JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
dvlhog212 said:
Well at dwh management seems to be purposefully implementing antagonistic schedules. Our next bid will see the dayshift sat/Sunday slots reduced to 8. The same for second shift. A 4/10 Schedule is to be offered with TWTh off. The guy running the place absolutely refuses to listen to any input from the floor. Welcome to the new AA.
Many problems in stores also. Its run like a prison camp. 

Reactions: 1 person
Vortilon said:
Word is out, the guys over at DWH are playing ball with management.  Evidently, they under the impression that if they go "above and beyond" the company will keep work there.  News flash, busting ass doesn't guarantee anything.  Keep letting the company poke you guys in the eye while pissing on your legs and telling you it's raining.  Talk about battered wife syndrome.
Well Vort, I can't speak for everyone at dwh. I can assure you however I do not know of many "playing ball" with management. Most of us work safe and strictly IAW everynight, as we all should. I remind myself every night as I drive past dfw hangars. That I am being paid $1.05 an hour less for the same work and hours. As my coworkers in those hangars. I'd bet if ya asked local management, they would disagree with your assumption of the work force "playing ball". In fact a certain manager was just let go last week. Told to find another home. Have a good one Vort.

As a matter of fact, the attitudes and morale at dwh as the worst I have seen in 26 years. Not too many happy campers here. Heck, just look at the transfer list to dfw. It is populated mostly by DWH guys trying to leave!

I agree with hog. Most of the guys at DWH came from AFW, where that game has been played out. Everyone that was trying to make a difference by busting a$$ found out it doesn't matter how much work you do. If the company wants to shut it down they will. If there are people from AFW at DWH that still think their efforts will change any outcome of the company's master plan they will be disappointed again. There is a new coaching staff now with the same old players. They will try all of the old plays, which are the one we have already tried, thinking they are new plays until they find one that works, which will be close to what we used to do, and then give themselves bonuses for coming up with "NEW" plays.

dvlhog212 said:
Well Vort, I can't speak for everyone at dwh. I can assure you however I do not know of many "playing ball" with management. Most of us work safe and strictly IAW everynight, as we all should. I remind myself every night as I drive past dfw hangars. That I am being paid $1.05 an hour less for the same work and hours. As my coworkers in those hangars. I'd bet if ya asked local management, they would disagree with your assumption of the work force "playing ball". In fact a certain manager was just let go last week. Told to find another home. Have a good one Vort.

Gman10 said:
I agree with hog. Most of the guys at DWH came from AFW, where that game has been played out. Everyone that was trying to make a difference by busting a$$ found out it doesn't matter how much work you do. If the company wants to shut it down they will. If there are people from AFW at DWH that still think their efforts will change any outcome of the company's master plan they will be disappointed again. There is a new coaching staff now with the same old players. They will try all of the old plays, which are the one we have already tried, thinking they are new plays until they find one that works, which will be close to what we used to do, and then give themselves bonuses for coming up with "NEW" plays.
You guys say that but.......

Look at the OTS for DWH and pretty much on any given day all of your planes are green, it is the same for MIA, there might be 1 or 2 red ones,  on the flip side, look at DFW  and ORD and all of those are pretty much red with 1 or 2 green ones on any given day.  For anyone that watches it, its pretty evident.

Reactions: 4 people
dvlhog212 said:
Well at dwh management seems to be purposefully implementing antagonistic schedules. Our next bid will see the dayshift sat/Sunday slots reduced to 8. The same for second shift. A 4/10 Schedule is to be offered with TWTh off. The guy running the place absolutely refuses to listen to any input from the floor. Welcome to the new AA.
Things are about to change very quickly as far as antagonising the mechanics at DWH dvlhog212.....trust me.

cf6mech said:
Things are about to change very quickly as far as antagonising the mechanics at DWH dvlhog212.....trust me.
Lol, well cf6. I hope you are right. I don't see it changing until a certain LUS type leaves our organization.

Also, I'm trying to keep up with this thread, so could someone help an "Ass" Brother out?

There seems to be four or five different stations or areas with different work groups and schedules and pay.

They are AFW, DFW, TUL, Tule, and DWH.

Is AFW just an engine shop?
Is DFW just a line station or does DFW have line or overhaul hangars?
What's the difference between TUL and Tule?  Is one the line, and is one the hangars?
What is DWH again, and why does the pay differentiate between areas?

I know I could look all this stuff up on my own, but I think others might want to know.

Real tired said:
Also, I'm trying to keep up with this thread, so could someone help an "Ass" Brother out?

There seems to be four or five different stations or areas with different work groups and schedules and pay.

They are AFW, DFW, TUL, Tule, and DWH.

Is AFW just an engine shop?
Is DFW just a line station or does DFW have line or overhaul hangars?
What's the difference between TUL and Tule?  Is one the line, and is one the hangars?
What is DWH again, and why does the pay differentiate between areas?

I know I could look all this stuff up on my own, but I think others might want to know.
AFW was an AA maintenance base. It is now closed completely.

Tul is line maintenance it Tulsa

TULE is the large maintenance base. 6 or 7 large hangars, many support shops.

DWH is also known as Hangar 5 at DFW. It is 1 6 bay hangar with 3 small shops. Coffee maker, battery and a slide shop. It sits on the southeast corner of dfw Airport.

Dfw is line and 4 hangars.

Reactions: 4 people
DallasConehead said:
You guys say that but.......

Look at the OTS for DWH and pretty much on any given day all of your planes are green, it is the same for MIA, there might be 1 or 2 red ones,  on the flip side, look at DFW  and ORD and all of those are pretty much red with 1 or 2 green ones on any given day.  For anyone that watches it, its pretty evident.
I can't argue that. The majority at dwh are pissed off. You do have those few though that continue to jump thru hoops. I think that's true of any place. ASOM can be manipulated to look any way you want. Watch our ETRs and see how many times that changes. I know we have not produced a bridge check in the 2 days management wanted. Lots of moving parts, but rest assured we are not happy. Maybe better comms between dfw and DWH would help. I think we should be the same local. Maybe that would help keeping more of us on the same page.

dvlhog212 said:
AFW was an AA maintenance base. It is now closed completely.

Tul is line maintenance it Tulsa

TULE is the large maintenance base. 6 or 7 large hangars, many support shops.

DWH is also known as Hangar 5 at DFW. It is 1 6 bay hangar with 3 small shops. Coffee maker, battery and a slide shop. It sits on the southeast corner of dfw Airport.

Dfw is line and 4 hangars.
Got it.  Thanks much for the info.

Real tired said:
Got it.  Thanks much for the info.
One other thing, DWH is classified as an "overhaul" base, while across the field DFW is a line maintenance operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.