January 9th, 2013 - Anyone know the significance of this date for AA?

Its a BOD meeting where the board will possibly vote on the merger.

Its a BOD meeting where the board will possibly vote on the merger.

It will be a lotto jackpot for the USAir employees and a another screwing for the rest of us at AA.

BTW: Does anyone know the details of this deal that our union LEADERS approve so much? We are the ones that will be affected the most and know nothing about how we will be screwed over.

Reactions: 2 people
The APFA is pushing for this merger, strange they didn't ask the members our opinion. Will be funny if the merger does happen and they are voted out of existence. I'll take AFA anyday.

The APFA is pushing for this merger, strange they didn't ask the members our opinion. Will be funny if the merger does happen and they are voted out of existence. I'll take AFA anyday.

Reactions: 1 person
It will be a lotto jackpot for the USAir employees and a another screwing for the rest of us at AA.

BTW: Does anyone know the details of this deal that our union LEADERS approve so much? We are the ones that will be affected the most and know nothing about how we will be screwed over.

Wait, are you saying the job of the union leaders is to represent membership and allow them to decide their fate? What a novel concept......membership votes on a contract, but can't vote on an agreement that will have the same if not more of an effect on their careers?

This time around if you get screwed it won't be management you will have to blame, but your crappy union leadership, especially true for the pilots.

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

I know you already know 1AA, however, if you guys were AMFA, not only would you guys be informed and already know, you and all members would have had some say so in the negos as well. I have a very strong feeling that (if not already) this will be the nail in the coffen for the TWU at AA. During our complete senoirity negos we as members were involved 100%. The members (majority) spoke up and was heard by our nego committee. Our nego cmte held strong to what the membership wanted and prevailed in the end. I really hope you guys are AMFA prior to any senoirity negos. If you guys are still with the TWU then I feel sorry for you guys. You will not be informed of what's going on. You will not be able to participate. And as you already know your wonderfull union has already agreed to some kind of deal that none of the members know anything about. Now that's representation...

Wait, are you saying the job of the union leaders is to represent membership and allow them to decide their fate? What a novel concept......membership votes on a contract, but can't vote on an agreement that will have the same if not more of an effect on their careers?

This time around if you get screwed it won't be management you will have to blame, but your crappy union leadership, especially true for the pilots.

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

Surprise, surprise. My union has been screwing me and my fellow members for years. Nothing new here. Many employees at AA such as yourself that are not familiar with the TWU are surprised at how the TWU operates. Not to us but now you know. This is why we are trying to get rid of them.

AMFA submits enough authorization cards to call for a representational election for the AMTs?

I will wait for the official announcement. Been through this before.
Hope your correct but time will tell. Lets not spread unverified rumors until it is official.

AMFA submits enough authorization cards to call for a representational election for the AMTs?

I like the way you are thinking. Let's all hope so anyway. Hope it is done by the end of first quarter 13.