JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to delete post, I gave too much info about BAD CCs, I didn't want to paint a broad brush over all CCs.

I will say a few bad CCs DO screw over people they don't like, also some CC will screw over guys on CS or OT. I also think the supervisors we have, don't have the experience to assign work load.

This is another post from the LAA side I do not understand. So any info you can provide......

How does a Lead screw over a Mechanic working a swap or on overtime just because they don't like each other?

This is another post from the LAA side I do not understand. So any info you can provide......

How does a Lead screw over a Mechanic working a swap or on overtime just because they don't like each other?
Undesirable job assignment. That's how. Then word gets out and guys won't CS on that shift or crew because of that CC who is an A$$.

Trying to read along and learn, so I don't understand this post. ^^^^

So do mean that none of these thing happen as per your contract? Or was it just sarcasm?

Your CC's don't help? Your management can't assign? And a CC is on the same Overtime List as the Mechanic he or she assigns?

Also from some previous posts, is it true that your (AA) shift swap policy differs from station to station? And also in the same station, that policy might differ between, say, overhaul and line?
Yep, pretty much sums it up.

Trying to read along and learn, so I don't understand this post. ^^^^

So do mean that none of these thing happen as per your contract? Or was it just sarcasm?

Your CC's don't help? Your management can't assign? And a CC is on the same Overtime List as the Mechanic he or she assigns?

Also from some previous posts, is it true that your (AA) shift swap policy differs from station to station? And also in the same station, that policy might differ between, say, overhaul and line?

We really don't have anything in our contract any longer, we gave all that up to save MCI, AFW, and TULE.

Basically an AA CC does clerical work, answers phones, manages the crew, but doesn't do AC maint, most CCs took their tools home years ago, we do have a few CCs who do help, but they are kind of bogged down by their clerical work. (not CCs fault, it's the system we have)

CC hands job assignment out and then he's done with that job, everything else is left up to that mech, a tech CC will help if asked by mech or told to get involved by supv.

If a supv assigns a mech(rarely happens), the CC gets more then upset.

CC is on same OT list as mechs, but if a job is assigned to him on OT by another CC, lets just say it'll be less then tough.

Each station has it's own CS policy, setup by the local union guys and local management. It can be adjusted or taken away at managements discretion. Not sure how TUL operates CS policy.

Have fun with changing "boxes", there is a lot more to it than that.

Get familiar with the ASAP program.

Get over yourselves, I've worked both general and avionics at a class 1. General mechs can certainly figure out effectivitys . I do agree we are expected to be proficient on too many types of fleets. On today's planes avi work is mixed in with every system. If we would be responsible to 2 different fleet types that would be good.

Instead of having general and avionics, we should go to fleet types. But of course I doubt that will ever happen, I doubt our managers could operate that kind of operation.

If you need something to read, go to TWU 514 Local web page and look through the comments from the last Association communique.

We really don't have anything in our contract any longer, we gave all that up to save MCI, AFW, and TULE.

Basically an AA CC does clerical work, answers phones, manages the crew, but doesn't do AC maint, most CCs took their tools home years ago, we do have a few CCs who do help, but they are kind of bogged down by their clerical work. (not CCs fault, it's the system we have)

CC hands job assignment out and then he's done with that job, everything else is left up to that mech, a tech CC will help if asked by mech or told to get involved by supv.

CC is on same OT list as mechs, but if a job is assigned to him on OT by another CC, lets just say it'll be less then tough.

Each station has it's own CS policy, setup by the local union guys and local management. It can be adjusted or taken away at managements discretion. Not sure how TUL operates CS policy.

Thanks for the good explanation. Wow. I never could have guessed. Like I said before, there's a lot of differences here between our groups, and depending on which way this thing goes, there's going to be a whole lot of upset people.

Our managers or foremen can assign the work and act as a Lead if the Lead is sick or late and nobody wants to take the upgrade.

The Lead assigns the work and is basically a go between from me and management. In other words, if there is a problem, the manager tells the Lead who tells me. At least that's the way it's supposed to work.

Most of our Leads are directly involved, ie. "working Lead". On the line, they usually are out on every heavy call. No coffee makes or reading lights, but usually right there on the tire or brake or under the cowl. In Overhaul, they usually help the person or the team with the heavy stuff. Look up, and get parts and tools and try to keep most of the paperwork in order. The Mechanic is responsible for his own paperwork like logbook entry, but if you're overloaded, the Lead will help. Like the Mechanic, the Lead has a basic minimum tool list he must maintain. I think that's still in the contract, but I'm not sure.

Our Leads are on their own OT list and shift swap with each other, and a Lead could downgrade to a Mechanic for overtime. But that doesn't happen too much any more. The Leads pick their vacation on a master list done by the company hire date of everyone in the department.

Our shift swap policy is contractual and the same everywhere in all departments. Miss a swap..... lose your swap privileges.

CC is on the same list except easy hours. Those are not recorded. At least that has been my experience.

Thanks for the good explanation. Wow. I never could have guessed. Like I said before, there's a lot of differences here between our groups, and depending on which way this thing goes, there's going to be a whole lot of upset people.

Our managers or foremen can assign the work and act as a Lead if the Lead is sick or late and nobody wants to take the upgrade.

The Lead assigns the work and is basically a go between from me and management. In other words, if there is a problem, the manager tells the Lead who tells me. At least that's the way it's supposed to work.

Most of our Leads are directly involved, ie. "working Lead". On the line, they usually are out on every heavy call. No coffee makes or reading lights, but usually right there on the tire or brake or under the cowl. In Overhaul, they usually help the person or the team with the heavy stuff. Look up, and get parts and tools and try to keep most of the paperwork in order. The Mechanic is responsible for his own paperwork like logbook entry, but if you're overloaded, the Lead will help. Like the Mechanic, the Lead has a basic minimum tool list he must maintain. I think that's still in the contract, but I'm not sure.

Our Leads are on their own OT list and shift swap with each other, and a Lead could downgrade to a Mechanic for overtime. But that doesn't happen too much any more. The Leads pick their vacation on a master list done by the company hire date of everyone in the department.

Our shift swap policy is contractual and the same everywhere in all departments. Miss a swap..... lose your swap privileges.

That is exactly how we did it at NWA. That is what a "Lead Mechanic" should be. That is what I was for a long time.

Thanks for that Real Tired.

Does any know when the arbitrator is going to drop his bomb? Both unions will then blame the arbitrator and get themselves off the hook. If and I say if we get a contract in 2017 with more holidays, will the company make us wait until 2018 to take them? They took them right away will they give back as fast. Will the union ask for the United buyout 5,000.00 a year max of 20 years? Not looking for any real negotiations to happen until late January or February. I hope everyone and their families has a safe and warm Merry Christmas
What "bomb" ? In my opinion you are about 24 months ahead of yourself expecting any more movement on this contract. Our amendable date is September 2018 so why should the company give us any more than they have already? They got what they wanted when they were so generous with the raise. Look at SWA and United bargaining years past their amendable dates. Why does anyone think our "leaders" are going to do something they don't have to do when there is absolutely nothing in it for them? Everybody just keep going to work and bitching and boycotting the free lunches and asking the same old questions at the town halls. It ain't working........Settle in boys.....

Line Leads and Line AMT's were allowed to swap on a CS at LAA because they had the same basic Quals and were on the same OT List; if you change the OT Lists you will limit the opportunity to swap shifts due to Quals.

Keeping leads and amts' on the same list allowed many LAA leads and amts' to cover family commitments during periods when the the airlines were going through downturns, bankruptcies and consolidations.

I know because I had to swap shifts with Leads and as a Lead during my 24 year career at LAA.

What "bomb" ? In my opinion you are about 24 months ahead of yourself expecting any more movement on this contract. Our amendable date is September 2018 so why should the company give us any more than they have already? They got what they wanted when they were so generous with the raise. Look at SWA and United bargaining years past their amendable dates. Why does anyone think our "leaders" are going to do something they don't have to do when there is absolutely nothing in it for them? Everybody just keep going to work and bitching and boycotting the free lunches and asking the same old questions at the town halls. It ain't working........Settle in boys.....

That's what is funny with this management team. They have never seen us work when our morale was better. Point is, the level of production we are at now has become the new norm.

its the new norm Vortilon. you put the same effort into it that they put into it. not sure what station you are but in DFW management is so out of touch and over their head its amazing it still functions.

That's what is funny with this management team. They have never seen us work when our morale was better. Point is, the level of production we are at now has become the new norm.

It's a shame what the culture has turned into amongst the mechs. 9 years of being taken advantage of by the LAA executives. Along with the type of union representation we have received coupled with the new executive team excluding the mechs and ramp in an across the board 4% raise.

Watching the FAs get another raise because UAL was taking too long to negotiate a contract. All the while AA is dragging their feet on our contract. On top of all of this, there is no accountability.

It's a shame what the culture has turned into amongst the mechs. 9 years of being taken advantage of by the LAA executives. Along with the type of union representation we have received coupled with the new executive team excluding the mechs and ramp in an across the board 4% raise.

Watching the FAs get another raise because UAL was taking too long to negotiate a contract. All the while AA is dragging their feet on our contract. On top of all of this, there is no accountability.
Remember we have a contract. Both unions have a contract. A JCBA is a convenience for the company. UAL went 5 years past amendable date and finally has a T/A. Delta AMT'S just got another raise, Alaska just got a T/A. SWA is still negotiating. Won't surprise me if they get a T/A soon and before us. Got to love the Association. Another I Got Mine in the Airline industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.