JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by conehead777, Apr 27, 2016.

1. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

#1721 La Li Lu Le Lo, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Companies make that claim but the fact is THEY are in the golden age of low cost and high profits. They can very well pay American wages, they just rather spend China wages and sell at American prices to stupid people that think they have to have a $600 iPhone simply because they are sheep to the marketing industry.

That is what tariffs are for. The government and big business have done everything they can to demonize tariffs but the truth is taxing imports makes it less profitable to manufacture overseas thus protecting American jobs. The big lie is it will make things unaffordable. The fact is people will pay no more than what they think something is worth and with companies enjoying many times the cost in profits there is a huge window there for a market reorientation. With appropriate tariffs companies really only have 2 choices. Manufacture locally or find another market to sell goods.

If companies could not afford to pay American wages American Airlines would have gone out of business long ago. The fact they have a large American workforce, do a large portion of maintenance in the United States, and pay many employees higher than the median American income PER HOUSEHOLD ($55,775 in 2015) has neither put them out of business or made the price of an airline ticket unaffordable to the common man. In fact they made a profit of $7.6 billion dollars, despite those "obstacles".

$7.6 billion, I guess you bricks in the backpack don't weigh them down THAT much. :)

[​IMG]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...merican-airlines-record-profit-2015/79482416/

"Free Trade" is the biggest scam ever perpetuated on the American public. It only serves to line the pockets of business and politicians. It does nothing for you the working man or you the consumer. It's a con.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

Has anybody heard if we all will be going to fixed days off ?

3. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Message from Local 514 President Dale Danker

Brothers and Sister,
    I want to let everyone know that I received a phone call from our International on Thursday and was informed that Javits would be releasing his seniority decision on Tuesday December 27th. As soon as I get it we will post it to our website and make it available to everyone. I expect as we were told that we will have 45 days to protest any placement on any seniority list.

Please be aware of who the shop stewards are in your area by locating your Union bulletin board. Your steward will help with any questions you may have regarding seniority.
    As 2016 comes to a close I want to tell each of you I wish the contract was finished, I am personally ready to be back at the base everyday. I will continue to work hard on your behalf to bring back a contract that will benefit all of us.

I do not want to sound preachy so I hope it doesn’t.
    I know we have lost many close friends this year. I am thankful that I hear less and less member on member arguing to the point it gets to HR.
    I’d just like to remind everyone that we need each other and I hope that even if you just have a few days off this Christmas season you can enjoy it with family and friends.

I want to personally thank the Union officers, shop stewards and members on the floor for your help and support.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Dale

4. paul1

paul1 Veteran

Thanks WeAAsles

Everyone Merry Christmas And Happy Holidays!

5. dvlhog212

dvlhog212 Veteran

I thought the list was to be published December 1? As usual dates and deadlines are as meaningless to this organization as our contract language. Why should we expect to see it on the 27th? He didn't produce it on 12-1.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

Don't forget to read the fine print when dealing with this organization. They always leave themselves a "Get out of Jail Free" card to cover their ass!! aka "They can do that, brother" ;)

"It is 'intended' that the final lists will issue by December 1, 2016."

• Like Like x 1
  7. Matt1200

Matt1200 Member

The mediator was to decide on Tech crew chief, lead Tech and inspector seniority

8. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

Which part of that did you disagree with bob@las-AA?

Do you even know?

9. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

AA provided a pretty decent Christmas dinner this year. Glad to see we didn't have the moronic campaign to turn down meal because we are upset with the pace of negotiations. Very childish.

When in fact our union is a big reason for our delayed contract. Forming the association, a year for the court case, and our own union admitting that we have too many work groups under one contract.

I am happy the union and AA came up with an interim pay raise. Not getting That would have put a damper on our Christmas mood. AA should have given us the 4% raise when the rest of the employees got it, would have saved a lot of heart ache.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

11. swamt

swamt Veteran

I think I will wait for someone to clarify the integrated seniority list for me. At first glance, can someone state rather it leaned either towards AA or US's way of doing their seniority for leads and inspectors? It also looks like he took into consideration of the TWA integrated seniority. Good luck to you guys, I'm sure not all are happy.

12. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

Thanks for posting WeAAsles.

Looks like Javits went with the AA seniority method. Where the LAA Crew chiefs neither lost or gained, the LUS Lead Mechanics gained.

13. DallasConehead

DallasConehead Veteran

It worked out good, I only lost 500 + slots on the system list.

14. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

Christmas was two days ago, but better late than never. He released his decision.

15. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

Did you compare the AA list to the integrated list?

16. AANOTOK

AANOTOK Veteran

how do you pull up the AA list on jetnet?

17. AANOTOK

AANOTOK Veteran

18. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

Employee Services tab, then career.

19. AANOTOK

AANOTOK Veteran

found it, thanks.

20. Duke787

Duke787 Veteran

How will cc seniority work in the future?

Use your amt seniority
    Or
    Start with a new cc seniority