JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by conehead777, Apr 27, 2016.

1. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

If he's waiting for Christmas, he has a few days to rule. If he's waiting for the new year, then maybe his ruling will not sit well with many people.

2. Matt1200

Matt1200 Member

Meeting about working on each other's metal starting January 9th. The company explained how the maintenance will be performed on each other's aircraft here in PHL. Explaining how the Inspectors will perform borescope on AA metal. I realize that some people are reluctant to change, but I don't see how the company is going to handle the personnel problems?

3. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

I don't see what the problem is, you get a job assignment, you do it because you're a professional making $47 an hour.

The only problem there could be is, management tells you to sign something off, work unsafe, or your paycheck not being correct. Never been a problem shouldn't be one now. We all work for AA now, we are not indentured servents. Just do your job in a professional manner.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

This is inevitable. Sooner or later we will truly be ONE airline. Eventually there will be no go to that gate and work the LUS aircraft or go that gate to work a LAA. gate. This is what happens when airlines merge.

• Like Like x 2
  5. wrencher

wrencher Advanced

6. wrencher

wrencher Advanced

Can't wait myself it's been 16 years coming

7. The Truth Will Set U Free

Are you guys really that stupid. WE will NEVER be one group of Mechanics. There has NEVER been anything good to come from a Merger. Wake up. You will not like our ways and we will not like yours. There is more of Us Than there is you. So when ever there is a vote. It will ALWAYS piss you off that we will be doing things the American Mechanics Way. THAT IS THE TRUTH.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Matt1200

Matt1200 Member

What amazes me is that AA mechanics still can't get a good contract, like UPS. When the vote comes they will find out that the IAM contract will be there new contract! More holidays, better bumbing ability. Remember each other's mx is not the enemy. Management is!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. dvlhog212

dvlhog212 Veteran

10. 1AA

1AA Veteran

And because of this the association will make sure things will pass or move along without a vote.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

You don't see how the company is going to handle the personnel problems?

Grow up.

The fact you would even ask that question IS the problem. It is very revealing of your whole mindset to the way you approach your job.
    Bigjets you are 100% right.

What you are seeing is the result of conditioning courtesy of the TWU and modern UNION culture. They have turned men into excuse makers and whiny dependants instead of proud professionals. That is the REAL decline of UNION power in this country.

TWU insanity is the reason I chose not to exercise bumping rights or try to transfer. TWU insanity is the reason I basically quit.

I got tired of dealing with "conditioned" people like that jellyfish that can't see how the company is going to handle the personnel problems.

Pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

Our office is at K7, I've seen guys have a fit if assigned to work at k19, of course these guys have between 15-30 years seniority. I've talked to new hires that are happy to be at AA rather then AAR or the equivalent. My favorite is when the whiners are told no sleeping at work and then they threaten to do their job by the book, or complain about not enough vehicles but yet drive a vehicle back to the hangar and hide it so they can use it the next day.

Too many guys take this job for granted, not realizing how good of a job this is. They're just lucky there is a lack of accountability.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. paul1

paul1 Veteran

K19 its cold out

14. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Veteran

You guys need to be prepared for a POTUS who puts out a tweet that says something like "these mechanics at American are making $38/hr and they want $55/hr." Or similar.

I lived through the Eastern Airlines strike living in Atlanta and had many friends in Miami. The press published this stuff. If you think for one second that the public is sympathetic to you and your cause, you are in for a rude awakening.

Now you have Elaine Chao as DOT Sec.

Take what you can get, tuck your tail between your legs, and hope for the best.

Edit: I hope you all saw that our new POTUS just hired Carl Icahn as his advisor. Good luck.

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. dvlhog212

dvlhog212 Veteran

Nice. True up payment is on jetnet now. Nice little Christmas bump!

16. SkydrolJunkie

SkydrolJunkie Advanced

As you can see I go above and beyond all the time!!

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 11.59.40 PM.png
    6. I will consider all timely filed protests and issue a final and binding determination with respect to
    each. After deciding all protests, I will issue final integrated seniority lists, incorporating any necessary adjustments or corrections in light of my protest determinations. It is intended that the final lists will issue by December 1, 2016. However, the Company has agreed that it will not implement the final lists until new joint collective bargaining agreements have been reached and ratified.

So, WTF is going on? More Union Shenanigans??

• Like Like x 3
  17. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

You really want to open that "advisor" door Glenn?

After Obama?

Really?

18. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

I am glad you see the truth bigjets.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

You may have a point but it all remains to be seen with regards to Trump & Co. When Big business claims they would love to bring jobs back to the US, but they can't afford the wages, well you know the rest.

But didn't AA file Chapter 11 under Obama with quite a few bucks $$$$$ in the bank? I don't think he even mentioned that small fact.
    Obama has a few weeks left in office but I haven't seen him COMMUTE our bankruptcy contract yet!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

I'm still waiting for my ballot regarding the ASSociation.

• Like Like x 4