JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a supporter of the old twu regime. I was trying to equate GP path to the staff was just like theirs..lets see if GP tones his rhetoric down.
My info on Sito and Gary came from the union minions that do not particularly like them so they could be tainted but I respect these sources .
I stand by my posts on any of the info given.

It is going to happen. I am not confident in our NC that we will get the value of that concession, for fleet or maintenance. I shold have said concessions, LUS giving up medical which affects fleet and maintenance giving up work, these concessions have a huge value that touch both sides, that is what I was referring to.
It almost sounds like as long as they have both sides fighting it distracts you guys from seeing the big picture with the hope of the company side getting you grey questionable language. With the hope of you guys being so Fed up it passes. I wish you guys luck.

It almost sounds like as long as they have both sides fighting it distracts you guys from seeing the big picture with the hope of the company side getting you grey questionable language. With the hope of you guys being so Fed up it passes. I wish you guys luck.

“They” aren’t getting us to fight each other. Any and all fighting that is or could be occurring comes from our own little easily manipulated selves.

Our greed to accumulate more and make our lives maybe a little easier guides our petty petulance.

“Money. You get back. I’m alright Jack keep your hands off my stack”

Weez,

ANY increase to the insurance cost is a LOSS to the LUS folks. It doesn't matter that everybody, that includes LAA, received a raise last August or not. If we are forced into the crappy medical that AA wants us in, it is a $550 a month loss for me. Where as if we keep the LUS medical it is a $550 gain for LAA folks that have family coverage on the LUS 80% plan. Yes in August of 2016, everybody received a raise that equated to roughly $480 a paycheck. Those at LAA got the same raise. With the LAA medical, that raise is gone. My cost would be roughly with ALL insurances, dental and vision included, close to $400 a check. So after taxes, maybe I get around $35-$40 from that raise. Suddenly that raise isn't a raise at all now is it. While those of you at LAA that already had the higher cost health care enjoy ALL of that raise. Do you see the difference now? Why wouldn't anybody at LAA want an extra $550 a month? I'll say it again, most LAA have Stockholm Symdrome when it comes to the medical issue. I know you are not advocating for or even suggesting that the LUS folks be forced into the higher cost medical. I am just trying to point out that with that raise if all of Fleet Service are forced into the higher medical in a JCBA, that raise was a smoke screen.

Well said sir. And thanks for supplying a good example for all to see. Most should agree as well that the last raise you all got in Aug has nothing to do with the medical going forward.

The new AA management wants the LUS scope.
If we are unwilling to compromise we will be in negotiations for a long time.
The question we should be asking to our inept NC?
What does the union want for giving up the AA scope?.
It is going to happen. I am not confident in our NC that we will get the value of that concession, for fleet or maintenance.
My source on the company side tells me that our NC is not very well versed on what they want.
Making it very easy for management in these negotiations.
ATD, I have to back weez and CB on this one. Any company side employee will tell you exactly what they know you want to hear. We have them here too. I cannot count the times I have heard from company minions that the unions nego cmte does not know what they are doing, does not know how to nego., do not understand how nego's work, blah, blah, blah. It's all company nego's tactics. You say you trust them, well you better always keep one eye open with them, those are the worse ones that actually get to the members like he has with you, basically, he's done his job successfully with you. They will tell you anything you want to hear all the time. It just like our company telling us that they really do want to come to an agreement with a new contract as soon as possible, been hearing this for years...

Not quite. I’ve seen a few instances where that status quo rule has not quite lived up to its expectations.

While under the watchful eye of the government that had an antitrust lawsuit to block the merger that would have created the world largest airline. The merger was a hot button for the government at that time

CWA/IBT held a very valuable card to play

“They” aren’t getting us to fight each other. Any and all fighting that is or could be occurring comes from our own little easily manipulated selves.

Our greed to accumulate more and make our lives maybe a little easier guides our petty petulance.

“Money. You get back. I’m alright Jack keep your hands off my stack”
Weez, most or all don’t know what petulance is, good word though.

Traymark,

Excellent point, my apologies, you are correct that it will only affect one demographic. And yes, the LAA medical plan is better than some others out there. But alas we work for LAA not those other companies. Why are the benefits not equal traymark? I made no mention of Holidays, Holiday pay, OT, Sick Time or vacation simply because those benefits, like the medical are negotiated items in your CBA. And because those benefits were negotiated into our STANDALONE CBA in 2014, and your benefits were stolen in the bankruptcy process, that, good sir, is not the fault of anybody at LUS. So not being on equal footing, that is the fault of the company, not LUS. And trying to blame us simply because the company didn't see fit to equalize the LAA folks up to our levels of the afforementioned benefits, well thats just childish. The LUS folks didn't take anything away from you. We brought our CBA to the merger just like you did. And in those CBA's are te benefits you want to be equalized. They will be with a JCBA. Just like the medical issue will be a moot point when the JCBA is finaliazed. I think you just have a case of "Benefit Envy":);):p:);):p:);):p
you are I got mine. And the aa folks aren’t taking your medical away either. The American Airlines is now by name only . Your us air management team Parker and the boys are the ones wanting to take your medical away not us twu members. So go e mail Parker about how you feel instead of winning to the aa folks who have no say.

Reactions: swamt

We're fighting each other on our own, no assistance needed.

Weez,

ANY increase to the insurance cost is a LOSS to the LUS folks. It doesn't matter that everybody, that includes LAA, received a raise last August or not. If we are forced into the crappy medical that AA wants us in, it is a $550 a month loss for me. Where as if we keep the LUS medical it is a $550 gain for LAA folks that have family coverage on the LUS 80% plan. Yes in August of 2016, everybody received a raise that equated to roughly $480 a paycheck. Those at LAA got the same raise. With the LAA medical, that raise is gone. My cost would be roughly with ALL insurances, dental and vision included, close to $400 a check. So after taxes, maybe I get around $35-$40 from that raise. Suddenly that raise isn't a raise at all now is it. While those of you at LAA that already had the higher cost health care enjoy ALL of that raise. Do you see the difference now? Why wouldn't anybody at LAA want an extra $550 a month? I'll say it again, most LAA have Stockholm Symdrome when it comes to the medical issue. I know you are not advocating for or even suggesting that the LUS folks be forced into the higher cost medical. I am just trying to point out that with that raise if all of Fleet Service are forced into the higher medical in a JCBA, that raise was a smoke screen.

Everyone understands that when it's happening to them, but become dismissive when it's happening to others.

At the moment, it seems many on the LAA side are focused on the Holidays and those types of enhancements because they believe a JCBA only means a plus for us. They don't imagine there could be detrimental changes coming.

What they don't want to understand is that the LUS side is facing big cuts and changes, like the Medical and their current Scope.

Those are two different perspectives to the same negotiations that few are taking the time to consider. We are not being properly informed in order to better understand what is at stake on both ends.

What he hear is that these negotiations are going slow because either the airline or the IAM are stalling the process.

I'm certain if the roles were reversed the LAA folks wouldn't be running towards the knife as some suggest the LUS guys should do so we can reach parity.

While under the watchful eye of the government that had an antitrust lawsuit to block the merger that would have created the world largest airline. The merger was a hot button for the government at that time

CWA/IBT held a very valuable card to play

I don’t disagree at all that they played the hand they were dealt quite poorly. They were told something before crossover and they caved.

But did they make the right or wrong decision is purely left to speculation now. It’s all in the History books.

In my TWU Station there is very little if any general information being given out about the T/A's and no specific information at all. It is my understanding that this is the same in all TWU stations. If I am incorrect, please let me know, but there is almost no information being given out at all. We are under the impression at my station that information cannot be released until all articles have T/A's.

Yes it would be good to have more (any) information. None of the TWU negotiators post on here to my knowledge. Charlie Brown please let the TWU negotiators know that most of us would like some (any) information.

Thank you.

Trying this again any takers? Can Charlie Brown or Prez let the TWU negotiators know we would like to be able to ask questions and get direct updates also?

Are direct updates given or questions answered in MIA or ORD? Those are the 2 stations that I know of where peple read these forums.

CB says they can answer questions and give updates but what about the TWU stations?

Thank you.

you are I got mine. And the aa folks aren’t taking your medical away either. The American Airlines is now by name only . Your us air management team Parker and the boys are the ones wanting to take your medical away not us twu members. So go e mail Parker about how you feel instead of winning to the aa folks who have no say.
I think you are talking about yourself and your LAA coworkers advice but a lot of you whine about holidays, sick time, vacation and overtime.

Take your own advice and contact Doug and stop blaming LUS and the IAM that you don’t have it.

Simply pathetic.

Last edited:
No you don’t know what you’re talking about

Go ahead and show him the facts Tom I know you have them

Don’t waste your time Tom we have the facts. Its simple arithmetic. You should have paid attention in 3rd grade math instead of playing with yourself. 30-19-6= 5 there’s your medical compensation. Now where’s LAA’s compensation for accepting your crappy CS policy and OT rules? Your Lead rules, which is more junk? Manning rules, more pure garbage? You guys always talk about what you’re going to be compensated but you have already gotten the lions share of compensation. Low level airline finally makes it to the big leagues and still not happy, go figure. Your union “weaseled” their way into the association with the help of afl-cio and the worthless nmb (still wondering how much that cost them), all to neutralize the power of the majority. Where's the compensation for that? Unionism at its finest. So yea don’t worry AAers have the facts!

ATD, I have to back weez and CB on this one. Any company side employee will tell you exactly what they know you want to hear. We have them here too. I cannot count the times I have heard from company minions that the unions nego cmte does not know what they are doing, does not know how to nego., do not understand how nego's work, blah, blah, blah. It's all company nego's tactics. You say you trust them, well you better always keep one eye open with them, those are the worse ones that actually get to the members like he has with you, basically, he's done his job successfully with you. They will tell you anything you want to hear all the time. It just like our company telling us that they really do want to come to an agreement with a new contract as soon as possible, been hearing this for years...
CB and Prez may not know it but according to the news I got in August, there was a AIP and LUS health care was agreed to be given up. There really haven't been any executive negotiations with Fleet since August. Remember, our negotiation committee is a committee that sits in another building or down the hall and ins't part of the negotiation executive team. We have ZERO LUS Fleet in our negotiations as neither CB or Prez are as strong as GP and stood up. That's why GP is in there, he stood up for his people and they put him in. But we have only 2 mechanics for LUS fleet. So our committee only gets everything second hand. I'll get it quicker than they will. Believe me I always do. Thankfully, I blocked the last officer election vote because otherwise Sito would have already had a TA. But he isn't TAing anything now until after elections because of the LUS health care giveback.

Ok, that's all I have to say, weez can comment 20 more times in the next 6 pages on this board with all of his hate and IAM Pollyanna stuff as he wants his new gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts