JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some would call it a waste of time.
Others would call it due diligence and trying to make the unions accountable to the membership with an actual membership vote on representation.

Whoever is at the table in negotiations would have a far stronger hand to play if they had a full membership vote behind their representation.

As to the shift rotation, where do they still do that? AFW is no more.

Reactions: 2 people
Heard rumbling from the union that the company wants to get rid of rotating days off because it's too much work for the administration people at the stations that have it. I don't know how many stations rotate. Possibly USAIR people never had it. I'm sure the company wants to make it contractual. I also heard but unconfirmed that they also do not like the rotating vacation picks. 4-10's is something the company does not favor but it's still around in many stations. It seems that negotiations is a long way from being completed. Since the latest talk on these issues the company wants to make them contractual so proposals have to be written and exchanged. More time needed. Seems the company wants everything contractual with no wiggle room for station differences. One size fits all is the companys goal. Maybe in a perfect world. In the meantime oil prices are rising and profits still rolling in.

1AA said:
Heard rumbling from the union that the company wants to get rid of rotating days off because it's too much work for the administration people at the stations that have it. I don't know how many stations rotate. Possibly USAIR people never had it. I'm sure the company wants to make it contractual. I also heard but unconfirmed that they also do not like the rotating vacation picks. 4-10's is something the company does not favor but it's still around in many stations. It seems that negotiations is a long way from being completed. Since the latest talk on these issues the company wants to make them contractual so proposals have to be written and exchanged. More time needed. Seems the company wants everything contractual with no wiggle room for station differences. One size fits all is the companys goal. Maybe in a perfect world. In the meantime oil prices are rising and profits still rolling in.
it would be nice if true that the union posted that so every one knows

Reactions: 1 person
Traymark said:
Some would call it a waste of time.
Others would call it due diligence and trying to make the unions accountable to the membership with an actual membership vote on representation.

Whoever is at the table in negotiations would have a far stronger hand to play if they had a full membership vote behind their representation.

As to the shift rotation, where do they still do that? AFW is no more.
when?

1AA said:
For shift rotations, vacation rotation and whether or not there are 4/10 shifts, should the maintenance bases be held to a different standard that does not interfere with the mechanics at the Line stations? 

Docker said:
Back to Negotiations, is it true that the TWU mechs want to keep rotating shifts where they are currently doing them? I think alot has been accomplished, don't forget the delay caused by someone filling a lawsuit on whether the Association was allowable. That was the biggest waste of time. I understand there is still controversy on how the classification senority is going to be handled. Mechanic time - TWU or keeping and maintaining classification time.

See what happens if they try push the IAMPF on the LAA guys, the local that filed was only doing its job.
I have not not talked to a single AMT in Tulsa that wants the ASS or the IAMPF. We bid our shifts every 
3 months BTW, we had rotating shifts for years but it changed 3 years ago and in my shop it pretty much takes
early 87 seniority to stay on days.

Reactions: 3 people
chilokie1 said:

See what happens if they try push the IAMPF on the LAA guys, the local that filed was only doing its job.
I have not not talked to a single AMT in Tulsa that wants the ASS or the IAMPF. We bid our shifts every 
3 months BTW, we had rotating shifts for years but it changed 3 years ago and in my shop it pretty much takes
The IAMPF is dead on arrival.

While this is essentially correct, there is a new movement of some seniority that are bidding 4/10's in Hangar 1&2. 

chilokie1 said:

We are starting to see many a change in shift and days off beginning with our most recent bid.....It is obvious to see which direction they are headed.

Buck said:
For shift rotations, vacation rotation and whether or not there are 4/10 shifts, should the maintenance bases be held to a different standard that does not interfere with the mechanics at the Line stations? 
Why would a question get a RED Minus mark? Just answer the question.

Well at dwh management seems to be purposefully implementing antagonistic schedules. Our next bid will see the dayshift sat/Sunday slots reduced to 8. The same for second shift. A 4/10 Schedule is to be offered with TWTh off. The guy running the place absolutely refuses to listen to any input from the floor. Welcome to the new AA.

dvlhog212 said:
Well at dwh management seems to be purposefully implementing antagonistic schedules. Our next bid will see the dayshift sat/Sunday slots reduced to 8. The same for second shift. A 4/10 Schedule is to be offered with TWTh ule, has off. The guy running the place absolutely refuses to listen to any input from the floor. Welcome to the new AA.
TULE has a 4/10 days and afternoon with WED/THURS/FRI off and 5/8's with Sat/Sun Days/Afternoons and Midshift. We went thru the resistance in 2010 

dvlhog212 said:
Well at dwh management seems to be purposefully implementing antagonistic schedules. Our next bid will see the dayshift sat/Sunday slots reduced to 8. The same for second shift. A 4/10 Schedule is to be offered with TWTh off. The guy running the place absolutely refuses to listen to any input from the floor. Welcome to the new AA.

Word is out, the guys over at DWH are playing ball with management.  Evidently, they under the impression that if they go "above and beyond" the company will keep work there.  News flash, busting ass doesn't guarantee anything.  Keep letting the company poke you guys in the eye while pissing on your legs and telling you it's raining.  Talk about battered wife syndrome.

Vortilon said:

Word is out, the guys over at DWH are playing ball with management.  Evidently, they under the impression that if they go "above and beyond" the company will keep work there.  News flash, busting ass doesn't guarantee anything.  Keep letting the company poke you guys in the eye while pissing on your legs and telling you it's raining.  Talk about battered wife syndrome.
Vortilon, I do not remember where you work or worked in the recent past, but was it AFW? I am asking because here at TULE we have gone through what you are talking about. I guess at AFW the money and or politics did not allow for AFW to remain open? On the other hand, TULE, it was the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts