JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, now, lets give credit where credit is due. This was a victory fought and won by all three unions and others. Lets not pat the TWU on the back too hard W!

http://docket_pdfs.gcg.net/aam/11-15463/12825_15463.pdf
Let's see if we get any of it. They took 14.5% of what we were supposed to get from us and we are still waiting to get that. I expect the TWU to steal some of this from us too. They got away with it before so why not try it again? Not like we can stop them.

Let's see if we get any of it. They took 14.5% of what we were supposed to get from us and we are still waiting to get that. I expect the TWU to steal some of this from us too. They got away with it before so why not try it again? Not like we can stop them.

They did not take a dime of what's being held in trust yet. That amount is at around 80 Million right now. What they will take will be the cost in defending the suit (Winning it for us) the roadshows cost (Not much at all) and whatever the institution charged to manage and invest the money's held (for us)

1% of 80 Million is $800,000. All those costs aren't going to come anywhere near even 1 whole percent. Not at all.

And they will have won the case by defending it FOR US.

Just like they won this case FOR US now.

With the combined list for title one is it safe to say usair only has about 2300 a/c mechanics. There was a usair seniority list for 2013 that show 3559 total mechanics but that was to include auto shop gse etc.

Do you have a copy of that list or a link to it, that I could see? I'm having a little trouble with those numbers. I know there should be more than 2300, also I know it's less than 3559.

Also the new list also has Auto shop people in it. I think at this time, everyone in PIT, in both Plant Maintenance and Auto shop have their tickets. So they would be included in the new list.

OlldGuy you must be wrong? If you are correct wouldn't the membership especially at TULE stand up United and do something about it?

With the combined list for title one is it safe to say usair only has about 2300 a/c mechanics. There was a usair seniority list for 2013 that show 3559 total mechanics but that was to include auto shop gse etc.

Do you have a copy of that list or a link to it, that I could see? I'm having a little trouble with those numbers. I know there should be more than 2300, also I know it's less than 3559.

Also the new list also has Auto shop people in it. I think at this time, everyone in PIT, in both Plant Maintenance and Auto shop have their tickets. So they would be included in the new list.

If I remember correctly, a long time ago when we all started the talks about the merger, someone asked that very same question and someone responded with around 2400 mechanics at US. It stood out to me because it made me think; Hmmm, we (SWA) have more mechanics than US Air, and I kinda found that odd. I thought we were the lowest headcount out of all the airlines except for ALK.

If I remember correctly, a long time ago when we all started the talks about the merger, someone asked that very same question and someone responded with around 2400 mechanics at US. It stood out to me because it made me think; Hmmm, we (SWA) have more mechanics than US Air, and I kinda found that odd. I thought we were the lowest headcount out of all the airlines except for ALK.

Isn't ALK considered to be a regional carrier?

Even when SWA continued to grow, it seems the three majors basically would not count them for negotiations because they were not an international carrier? Even within their overhaul group,now with the, at least for now, the door to Cuba open, SWA has breached that wall.

They did not take a dime of what's being held in trust yet. That amount is at around 80 Million right now. What they will take will be the cost in defending the suit (Winning it for us) the roadshows cost (Not much at all) and whatever the institution charged to manage and invest the money's held (for us)

1% of 80 Million is $800,000. All those costs aren't going to come anywhere near even 1 whole percent. Not at all.

And they will have won the case by defending it FOR US.

Just like they won this case FOR US now.
We'll see how it shakes out but there are lots of questions....If and when they pay out is it going to be based on what they took from us or will it be evenly distributed? But can't help but remember the TWU putting in print "It is your stock and belongs to you not the TWU." Then they kept a chunk of it.

Last edited:
We'll see how it shakes out but there are lots of questions....If and when they pay out is it going to be based on what they took from us or will it be evenly distributed? But can't help but remember the TWU putting in print "It is your stock and belongs to you not the TWU." Then they kept a chunk of it.
The stocks were never given on the idea of past sacrifices, but on the sacrifices yet to be made in the future. That is how the early out gang based their whole case-in part on, that and political maneuvering. Yes I do hope they distribute it equally.

Last edited:
Integrating seniority lists is the most important issue that affects our membership in an airline merger. The TWU-IAM Association and Neutral Javits have undertaken this seniority integration process with great care and deliberation so that all Association members at American Airlines are treated fairly and equitably.

All Association members will have until February 10, 2017 to protest in writing his or her placement on the initial integrated seniority lists in accordance with the process and requirements set forth in the accompanying communication from Neutral Javits. All protests must be received on or before February 10th. Final integrated seniority lists will be issued after all protests are considered.

Reactions: Docker
Isn't ALK considered to be a regional carrier?

Even when SWA continued to grow, it seems the three majors basically would not count them for negotiations because they were not an international carrier? Even within their overhaul group,now with the, at least for now, the door to Cuba open, SWA has breached that wall.

I believe they are considered a regional carrier, but not sure if that will remain after their merger is complete with Virgin. I do know AA and UAL will not use SWA as a comparo for negotiations or pay. But ALK does. All airlines including UPS and FedEx should be used as we all do the same work and it was proven by our dispatchers in mediation. The mediators don't care if they haul packages it's all the same work and responsibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.