JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
MetalMover said:
Although we haven't seen the fine print, the max $100000 buyout and retiree medical might bring more yes votes.
Retiree medical or a least a bridge to 65 is what will get people to go. The 100 grand is only one years salary That would only get people to leave a year earlier, unless they had other interests.Guess this buyout dispels any idea that UAL is worried about an AMT shortage in the future

1AA said:
the coffin on the back of the truck
Care to elaborate.

This is the first I am hearing of this.

I have a feeling this s an interesting story.

DallasConehead said:
Well, there's probably 70-80 guys that come on here and vent, a small percentile of the total. Once their done venting they go out and get in their 2015 3/4 ton crew cab PU with a diesel, drive away from there nice house they just remodeled the kitchen on last year, go to their J.O.B. and do a fine job representing their craft.  We complain about management and politicians and the union, but you know what?  It isn't THAT bad of a gig, hell most of us been here for 25-30 years, so we pretty much got the gig down, its easy for us.  The regular folk that even care, that get on them and fly them, are astonished at what we do and just can't imagine. There's a sense of pride in that, I think only a mechanic can pick up what I'm puttin down.  So, you know, go ahead, take the potshots, its okay, we know what we are and what we do.
Exactly. People come on here to vent.

Most of this forum is blame, negativity, and complaints.

You know that is true. It is not even debatable.

Rarely do people recognize on here what they have gained from the job (the truck, the house, the remodeled kitchen).

I was not making potshots DallasConehead as there was no ill intent.

It was simply an observation.

I think if you took a step back and look at what I said objectively you will see I was right.

Anyone else hear rumblings that the iam and twu are planning to merge unions? Rumor is the twu is broke and solicting this to the iam

Quite an interesting first post. I haven't heard a word about that and strongly doubt it's authenticity.

AANOTOK said:
Quite an interesting first post. I haven't heard a word about that and strongly doubt it's authenticity.
No its quite legit. Maybe its why no one was given a vote on the Association

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Care to elaborate.

This is the first I am hearing of this.

I have a feeling this s an interesting story.

Exactly. People come on here to vent.

Most of this forum is blame, negativity, and complaints.

You know that is true. It is not even debatable.

Rarely do people recognize on here what they have gained from the job (the truck, the house, the remodeled kitchen).

I was not making potshots DallasConehead as there was no ill intent.

It was simply an observation.

I think if you took a step back and look at what I said objectively you will see I was right.
Really?  Where the hell you been?  This is the first time you heard about the coffin issue?  Wow, that's amazing!!!  You obviously just recently got involved then...

Reactions: 1 person
Worldport said:
Retiree medical or a least a bridge to 65 is what will get people to go. The 100 grand is only one years salary That would only get people to leave a year earlier, unless they had other interests.Guess this buyout dispels any idea that UAL is worried about an AMT shortage in the future

Dispels nothing, UAL has offered similar early outs for all employee groups for years.  

This article should dispel any notions that there isn't a shortage of AMTs - not just here, but worldwide. http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/blogs/torqued-higher-ed-needs-address-looming-pilot-and-mechanic-shortage

Vortilon said:

Dispels nothing, UAL has offered similar early outs for all employee groups for years.  

This article should dispel any notions that there isn't a shortage of AMTs - not just here, but worldwide. http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/blogs/torqued-higher-ed-needs-address-looming-pilot-and-mechanic-shortage

John Goglia is a former member of the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board. He is affiliated with DA Aviation Technology Solutions, a consultant on safety and FAA policy issues to the Engineered Arresting Systems Corp. (ESCO), the Aston, Pa., developer of EMAS.
http://aviationweek.com/author/john-goglia

watched the video of the townhall meeting in dfw with doug parker. evidently meeting twice a month is a really good pace for negotiations and they gave us the money because they know its going to take a really long time to finish....so we will get hosed for the holidays AGAIN>>>>

cheers folks! and thank you association!

Reactions: 3 people
dfw gen said:
watched the video of the townhall meeting in dfw with doug parker. evidently meeting twice a month is a really good pace for negotiations and they gave us the money because they know its going to take a really long time to finish....so we will get hosed for the holidays AGAIN>>>>

cheers folks! and thank you association!
I didn't expect anything different. We just sit back and take it. When enough of us say enough is enough then maybe we will rise and do something about our dysfunctional association.

1AA said:
I didn't expect anything different. We just sit back and take it. When enough of us say enough is enough then maybe we will rise and do something about our dysfunctional association.
I saw a few fleet service clerks asking questions, but was a little surprised there were not any mechanics questioning Parker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts