's also if they return and replace you. :lol: :lol:

PTO & Opus,
I wouldn't try to reason with the real "scum" on here. They showed that they really didn't have a brain to begin with. Walking out on your family, because someone else told you it was good for the group, really shows how "spinless" they are. It takes a lot more guts to stand up for family first. NWA has almost finished hiring all the replacemens, there won't be any jobs for these guys to come back to. Big E will be on that picket line for a long time. They don't pay that much for unemployment do they? But then again judging from that picture he could afford to miss a few meals :lol: You'll do fine guys. Look at it this way, once your hired as a full time replacement and these guys that are out on the street come in and try and get your job, they will be classified as SCAB's also if they return and replace you. :lol: :lol:

Do you walk out on your family to serve the military service in other countries because the government said it was good for the country?