JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again. More excuses for holding funds from the members. When will you guys learn enough to get rid of this BS???

Here we go again. More excuses for holding funds from the members. When will you guys learn enough to get rid of this BS???
Knock it off. We have all had enough of this incompetent representation. Since you don't work here, you have no clue of what we are up against to replace these clowns. The company, the NMB and the TWU are all in bed together. We don't need an outsider sticking their damn nose in here. If we could get a fair unbiased election they would be replaced. Go deal with your 5 year plus negotiations.

This isn't going to be pretty. TWU Members are absolutely irate and understandably so.

There are tax issues before distribution that needs to be addressed. The mechanism to distribute needs to be put in place and after that the Members will then have to deal with the taxes after the distribution.

It may be that more of the Equity is going towards taxes and other expenses than what could actually make it into the Members hands.

This isn't going to be pretty. TWU Members are absolutely irate and understandably so.

There are tax issues before distribution that needs to be addressed. The mechanism to distribute needs to be put in place and after that the Members will then have to deal with the taxes after the distribution.

It may be that more of the Equity is going towards taxes and other expenses than what could actually make it into the Members hands.
all the more reason why they should have done this before the new tax code. Lose Lose

I provided information as was given to me and passed it along. It's second hand. It seemed to spark or trigger the company and the union to respond, and it went viral and brought out some issues. Whether or not you believe it doesn't change the debate.

Yea between the 2 tickets I'd say there are at least a dozen LUS candidates. I haven't counted and I'm not sure who else they may have added to their ballot recently but around 12 or more is a good guess. I mean I hope so since there are 46 total spots on these ballots and I'd like LUS to be represented. But you will have to ask the leader on the District ballot.

What will be important is the votes in April and June, as I anticipate both tickets having substantial Local endorsement qualification strength to not only qualify but to win substantially.

At any rate, you never answered what I have done against the membership or is it that you simply don't like my style? And was there anything you disliked about my involvement in standing up to United TA1 or organizing members at airtran, to protect our Southwest members or directing organizing drives to secure IAM at United? Or engaging democracy at DL in officer elections?
tim,
What you provided was exactly second hand information and cannot be proven accurate. Congrats for finally fessing up to a lie. You still didn't answer the "who" is on those tickets for LUS. You non-answered again with how many. So again, how can you be trusted to be the top dog of the IAM if you can't, or rather, won't answer a direct question. WHO are the LUS folks you duped into running on both the Grand Lodge and the District tickets? Oh I have answerd what you have done against the membership here at LUS. You just have a reading comprehension problem. Please re-read my post. If you would recall I was also opposed to the
UA TA1. With the AirTran drive, wasn't that what ultimately cost you the organizing job? While you were successful in protecting the AirTran folks, you lost your job over it. And we both know why. As far as the UA drive to capture the CO folks, congrats. With the "democracy" for the DL officer elections, all you have done is cost the membership money in pursuit of your power grab because you are still butt hurt over being fired from your cushy organizing gig.

tim,
What you provided was exactly second hand information and cannot be proven accurate. Congrats for finally fessing up to a lie. You still didn't answer the "who" is on those tickets for LUS. You non-answered again with how many. So again, how can you be trusted to be the top dog of the IAM if you can't, or rather, won't answer a direct question. WHO are the LUS folks you duped into running on both the Grand Lodge and the District tickets? Oh I have answerd what you have done against the membership here at LUS. You just have a reading comprehension problem. Please re-read my post. If you would recall I was also opposed to the
UA TA1. With the AirTran drive, wasn't that what ultimately cost you the organizing job? While you were successful in protecting the AirTran folks, you lost your job over it. And we both know why. As far as the UA drive to capture the CO folks, congrats. With the "democracy" for the DL officer elections, all you have done is cost the membership money in pursuit of your power grab because you are still butt hurt over being fired from your cushy organizing gig.
lol. Well that was a good one PJ. You might want to go back and check your sources on everything you said. Maybe start with the messenger that had an article thanking me and my organizing team for all of the success at AirTran. As far as elections, I believe democracy is worth the cost and fundamental to unions. So I disagree with you and I also disagree with the sitting officers who feel entitled. If they didn't want elections, then they just shouldn't run and the challengers will win unopponsed. Deal?

H
Don't think the new tax code could be used as an excuse in this matter.
Well, it can and it is, but it's a lousy excuse and few bought it. I hope the leaders can resolve this because that letter incited a massive amount of anger. It was a knee jerk response to me calling the guy out on Friday. Not even his best supporters had his back as I went ape shiat on Mayes so he could feel me. Then I got a phone call that I pissed him and some dude named Alex off and that they would put out a letter within 24 hours. I commented about this on the FB group and told the TWU peeps I received information that there would be a letter. Some said I was full of it because the TWU doesn't work on Saturday. But I got my key people and I knew Mayes flipped out with a Barbie Tantrum after I dogged the hell out of him for blabbing his mouth about the $1,000 but pocketing the equity. Members wanted to know.

Of course, Mayes and Alex' biggest Pollyanna has not surprisingly "Left the Arena", my dear friend Weez. Seems all of the BS weez has been spreading around here is finally getting "Rooted Out". I think weez is an honest man that the morons just prey on because he was way out in left field when he bought GP's BS that he would fix everything and have a TA by January. And Weez has been wrong all along about what Alex tells him about the equity. Alex just uses him to post false information.
He listens to idiots at the IAM who promised him a gig in FLL off the job is what I was told. Alex didn't have to promise Weez anything because Alex is in Sito's pocket. I thought he was going to wet his pants when Sito strong armed him to speak at the TWU convention.

Sito talked real big about tossing the company proposal in the trash can. Seems as if after 4 months went by and the company calling BS, that Sito had to reach back into the trash can and finally answer the proposal. Sito doesn't have much longer, he is going to suffer a painful defeat in April.

At any rate, hopefully Weez will learn from the error of his ways but I guess nobody can stop him from embarrassing himself.

Last edited:
Tim,
Sito at the TWU convention in LAS:

And from his remarks it sounds like the IAM also had a convention going on at the Mirage during the same time. Do they ever do anything but go to conventions?

Josh

Tim,
Sito at the TWU convention in LAS:

And from his remarks it sounds like the IAM also had a convention going on at the Mirage during the same time. Do they ever do anything but go to conventions?

Josh
The IAM Union Boss Martinez went to 22 conventions and 15 retirement parties. His duties under the constitution say that he is the Chief Organizer and responsible for organizing. Can't organize when you are going to 37 social events. But guys like PJ really don't mind that some of our union bosses have bagged $750,000 a year in total compensation plus have hired their sons, daughters, ex wife, etc. PJ really doesn't mind that Sito has tossed every single airline contract over a cliff regarding health care since the United fiasco. Not just at United but McGee, United Express, and just last month, that jackoff signed a Railway deal that raises their health care between 200%-300%, but PJ thinks that somehow that LUS is the golden child and that Sito will not spar his health care. PJ will be personally responsible for this mess, BIGTIME, if somehow Sito stays. Sad

Ok seriously how pathetic are some of you people? And people tell me to get a life?

I told you guys I was jumping off here weeks ago and now all I’m hearing is Forums has become “Weez Weez Weez Weez Weez”

71FF5FC7-652D-4936-8487-6FD8A27E1E5E.jpeg

Reactions: robbedagain
H
Well, it can and it is, but it's a lousy excuse and few bought it. I hope the leaders can resolve this because that letter incited a massive amount of anger. It was a knee jerk response to me calling the guy out on Friday. Not even his best supporters had his back as I went ape shiat on Mayes so he could feel me. Then I got a phone call that I pissed him and some dude named Alex off and that they would put out a letter within 24 hours. I commented about this on the FB group and told the TWU peeps I received information that there would be a letter. Some said I was full of it because the TWU doesn't work on Saturday. But I got my key people and I knew Mayes flipped out with a Barbie Tantrum after I dogged the hell out of him for blabbing his mouth about the $1,000 but pocketing the equity. Members wanted to know.

Of course, Mayes and Alex' biggest Pollyanna has not surprisingly "Left the Arena", my dear friend Weez. Seems all of the BS weez has been spreading around here is finally getting "Rooted Out". I think weez is an honest man that the morons just prey on because he was way out in left field when he bought GP's BS that he would fix everything and have a TA by January. And Weez has been wrong all along about what Alex tells him about the equity. Alex just uses him to post false information.
He listens to idiots at the IAM who promised him a gig in FLL off the job is what I was told. Alex didn't have to promise Weez anything because Alex is in Sito's pocket. I thought he was going to wet his pants when Sito strong armed him to speak at the TWU convention.

Sito talked real big about tossing the company proposal in the trash can. Seems as if after 4 months went by and the company calling BS, that Sito had to reach back into the trash can and finally answer the proposal. Sito doesn't have much longer, he is going to suffer a painful defeat in April.

At any rate, hopefully Weez will learn from the error of his ways but I guess nobody can stop him from embarrassing himself.

Please explain how:

Capital Gains Tax Rate
Capital gains are the profits realized from the sale of assets such as stocks or real estate.

Previous law: The profits on the sale of assets held for more than one year are eligible for a tax break. Turbo Tax explains the 2017 tax rates this way for the profits gained from the sale of such assets: “For 2017, the long-term capital gains tax rates are 0, 15, and 20 percent for most taxpayers. If your ordinary tax rate is already less than 15 percent, you could qualify for the zero percent long-term capital gains rate. For high-income taxpayers, the capital gains rate could save as much as 19.6 percent off the ordinary income rate.”

New law: No changes.

Please explain how:

Capital Gains Tax Rate
Capital gains are the profits realized from the sale of assets such as stocks or real estate.

Previous law: The profits on the sale of assets held for more than one year are eligible for a tax break. Turbo Tax explains the 2017 tax rates this way for the profits gained from the sale of such assets: “For 2017, the long-term capital gains tax rates are 0, 15, and 20 percent for most taxpayers. If your ordinary tax rate is already less than 15 percent, you could qualify for the zero percent long-term capital gains rate. For high-income taxpayers, the capital gains rate could save as much as 19.6 percent off the ordinary income rate.”

New law: No changes.

Yes absolutely. That letter that Mike Mayes put out just made zero sense at all when trying to explain those taxes.

I have to agree with you 100% even if you are a total and complete piece of garbage.

You should hit him all over the place on Facebook. It certainly does help all of us in the JCBA talks if you undermine his intelligence and credibility I would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts