JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
1AA said:
Not if your at a line station working shifts and holidays.
Fair enough.

I'm in a line station, and work a fixed shift with fixed RDOs. The idea of rotating days off does not appeal to me at all; my schedule is crazy enough w/o having to wonder if I'm working any given day or not.

Reactions: 3 people
chris perry said:
Basically means you will never have a weekend off nor a holiday  ever unless you dial in sick.
No one will have off weekends and holidays, or junior people won't have off? Seniority has to count for something at the new AA. With you it might be different because of the 24hr operation, otherwise put your time in.

Reactions: 5 people
Well of course junior people won't have the weekends or holidays. I didn't have weekends and holidays for well into my 10th year. And on a yearly basis I still pray I can get certain holidays. You guys might wanna mark this one down but I agree with Worldport above, we all had to do our time, did we not?  Now I will speak of scenarios at SWA that I have heard;  I am tired of hearing the 2, 3-5 year mechanics whine and complain about not having the weekends and holidays.  A lot of them here (SWA) think the world owes them that after a short amount of time here. And it's more than likely worse at the larger airlines where it now maybe takes what, 15-18 years to hit weekends with holidays off?  Again, do the time and earn those weekends and holidays off...

Reactions: 1 person
It now takes 30+ years to hold weekends at dwh. 28 years to hold a piece of it. I've got 25 years and can barely hold a piece of the weekend on midnights. Of course ol' FM is always trying to force us to work our 5 measly holidays. Used to be an advantage of working at a base, having holidays off. No more though.

Reactions: 2 people
Worldport said:
No one will have off weekends and holidays, or junior people won't have off? Seniority has to count for something at the new AA. With you it might be different because of the 24hr operation, otherwise put your time in.
I agree. Seniority is the only thing we can truly count on. In this business, seniority historically is used for shift, days off and vacation bidding. Many of us who have been working in the airline industry have paid our dues. The more time we accrued, the more opportunity we had.  As for the "rumor" regarding steady days off, this is reflected in our most recent shift bid. The changes are being made gradually. Along with the move towards less shift times.

The new hires have to realize that they have to put their time in. 

Reactions: 3 people
You have to realize that with rotation of days off the amount of days off given per day have to be balanced because it rotates everyday. If you have fixed days off then management can stack days off as they want. For example they can reduce the amount of any weekend combination of days off to increase the work force on duty. This will allow them to take advantage of the reduced weekend schedule and increase the work while the aircrafts are down. All they need to do is figure out what the minimal headcount required for M-F vs the weekends. So weekend days off can be at a minimum. What good is seniority if a very small percentage gets a weekend off or any part of it. Theoretically they can give no one weekends off and schedule extra work on weekends and run leaner on weekdays while majority of the aircraft are flying. I don't trust the new AA and the association anymore. Unless percentage of days off ratios are contractual don't expect a balanced weekend to weekday day off schedule.

PMUS has not used rotating days off and never had an issue with the amount of weekends or part of weekends, each set of days off were equal for the most part on the line.

Even in the hangar, FS, SS,and SM were the majority of the days off.

The new AA is looking to cut back work in Overhaul and shifting some of that work to class 1 stations. This work can be done on weekends during a lighter weekend scedule. It's already happening to some level. This may be a test to see if it works to be more productive with less heads. You can only do this with fixed days off. Maybe at smaller stations this will have no affect but at class 1 stations with multiple hangar space I see it happening. Unless days off ratios are contractual nothing will prevent this from occurring.

But remember PMUS had been doing it this way and it didn't cut jobs and days off due to the workload.

700UW said:
But remember PMUS had been doing it this way and it didn't cut jobs and days off due to the workload.
So PMUS had been doing it this way....which means the number of jobs and days off due to the workload are already built in. How do you know if the new AA changes over to the PMUS way it will NOT affect the number of jobs due to the switchover?

I remember the new AA leadership saying whatever merger related changes will be made to affect the fewer amount of people which would be LUS. You know, like they handled FCFC non rev travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts