Jb Capt. Fired

Pretty good stuff here!

All this talk about a termination, a few replies, and nothing mentioned as to what the cause of termination allegedly was!

Is this the TOP SECRET secton of this forum?

Hopeful:

The secret is there is no secret at all. JBU320 has some motive for his posting. I can't think what it is, maybe he will tell us.

The company is very proactive about employment issues. They just don't terminate someone without a very good reason to do so.

Bluetoad is right on. My number is the same. If 320 IS an original pilot, he would have to have a seniority number in the top 100. That means everyone junior to 320 would have moved up a number, which is not the case. Further, this being still a "small" pilot group by comparison, news of this termination, especially if done for no reason, would have spread like wildfire.

Boomer

CaptianBoomer said:
Hopeful:

The secret is there is no secret at all. JBU320 has some motive for his posting. I can't think what it is, maybe he will tell us.

The company is very proactive about employment issues. They just don't terminate someone without a very good reason to do so.

Bluetoad is right on. My number is the same. If 320 IS an original pilot, he would have to have a seniority number in the top 100. That means everyone junior to 320 would have moved up a number, which is not the case. Further, this being still a "small" pilot group by comparison, news of this termination, especially if done for no reason, would have spread like wildfire.

Boomer
[post="286212"][/post]​

I agree. Someone is BSing here.
You are right, ONE termination of ANY employee spreads like mad.

CaptianBoomer said:
Hopeful:

However, from what I understand, he would have already been terminated if he worked anywhere else.

Boomer
[post="286212"][/post]​

Boomer,

What are you trying to say? Was the guy fired or not?

Bottom Feeder:

IMHO........NO

Reread my previous post. I haven't moved up a number. Neither has anyone else. If 320 was an original "firstborn" as he claims, this would have spread like wildfire.

However, do I know everything that goes on in the chief pilots office? NO. Therefore if there was a termination, it would have been quashed very effectively. I don't see that happening at a company that prides itself on good communication.

Boomer

CaptianBoomer said:
Bottom Feeder:

IMHO........NO

Reread my previous post.  I haven't moved up a number.  Neither has anyone else.  If 320 was an original "firstborn" as he claims, this would have spread like wildfire.

However, do I know everything that goes on in the chief pilots office?  NO.  Therefore if there was a termination, it would have been quashed very effectively.  I don't see that happening at a company that prides itself on good communication.

Boomer
[post="286387"][/post]​

Did #12 disappear?

#12 had his 60th birthday, but is still very much employed by the company. Sorry, no scandal there!

CaptianBoomer said:
he would have already been terminated if he worked anywhere else. 
[post="285615"][/post]​

That says a lot. So in other words are you are saying the guy was such a poor pilot that even if he was at a unionized carrier he would have been let go sooner?

Seems like you are saying that JetBlue holds onto inferior pilots.

I can understand why he might not post the details if he is planning on sueing the company.

Bob:

First a clarification......there are good pilots and bad pilots. Every airline has pilots they wished they didn't.

JB has it's share of people who do it their way and on their terms, or pilots who have the personality of a 2 by 4. It is called the 5% rule. Every airline subscribes to this theory whether it likes it or not. Usually, 5%er pilots are given a talking to by professional standards or by the Chief pilot. If a pilot has a performance issue, it is generally handled by giving a training session or two.

JB has had some "issues" with pilots that if they were flying for another airline, they would have been terminated. At that point the union gets involved and usually unless the offense is very agregious, they are rehired after a lengthy, expensive process. Since we don't have a union at JB, obviously if you terminate an employee there will be legal action unless the termination is a result of FAA enforcement action where the company has no choice. So JB makes every effort to keep employees in the cone of acceptability rather than just getting rid of ones that push the envelope.

JB320 claims he was fired for violating company rules. I for one would love to know what rule he broke in order to get the axe.

Boomer

CaptianBoomer said:
Bob:

First a clarification......there are good pilots and bad pilots. Every airline has pilots they wished they didn't.

JB has it's share of people who do it their way and on their terms, or pilots who have the personality of a 2 by 4. It is called the 5% rule. Every airline subscribes to this theory whether it likes it or not. Usually, 5%er pilots are given a talking to by professional standards or by the Chief pilot. If a pilot has a performance issue, it is generally handled by giving a training session or two.

JB has had some "issues" with pilots that if they were flying for another airline, they would have been terminated. At that point the union gets involved and usually unless the offense is very agregious, they are rehired after a lengthy, expensive process. Since we don't have a union at JB, obviously if you terminate an employee there will be legal action unless the termination is a result of FAA enforcement action where the company has no choice. So JB makes every effort to keep employees in the cone of acceptability rather than just getting rid of ones that push the envelope.

JB320 claims he was fired for violating company rules. I for one would love to know what rule he broke in order to get the axe.

Boomer
[post="287025"][/post]​

Well that shoots the hell out of those who argue that unions only help bad workers at the expense of better workers. As you admit "Every airline has pilots they wished they didn't. " The words 'company' and 'workers' could easily replace 'airline' and 'pilots'.

I can explain how the termination went unnoticed and no one moved up a number.

I assumed JB320's identity and seniority number.

Neeleman paid for the plastic surgery from his personal checking account.

It was inevitable because I am in NYC and a Busdriver.

Now that you know, I have to kill you.