JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's on the table, then there should be a price tag attached to it.

And if there's a price tag attached to it, the membership should see that. We used to get an "itemized" break down of items.
The price was the additional $5 raise that lus got that laa didn't get. And allowing this farce, bka the Ass group go through without membership approval which has made a simple process look like a calculus problem..smh til 2020

How did you have major leverage when the majority weren’t working under a CBA?

Passenger Service reservation System had to be integrated and cutover as well as CWA/IBT LUS having some of the best scope in the industry that would have set up fences for the Passengers thru out airports and reservation call centers all of this was giving away with a letter of agreement without a vote from the membership while still in negotiations moreover CWA/IBT was the only union on the property to be in section 6 direct negotiations under the RLA unlike the rest of the employees groups were/are in joint contract negotiations Moreover the U.S. Justice Department had a lawsuit against the merger and Parker had to play nice with the union to avoid controversy..

John John if current AA Management is bringing more work back in house, congratulations. I’ve suspected that eventually they would come to the rational that it’s the logical sensical business decision to make long term.

Others have yet to get themselves out of that concessionary mindset though.

Agree, negotiating and bargaining work for a customer experience at time when the U.S. Justice Department had a lawsuit against the merger Presented a good opportunity for CWA/IBT

No you don’t know what you’re talking about

Go ahead and show him the facts Tom I know you have them

There are some who are already trying to soften the blow by rationalizing the changes that seem to be coming. The rationalization is out of touch with the expectations the Members were given and the reality of the emotions will avail themselves when we see it in black and white.

The expectations given at the start and during this process will not meet the reality of the final document. If the proper expectation were set and the differences that needed to be overcome were addressed as we moved through this process there would have been a better chance of a more positive reaction.

As it stands, with little official information to go on, there have been many that have created their own expectation and that will certainly not be the reality we will eventually face.

The negotiators are working hard and making difficult choices, but the Members don't know what challenges they're facing and will not understand why some of the changes in language were made. It is unfortunate and hopefully, the emotions of the situation don't cloud the decision making when it is time to vote.
NYer
I know it’s not what your referring to when you talk about info being shared and things explained. But you do know prior to any vote , there will be a full road show to all cities to explain and answer questions. I’m sure all the hubs that will have to be more than just one day. I don’t know how many in each hub location yet, ornif it will be the whole committee. But I’m sure there will be enough there to fully explain the t/a and discuss why certain changes took place. Some people get upset sometimes, that once things are fully explained, they will find out that it’s not as big of a change as they assumed it was. I will also be on here as often as possible when the time comes, to answer any questions that People may have. Most of us will also be available by phone. So people if they really want to get educated on the t/a prior to voting, will have the resources to do so.

if that really is the case then the LUS people deserves something for it

Here is what CWA/IBT got in return for giving up their Health insurance

A concessionary contract, which included

Give up scope by allowing up to 5 from 2 mainline jets a day to be outsourced. Allowing a whole different work classification with lower pay to do core mainline work, wide variety of work rule changes that are still surfacing. Allowing all baggage service to be outsourced. Allowing all wheelchairs and unaccompanied minors to be outsourced. Allowing all curbside to be outsourced. Lost of holiday overtime paid option. Lost of comp-time, lost of catastrophic sick-time accrual. Lost of Profit sharing, No improvements in retirement.Allowing junior part-time employees to get fulltime jobs before senior full -timers.Caved in on a change of control grievance

Passenger Service reservation System had to be integrated and cutover as well as CWA/IBT LUS having some of the best scope in the industry that would have set up fences for the Passengers thru out airports and reservation call centers all of this was giving away with a letter of agreement without a vote from the membership while still in negotiations moreover CWA/IBT was the only union on the property to be in section 6 direct negotiations under the RLA unlike the rest of the employees groups were/are in joint contract negotiations Moreover the U.S. Justice Department had a lawsuit against the merger and Parker had to play nice with the union to avoid controversy..

I would have agreed with you 100% if you didn’t have the newly minted into your Class and Craft the LAA PSA family.

You had around 72% of your combined group that had no CBA language to protect them and therefore the reason IMO you had to come to a deal and not try to play hard ball.

Those hard balls could have hit your new family members right square on the noggin. In other words no you really weren’t in a position to play tough and protect ALL your members.

No you don’t know what you’re talking about

Go ahead and show him the facts Tom I know you have them

If I recall at most when the merger was announced LUS Ramp was only about $1.00 off from LAA. Then we went up to $24.00 during the BK and merger and you followed parity with us on your standalone CBA.

NYer
I know it’s not what your referring to when you talk about info being shared and things explained. But you do know prior to any vote , there will be a full road show to all cities to explain and answer questions. I’m sure all the hubs that will have to be more than just one day. I don’t know how many in each hub location yet, ornif it will be the whole committee. But I’m sure there will be enough there to fully explain the t/a and discuss why certain changes took place. Some people get upset sometimes, that once things are fully explained, they will find out that it’s not as big of a change as they assumed it was. I will also be on here as often as possible when the time comes, to answer any questions that People may have. Most of us will also be available by phone. So people if they really want to get educated on the t/a prior to voting, will have the resources to do so.

Having been fortunate enough to have the pleasure of speaking with both you and others on the Negotiating committee I am highly confident in your abilities to explain any questions about the JCBA TA that can even possibly come up quite proficiently.

I think NYer and all of us in MIA will be extremely satisfied and maybe even dazzled by the Leadership we’ll be witness to when the time comes.

All confusion will melt away like butter.

NYer

I'm sure there would be substantial work being done to try and give out as much information as possible.

The concern is that this JCBA will be a substantial change in just about every article. The details and intricacies may be lost, misinterpreted and misinformed, especially with the advent of social media and instant information. I'm sure you'd agree that it will be a mountain of information and that could be daunting in a regular negotiation but exponentially worse in a JCBA.

If the negativity sets in because of the unexpected changes it may be a monumental task to overcome.

My point has been, if the differences between the two CBA's had been explained as we moved along some of the tough decisions which were made would be engrained and there would have been plenty of time to debate the issues.

As it stands, because it is mostly unexpected, wholesale changes to our CBA may cause a defensive reaction and an emotional vote that could jeopardize the outcome. People don't like change and may be opposed just because it's different, not necessarily because it's bad.

I'm sure there would be substantial work being done to try and give out as much information as possible.

The concern is that this JCBA will be a substantial change in just about every article. The details and intricacies may be lost, misinterpreted and misinformed, especially with the advent of social media and instant information. I'm sure you'd agree that it will be a mountain of information and that could be daunting in a regular negotiation but exponentially worse in a JCBA.

If the negativity sets in because of the unexpected changes it may be a monumental task to overcome.

My point has been, if the differences between the two CBA's had been explained as we moved along some of the tough decisions which were made would be engrained and there would have been plenty of time to debate the issues.

As it stands, because it is mostly unexpected, wholesale changes to our CBA may cause a defensive reaction and an emotional vote that could jeopardize the outcome. People don't like change and may be opposed just because it's different, not necessarily because it's bad.

Monumental task, Herculean effort, Ant moving a rubber tree plant.

E48E04D1-2D00-4B22-8C44-861771BD89E1.jpeg

They’re going to zoom right in on the money there Pudgy Wubsie and you know it. ZOOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts