Jack Knows Pto And Opus

I think I'm with you guys here but what does the FM clause have to do with this strike. Regardless of the language used in the clause how could it have affected this strike?

Absolutely Nothing!!!

Better Ask Dopie for clarification,
I did not bring it up but just stated the facts.
However, one could ponder as to the self justification of Dopie crossing over to the dark side.
You, I understand (as you have no morals) but Dopie is in a 'self justification' mode.
Of course I may be mistaken as his spouse may have posted for him, who knows?
A conversation on the ether is not always predictable.

Big E, I think morals are a geographical and environmental thing. There are still tribes and some cults that practice cannibalism and to them it is morally acceptable as to me, and hopefully you, it is a moral outrage. Now for a less extreme comparison you were probably raised in a strong union family and a strong union geographical area. I on the other hand was raised by a non-union family in a predominantly non-union geographical area. Where I come from you take care of your family and own self-interest because no one is going to do it for you. The few times I have encountered unions was for a very short duration and I can't say that they were pleasant at all. You on the other hand believe that unions are there for you and your co-workers, now that this strike is over who is going to look after all the guys that lost their jobs because of AMFA? Is AMFA going to give them jobs? Is AMFA going to pay out the millions lost in severance pay? Is AMFA going to pay the lost unemployment benefits? Even if I had worked for NWA and was a AMFA member I would have walked across that picket that picket line no questions asked. It was a very foolish strike. I could see that myself twelve hundred miles away with a few hours research. This strike should be a lesson to all not to let someone else decide your future for you. You guys can ridicule the AMFA members that crossed all you want but in my opinion they are the ones that took their futures in their own hands instead of allowing a self-righteous defunct union lead them to economic self-destruction. My morals lay in the fact that NWA hired me on and sent me to school for almost three months while all the while I thought I would never half to work for it. Then AMFA actually struck, instead of me taking my easy money and turning tail I performed the duties I was assigned to do. My family is in a much better position because of it and so is NWA. Who is the loser here? Certainly not AMFA those guys are set up for the rest of their lives. The real losers here are the members that AMFA led to absolutely nothing.

Big E, I think morals are a geographical and environmental thing. There are still tribes and some cults that practice cannibalism and to them it is morally acceptable as to me, and hopefully you, it is a moral outrage. Now for a less extreme comparison you were probably raised in a strong union family and a strong union geographical area. I on the other hand was raised by a non-union family in a predominantly non-union geographical area. Where I come from you take care of your family and own self-interest because no one is going to do it for you. The few times I have encountered unions was for a very short duration and I can't say that they were pleasant at all. You on the other hand believe that unions are there for you and your co-workers, now that this strike is over who is going to look after all the guys that lost their jobs because of AMFA? Is AMFA going to give them jobs? Is AMFA going to pay out the millions lost in severance pay? Is AMFA going to pay the lost unemployment benefits? Even if I had worked for NWA and was a AMFA member I would have walked across that picket that picket line no questions asked. It was a very foolish strike. I could see that myself twelve hundred miles away with a few hours research. This strike should be a lesson to all not to let someone else decide your future for you. You guys can ridicule the AMFA members that crossed all you want but in my opinion they are the ones that took their futures in their own hands instead of allowing a self-righteous defunct union lead them to economic self-destruction. My morals lay in the fact that NWA hired me on and sent me to school for almost three months while all the while I thought I would never half to work for it. Then AMFA actually struck, instead of me taking my easy money and turning tail I performed the duties I was assigned to do. My family is in a much better position because of it and so is NWA. Who is the loser here? Certainly not AMFA those guys are set up for the rest of their lives. The real losers here are the members that AMFA led to absolutely nothing.

EXCELLENT POST PTO, very well said

Thank you Opus compliments here are non-existent, it is nice to see there are decent people still in the aviation industry. These guys here either bash you or say nothing at all. I think the truth of the matter is finally sinking in for the hard-core die-hard union folk here, they are awful quiet (knock on wood) This strike is a major blow to every union out there and they know it. Where do they go from here? I am certain that if anyone of them even whispers the word strike they will be looking over their shoulder to see if I am there. They have good reason, because I will be.

Thank you Opus compliments here are non-existent, it is nice to see there are decent people still in the aviation industry. These guys here either bash you or say nothing at all. I think the truth of the matter is finally sinking in for the hard-core die-hard union folk here, they are awful quiet (knock on wood) This strike is a major blow to every union out there and they know it. Where do they go from here? I am certain that if anyone of them even whispers the word strike they will be looking over their shoulder to see if I am there. They have good reason, because I will be.

True true, but maybe the unions are realizing there are alot of unemployed or under employed out there in the world and maybe they will look around and take true stock of their situation and just maybe they will realize that sometimes the propaganda that some of the unions spew is just that propaganda and doesnt reflect the current economic conditions of either the country or their own personal situation. Maybe people will start making choices for themselves and that can only be a positive.

Being on both sides of the fence, union and non union, I think that you may eventually find out that the unions are necessary. Been at companys where the union was voted out while the whole time managment promising that nothing will change if the union leaves the property. One month later with no union...bend over!! I just look at the non union managment side of my company, advancement has very little to do with how good you do your job, its who you know!! How would you like to be 50+ looking forward to a pension and bang....next day they take it away!! Unions do protect some undesirables and they care more for the almighty $$$ than the membership, but the bottom line is you need the protection especially in today society. While sitting in you hotel room waiting for you shift to start, go out and rent the old classic....Grapes of Wrath...you may learn something. Old fashioned enonomics 101 which really is not that old!!!