JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember we have a contract. Both unions have a contract. A JCBA is a convenience for the company. UAL went 5 years past amendable date and finally has a T/A. Delta AMT'S just got another raise, Alaska just got a T/A. SWA is still negotiating. Won't surprise me if they get a T/A soon and before us. Got to love the Association. Another I Got Mine in the Airline industry.
Didn't you hear? This is one of the benefits of having an ASSociation which we did NOT have a chance to vote on.

Contract rumor :

Delta is going to give their mechs 2% raise above UAL. Let's see what the association can do with that.

Hopefully Doug keeps his word with 3% above whoever is making more.

Reactions: Shafted
Contract rumor :

Delta is going to give their mechs 2% raise above UAL. Let's see what the association can do with that.

Doug did Delta+3 already... Is the concensus he'll do it again?

I spoke with a few TWU members yesterday and they seem satisfied with the IAM layoff procedures on your seniority takes it anywhere in the system. They say the biggest problem is Tech Crew chief, Crew chief, leads and Inspectors. I understand that a mediator is suppose to decide on that issue. They also expressed the reason why the guys in BOS and LGA don't get along is that the IAM receives 5 more holidays in their contract. I would have to say that both unions need to push for the same amount 10. I would like to say that theIAM should not agree to give up anything that they earned through previous contracts. I would like to say that Inspectors should receive more money than leads or Tech crew chiefs, Crew chiefs for they perform borescope and NDT work. Just my opinion!

I spoke with a few TWU members yesterday and they seem satisfied with the IAM layoff procedures on your seniority takes it anywhere in the system. They say the biggest problem is Tech Crew chief, Crew chief, leads and Inspectors. I understand that a mediator is suppose to decide on that issue. They also expressed the reason why the guys in BOS and LGA don't get along is that the IAM receives 5 more holidays in their contract. I would have to say that both unions need to push for the same amount 10. I would like to say that theIAM should not agree to give up anything that they earned through previous contracts. I would like to say that Inspectors should receive more money than leads or Tech crew chiefs, Crew chiefs for they perform borescope and NDT work. Just my opinion!
AA has used the lousy RIF language via the TWU to lay off AMTs with higher seniority and force them to bump the lowest in the system usually in LGA, JFK, ORD and LAX. This allows AA to keep low seniority AMTs while senior ones hit the street since they can't afford the move. Obviously the IAM way allows us to use our seniority so that is the better way for us.

Reactions: bigjets
Get this, one of the new supervisors came into breakroom and said, the employees are the most important asset of AA.

Either AAs culture is changing, or this supv won't be with AA for too much longer.

Why not open the discussion withing this forum to expand the number of mechanics per aircraft, however, other than Date of Hire - Dovetailing, consider all of the possibilities of things such as TWU Title group population and total headcount and the IAM parameters of internal union positions.

Contract rumor :

Huh? Delta will be well above both AA and UAL with the 4-1-17 raise. My math has them going to $48.61, ( Base +license).

Why not open the discussion withing this forum to expand the number of mechanics per aircraft, however, other than Date of Hire - Dovetailing, consider all of the possibilities of things such as TWU Title group population and total headcount and the IAM parameters of internal union positions.

This went over my head.

I really do not understand TWU Title groups, and what did you mean by IAM internal union positions?

Positions within the union itself, like shop steward, or the way we handle seniority for the union members?

This went over my head.

I really do not understand TWU Title groups, and what did you mean by IAM internal union positions?

Positions within the union itself, like shop steward, or the way we handle seniority for the union members?
In reverse, Isn't true that the IAM includes all maintenance personnel under one seniority list? example: someone not working on the aircraft or engines or it's components carries the same strength in a reduction in force? Automotive, Facilities Maintenance etc.. The Aircraft Mechanic is in a Title Group 1, Facilities is No. 2 etc..

I hope you realize that you will get no CBA with the new administration coming in.

I will not go further here as this is water cooler talk.

The one thing that is good is that under the new FAA privatization bill (at least the last version) included drug and alcohol testing for foreign repair stations.

I suggest you all get educated...now. Call your congress critter. Bill Shuster is the chair of the transportation committee in the house. Call now and call often.

I hope you realize that you will get no CBA with the new administration coming in.

I will not go further here as this is water cooler talk.

The one thing that is good is that under the new FAA privatization bill (at least the last version) included drug and alcohol testing for foreign repair stations.

I suggest you all get educated...now. Call your congress critter. Bill Shuster is the chair of the transportation committee in the house. Call now and call often.

You opened the door, why not expand from a contractual point of view?

In reverse, Isn't true that the IAM includes all maintenance personnel under one seniority list? example: someone not working on the aircraft or engines or it's components carries the same strength in a reduction in force? Automotive, Facilities Maintenance etc.. The Aircraft Mechanic is in a Title Group 1, Facilities is No. 2 etc..

That's a good question for real tired, at LUS, for example if they do a RIF at PIT, can an aircraft mech bump into auto shop to stay in PIT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts