JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
And IMO no one should EVER be fired for a mistake or human error even if it cost the company a boatload of money. Even if it's carelessness unless it's habitual. People don't make "mistakes" on purpose. And I even mean for issues of anger or prejudice. That's what they have psychiatrist's and anger management programs to try to help people for.

WeAAsles said:
You just hit my #1. Strong job protection and grievance language hopefully on an expedited basis. Without that what good is money if you lose your job.

And if held out of service you're paid pending the outcome of an investigation. I hear that you don't have that on your side rat and to me that gives management the control to stall which certainly doesn't work for me.

So, since you loved the United agreement,  I really have no idea what you mean by job protection.  Remember, their full time job protection only is good for anyone who has more than 17 years [april, 1999].  Unlike the CWA and other unions, they walked away from DOS protections.  

They didn't negotiate a real contract, just negotiated an amendment.  And as far as scope [you do know that scope is different from job protection, yes?] it's only for 28 stations and with a 35 flight limit.  Just for reference, our combined scope has 40 stations and the CWA has all stations with 5 flights. 

So, are you are advocating for a flight activity of 35 flights, no full time protections for anyone without 17 years, and no part time restrictions, then I'd say that your 'job protection ideas' are just hot air.  Why don't you walk over to MIA United and see who is working their flights?  You might want to count to see if they have 35 flights a day as well.  Easy for you to claim job protection when you are in a hub but your past comments make it clear that you are all about the money.

I already know that you are a yes vote if there is anything more than $28.  I am 100% certain of it.

regards,

Reactions: 5 people
Tim Nelson said:

So, since you loved the United agreement,  I really have no idea what you mean by job protection.  Remember, their full time job protection only is good for anyone who has more than 17 years [april, 1999].  Unlike the CWA and other unions, they walked away from DOS protections.  

They didn't negotiate a real contract, just negotiated an amendment.  And as far as scope [you do know that scope is different from job protection, yes?] it's only for 28 stations and with a 35 flight limit.  Just for reference, our combined scope has 40 stations and the CWA has all stations with 5 flights. 

So, are you are advocating for a flight activity of 35 flights, no full time protections for anyone without 17 years, and no part time restrictions, then I'd say that your 'job protection ideas' are just hot air.  Why don't you walk over to MIA United and see who is working their flights?  You might want to count to see if they have 35 flights a day as well.  Easy for you to claim job protection when you are in a hub but your past comments make it clear that you are all about the money.

I already know that you are a yes vote if there is anything more than $28.  I am 100% certain of it.

regards,

The topic of this thread is:

This thread was made to discuss that topic and that topic only. This is not a UAL thread and there is another area of the board where that can be discussed.

This thread was made to discuss that topic and that topic only. This is not a UAL thread and there is another area of the board where that can be discussed.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
And IMO no one should EVER be fired for a mistake or human error even if it cost the company a boatload of money. Even if it's carelessness unless it's habitual. People don't make "mistakes" on purpose. And I even mean for issues of anger or prejudice. That's what they have psychiatrist's and anger management programs to try to help people for.
The irony is that the people that are involved in a legit accident (as in no willful negligence or intent) would probably be your safest employees of all...

Kev3188 said:
The irony is that the people that are involved in a legit accident (as in no willful negligence or intent) would probably be your safest employees of all...
Absolutely. In 21 years I can't say that I have been completely focused every time I've been on the clock. And as much as every corporation wants you to leave your personal issues at home. You can't leave your mind in the house like you would an umbrella.

I wish it was that easy.

I am and I agree, so what do you mean when you say Job protection? And regarding fleet service negotiations, you continue to say United + 3 and talk about other fleet service trends that shouldbenefit our negotiations, so you can't have it both ways. Isolating any talk of our negotiations and turning a blind eye to the industry is silly, right?

At any rate, I see what you meant with job protections earlier so I assume you will be fine with 35 flight caps. I disagree with you as always.

regards,

Reactions: 4 people
Tim Nelson said:
I am and I agree, so what do you mean when you say Job protection? And regarding fleet service negotiations, you continue to say United + 3 and talk about other fleet service trends that shouldbenefit our negotiations, so you can't have it both ways. Isolating any talk of our negotiations and turning a blind eye to the industry is silly, right?At any rate, I see what you meant with job protections earlier so I assume you will be fine with 35 flight caps. I disagree with you as always.regards,

Now Mr Nelson is making an assumption of what is acceptable or in my head regarding flight activivity regarding OUR AA negotiations. I have not ever commented on the subject actually and feel that issue is best suited to the fine Gentleman who are sitting at the table across from the company to find an agreement on.

One that will ultimately be decided by the majority of the membership. And not a clown who may make a video with a laundry basket and a beer in hand.

Can we get back to the subject now with no further foolish distractions?

Now Mr Nelson is making an assumption of what is acceptable or in my head regarding flight activivity regarding OUR AA negotiations. I have not ever commented on the subject actually and feel that issue is best suited to the fine Gentleman who are sitting at the table across from the company to find an agreement on.

One that will ultimately be decided by the majority of the membership. And not a clown who may make a video with a laundry basket and a beer in hand.

Can we get back to the subject now with no further foolish distractions?
well then, if you are going to restrict JCBA conversation to only those in negotiations then why do you continually state your position of United + 3%? What's wrong with stating your other positions?

Regarding JCBA job protection, I asked you to clarify since you are the one who brought it up. Your previous comments suggest that you are fine with a 35 flight activity limit, provided you get the cash grab.

Remember, you can pick and choose the items you want to talk about regarding JCBA but I will check you on your previous positions, all day long.

regards,

Reactions: 3 people
Tim Nelson said:
well then, if you are going to restrict JCBA conversation to only those in negotiations then why do you continually state your position of United + 3%? What's wrong with stating your other positions?

Regarding JCBA job protection, I asked you to clarify since you are the one who brought it up. Your previous comments suggest that you are fine with a 35 flight activity limit, provided you get the cash grab.

Remember, you can pick and choose the items you want to talk about regarding JCBA but I will check you on your previous positions, all day long.

regards,
Mr Nelson if you go back in the other thread you will see that I have NEVER discussed flight activity. I think flight activity is an antiquated way for us to staff and be compensated in certain locations. What I have discussed is "Average Revenue Generation"

If you are looking for me to state a position although I highly doubt that it would ever be implemented. My position would be that all stations currently held are grandfathered in at the TOP rate we will soon receive, and from there we compete to open or reopen locations based on the average revenue that the company has generated back in a 12 month period. That would create guaranteed opportunities for there not to be one single city that is staffed with any subcontractors at all. 

Now I doubt that you can really understand what I am proposing but again if you go back and peruse the last thread you can read my opinions, write them down, and come back later with whatever questions you might have? 

For now though I'm off to work. Have a nice day and don't drink too much ok.  

The other thread was moved because of the wide range of topics discussed AND the fighting between you two.

I started this thread so we could discuss the specifics related to the threads TITLE as much as possible.

Could I please scroll through the comments and post without having to continually run across the bickering you two do back and forth.

PLEASE!!

It makes one want to go to school and get his moderators license!

Reactions: 2 people
AANOTOK said:
The other thread was moved because of the wide range of topics discussed AND the fighting between you two.

I started this thread so we could discuss the specifics related to the threads TITLE as much as possible.

Could I please scroll through the comments and post without having to continually run across the bickering you two do back and forth.

PLEASE!!

It makes one want to go to school and get his moderators license!
AA I'm 100% in agreement. Why do you think I am at least trying to stear it back to relevant conversation?

If you want I'll make the sacrifice and ignore Tim and he can try to paint any picture he wants about me and others can say "Does Dave really think that way"

Basically you want me to keep my arms down while the other guy punches me in the face.

Tim Nelson said:

regards,

He is an idiot, don't bother discussing anything with him. When he disagrees he gets stuck and bitter.  Be like that other guy, NYer and stop conversing with him.  I wouldn't be surprised if management planted him on these sites.

Reactions: 3 people
Other People said:
He is an idiot, don't bother discussing anything with him. When he disagrees he gets stuck and bitter.  Be like that other guy, NYer and stop conversing with him.  I wouldn't be surprised if management planted him on these sites.
I agree.

Now as AANOTOK said can we get back to the topic of conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts