JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
700UW said:
They met the first time in December of 2015 and have TAed 18 Articles.
That first meet did nothing. They wished everyone happy holidays and said see you next year. Negotiations did not really start until January 2016. A far cry from what the association promised. They said 30 days after the association gets certified by the NMB. More like 8 months later. 18 articles? No where near where we should have been if the association started when they should have.

Reactions: 1 person
The public didn't care with PATCO, CO, EA, AA, TW, NW and US when they all struck.

1AA said:
That first meet did nothing. They wished everyone happy holidays and said see you next year. Negotiations did not really start until January 2016. A far cry from what the association promised. They said 30 days after the association gets certified by the NMB. More like 8 months later. 18 articles? No where near where we should have been if the association started when they should have.
Thx. I will mark it as such. Yea, I remember when AA made the promise along with the unions to start nego's within 30 days. 

700UW said:
Do you really think the flying public cares?

They don't and have shown that over and over.

They just want cheap fares.

This is an interesting angle. Ok, so we have no leverage for getting negotiations done any faster than the company, and/or, apparently our union wishes to, got it.
I'll remember that next time you say "union is the way to go", because we have more leverage.

700UW said:
They met the first time in December of 2015 and have TAed 18 Articles.

December 3rd to be exact (that date was announced in October btw).

Just a little history lesson, it took less than 2 months to do a complete re-write on ALL 3 unionized groups at AA in early 2003.
They negotiated 7 days a week.
So history shows us, this could have been done already if they really, really wanted it to be.

700UW said:
The public didn't care with PATCO, CO, EA, AA, TW, NW and US when they all struck.

Another little history lesson. 
Please don't include PATCO in your pro union rants.
The PATCO strike was an ILLEGAL strike. They all took oaths at hiring to never strike, period.

Reactions: 5 people
It doesn't matter if it was legal or not, organized labor turned their backs on them.

It wasn't legal when all the union's walks out in the late 60s or early 70s when it happened but all the unions supported each other.

With thought processes like that I bet you would cross a picket line.

Reactions: 1 person
swamt said:
The general public would care if they knew how it all works. It's time to educate the general public how it works. 90-95% of all flights are actually flown by "Auto-Pilot" which is directly related to quality maintenance being performed on the ground by aircraft mechanics. God knows that most all Pilots will not take an aircraft with the "Auto-Pilot" inop.  Not to take anything from the Pilots, but the mechanics on the ground have just as much responsibility during flights as do the Pilots during take offs and landings. But I do understand what you meant by the cheap fare statement.
Your airline outsources more maintenance than anyone, 60% of your maintenance is done by vendors, they do more work than WN's own mechanics.

700UW said:
It doesn't matter if it was legal or not, organized labor turned their backs on them.

It wasn't legal when all the union's walks out in the late 60s or early 70s when it happened but all the unions supported each other.

Nope, I wouldn't cross a picket line.
I ALSO would not support or participate in an illegal wildcat strike.

To try and put the PATCO action in with other legal union actions, just doesn't work with me , not now ,not ever, no matter how many times you try to make it a moral equivalence. 

Reactions: 4 people
swamt said:
The general public would care if they knew how it all works. It's time to educate the general public how it works. 90-95% of all flights are actually flown by "Auto-Pilot" which is directly related to quality maintenance being performed on the ground by aircraft mechanics. God knows that most all Pilots will not take an aircraft with the "Auto-Pilot" inop.  Not to take anything from the Pilots, but the mechanics on the ground have just as much responsibility during flights as do the Pilots during take offs and landings. But I do understand what you meant by the cheap fare statement.
plus our responsibility continues on the next leg when the original crew is at the crew hotel

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:

Turned their backs on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds a lot like the iam and the other industrial unions at Northworst. Especially the ones that were scabs that did AMFA work.

Reactions: 3 people
1AA said:
Looks like another thread is drifting away.
Back to Negotiations, is it true that the TWU mechs want to keep rotating shifts where they are currently doing them? I think alot has been accomplished, don't forget the delay caused by someone filling a lawsuit on whether the Association was allowable. That was the biggest waste of time. I understand there is still controversy on how the classification senority is going to be handled. Mechanic time - TWU or keeping and maintaining classification time.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts