JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again as 1AA stated, what choice or voice have we had up to this point?
"Happy Columb.........errrr Indigenous Peoples Day everyone"
What a double kick in the ass!!!
You don't have a voice because the legacy AA mechanics as a whole did not care enough to participate in securing one.

Management recently had a meeting and Seymore was asked when the mechanics would have a contract. He said that they are not in a hurry and that they were waiting on United. Everyone here knows the history of the twu. They are working with company to slow these negs down. I would not expect a contract until the end of the first quarter and if United shoots their contract down then it will be the end of the second quarter at the earliest. As usual the twu can't be a leader they have to be a follower. They can't neg a contract on there own they have to let another union do the heavy lifting. This reminds me of 2001 when they delayed negs so they could ride the AMFA's coattails.

Management recently had a meeting and Seymore was asked when the mechanics would have a contract. He said that they are not in a hurry and that they were waiting on United. Everyone here knows the history of the twu. They are working with company to slow these negs down. I would not expect a contract until the end of the first quarter and if United shoots their contract down then it will be the end of the second quarter at the earliest. As usual the twu can't be a leader they have to be a follower. They can't neg a contract on there own they have to let another union do the heavy lifting. This reminds me of 2001 when they delayed negs so they could ride the AMFA's coattails.
seems like no one is in a rush. sit down relax gate calls and in service aircraft are not a priority. another set of holidays we get hosed on. you get what you pay for,what a disgrace this place is.

And now they will do it again but this time they are looking to Uniteds contract with the teamsters. Pretty sad when you wanna wait to see how the teamsters will do. Not only that, the rumors are that the United mechs are going vote this one down too.

Last night our local guy who sits on NC told me that we are about 75% finished with item TA'd. I told him that while watching Doug on a recent town hall meeting that it will be quite awhile before we see a contract. I and many others are curios about the 1.5% increase in our current contract was not seen. I and many others are also curious about the 4% we never received. He said that the 4% has not been discussed yet. He also said the NC would like to see some sort of signing bonus. I told him that the bonus would have to be significant. Just my two cents

Just remember when you hire the TWU you are authorizing them to act in your stead. Before you say they did not let you, you actually gave them the authority through their Constitution.

Over here at UAL, this TA is a complete pile of crap. I will vote no and hopefully 90% no again, this TA isnt any better than the one from last year. Company doesnt care if we vote it in or not im sure, this TA just pays for a wage increase by taking all the other stuff away. Cost neutral contract for the step child division I guess.

And now they will do it again but this time they are looking to Uniteds contract with the teamsters. Pretty sad when you wanna wait to see how the teamsters will do. Not only that, the rumors are that the United mechs are going vote this one down too.

Yes. And we are dealing with the same mentality over here. The co. has admitted that they want a cost neutral contract, when in fact all their offers so far are more like self paid offers not even cost neutral.

I realize that there are only 300 flight instructors. The company was able to get their contract done. We as technicians have always been last in everything, contracts and uniforms. I can tell you that Doug and the entire upper management is about the money and stock holders. How about the every day flier. The people who we depend on our livelihood. He needs to treat our class and craft with respect. Remember no techs no aircraft and no fliers. Right now I feel disrespected!!!

I can tell you that Doug and the entire upper management is about the money and stock holders.
Of course he is. Do you hold that against him? That is his job.

How about the every day flier. The people who we depend on our livelihood.
What about them? All they care about is a cheap ticket.

He needs to treat our class and craft with respect. Remember no techs no aircraft and no fliers. Right now I feel disrespected!!!
Doug does not care about your feelings. He cares about turning a profit. Why would you have an expectation of him treating you with respect? In his mind he is stuck with you and would prefer to contract your job out for a quarter of the cost. He sees you no differently than Jeff "brick in our backpack" Brundage did.

6a00d8341c2cc953ef0133f511cbd1970b-320wi

Jeff Brundage's "disrespect" was not reserved just for mechanics. He told a Fort Worth Star-Telegram reporter that if pilots wanted to be paid like executives, they should become executives. Doug is no different.

C'mon man, just take a Blind Leap Of Faith..... we are not new hires.... prob 90% have 20+ years. Nobody trusts the company, or the company union. Talk is cheap, prove it if you wnat us to jump with you!!!!!!

Anyone else notice the Airbus getting C checks at Aeroman in El Salvador? I've seen at least 4 of them down there recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts