JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like we have a JCBA agreement.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/...ines-reports-737-million-profit-third-quarter

“We’ve now reached new agreements with all of our workers, so the large increases are behind us. Furthermore, as we complete more of our integration in 2017, we’ll be able to begin eliminating some of the redundancies that still exist,” he said.

It's all about the money.

We were bought and paid for, and played like fools. I can now sit in a break room, next to a coworker, who does the same job, and that person has less vacation time, sick time and works under a different set of rules.

And nobody cares.

We got our money. And that's just the way DP looks at it. He can run us as separate entities for an extended period now. Just like they did to our pilots. Just about 11 years as separate entities.

It's the cheapest way.

Well i guess all of the airlines like having a low morale AMT working on their aircraft.
Im sure the AMTs going out of the way to help them out and prevent delays.

The first airline to give a good contract will be the successful one.

I bet they wouldnt shaft the mechanic at the mercedes dealership and then ask him to fix their car. These clowns are running maintenance from charts and graphs, because they dont know the job themselves.

I don`t see anything about a JCBA. If we had, surely something would have leaked out. I interpret the company comments as off the cuff, generalized remarks. It has been very quiet since they coughed up the raise. Which, by the way, I still don`t get why it takes 90 days to execute.

Why the people on this board do not get it. The bulk of the AMT's at AA do not care about TWU,IAM, AMfa or whatever entity is trying to get their dues.
We have many smart people that could run these unions, but just like our choices for Potus the smart folks stay out of it. We elect idiots that want to do a good job but do not have the smarts to do so.

AA had another day without any cancelations doesn't this tell you anything about how pissed our AMT's are..
People on this board wake up.
Most of the stuff I post on this board has been to piss people off (Fleet service,AMT's).
This post is probably of 2 serious post.
Have a great Thanksgiving, and a Merry Christmas.
Parker bought us all off with the wage adjustment enjoy.

Here is the latest. This will drag in to next summer at this pace.

Attachments

• Association-MR-Bulletin-102116.pdf
    216.2 KB · Views: 373
I looked over the TA for the Flight Simulator Engineers today. A few things stuck out.
1. VC was max at 240 hours after 30yrs.
2. Tired old school shift differentials of .51/.58 are back
3. No mention of longevity pay
4. 10 holidays at 2.5x if worked
5. OT rules reverted to pre 2003. (2x on 7th day)
6. 1600hrs max sick
7. RIF language maintaining the juniority system.

I`m sure I missed a few things but point is. I`m sure our contract will be very similar to this. So why the stalling? Why the uninspired pace of talks? My thinking is it is mostly the dysfunctional, unelected association. As I understand it, the IAM side of the house is fat, dumb and happy. Big raise is in place, they already have 10 holidays at 2.5x pay. I understand their insurance premiums are less than what LAA pays. IAM has better OT rules. and better RIF language. So if this is accurate. Why would they be in a hurry. Seems to me those of us on the LAA side are left to hung out to dry. Classic case of IGM. Just my 2cents fwiw. Out.

I looked over the TA for the Flight Simulator Engineers today. A few things stuck out.
1. VC was max at 240 hours after 30yrs.
2. Tired old school shift differentials of .51/.58 are back
3. No mention of longevity pay
4. 10 holidays at 2.5x if worked
5. OT rules reverted to pre 2003. (2x on 7th day)
6. 1600hrs max sick
7. RIF language maintaining the juniority system.

I`m sure I missed a few things but point is. I`m sure our contract will be very similar to this. So why the stalling? Why the uninspired pace of talks? My thinking is it is mostly the dysfunctional, unelected association. As I understand it, the IAM side of the house is fat, dumb and happy. Big raise is in place, they already have 10 holidays at 2.5x pay. I understand their insurance premiums are less than what LAA pays. IAM has better OT rules. and better RIF language. So if this is accurate. Why would they be in a hurry. Seems to me those of us on the LAA side are left to hung out to dry. Classic case of IGM. Just my 2cents fwiw. Out.

Sick time accrual would be the other big one. Looks like it's back to one day earned for every month worked.

Sick time accrual would be the other big one. Looks like it's back to one day earned for every month worked.
Yeah, seems I read something about 2 months that there was no accrual earned. I will have to go back and look.

Let's face the fact, TWU and IAM have done nothing since the company gave us the 520 hour raise. They have been negotiating for quite sometime and only TA an article each time they meet. At the rate their going we might have a contract to vote on next summer. I and many others are tired of the incompency of this association. We keep hearing that they want us to have an industry leading contract, I for one will never trust this union.

Let's hope they are unhappy enough to refuse to discuss anything but what they have now. This is a huge item and we need to be rid of the juniority system once and for all.
I agree. The current twu rif language is terrible. It only benefits the company. Seeing this in the FSE agreement, along with the rumored DFW/DWH one station letter leads me to believe the LAA language will remain in place. I guess only time will tell, but I have a feeling we are going to be stuck with it. The nc seems to be uninterested in a paradigm shift. Looking at the FSE agreement I see nothing but tired, old antiquated language. Case in point is the shift differential. I`m pretty sure will we see that .51/.58 in our agreement as well.

Reactions: Hackman
Status
Not open for further replies.