JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
DallasConehead said:
I disagree. I dont think any of us are being overpaid. We are all underpaid. Especially when compared to pay and bonuses of executives.

Additionally, its ridiculous to draw the conclusion that pensions are gone because of mechanic pay.

Finally, in all areas of careers there are those that are more skilled and have better ethics the others.

To make the suggestion that one should be paid more then another based on ability suggest that maybe management is a career path.

Edit: Ooopps! Didnt realize I was posting in the fleet thread.. I take it all back.
This from a guy who was installing car alarms 5 years ago. Spent all his tip money at the foodtruck

Worldport said:
The combination of DL's problems and airport construction  it is taking 2 hours to get from employee lot to terminals at LGA
Transfer to FLL you loopy bird. I heard they park directly in the Terminal.

Worldport said:
This from a guy who was installing car alarms 5 years ago. Spent all his tip money at the foodtruck

Well,, you know, some those food trucks are pretty darn tasty. And,, car alarms weren't that lucrative, car and boat stereos pay better.

ATD said:
I think a lot of mechanics are over paid also. But if the company is willing to pay. I am sure they know what they are doing. just like all the companies that had pensions and let them go due to their cost.
Wrong. Our professional AA mechanics are by far NOT overpaid. As a matter of fact if I knew that the plane I was supposed to fly was not worked on by one of them, I would have great hesitation in wanting to fly on it.

IMO if you think anyone is overpaid it's because you have serious doubts that you now deserve the money you're making.

A man who doubts he's worth what he's compensated means he really might not be worth that money? I might not want to fly on a bird you worked on either.

CONGRATULATIONS to our Maintenance professionals again. It was a long time coming and you deserve it all and more.

Reactions: 1 person
DallasConehead said:

Well,, you know, some those food trucks are pretty darn tasty. And,, car alarms weren't that lucrative, car and boat stereos pay better.
Conehead it's funny the AMTS crap on you and then you come over and crap on fleet, very funny

bob@las-AA said:

You better hurry up and get all the education that is required for upper management, because most likely your over 50 and don't have a lot of time left.

Your right, way over. I can say with conviction to new kids coming in, they would do better to get educations in business management.  I wouldn't suggest my career path to anyone unless they just didn't have a choice. JMHO

it doesn't take much to get you guys off track. I look at this site as a fun way to be completely politically incorrect and have fun but you guys take this to seriously. I am out.

DallasConehead said:
I disagree. I dont think any of us are being overpaid. We are all underpaid. Especially when compared to pay and bonuses of executives.

Additionally, its ridiculous to draw the conclusion that pensions are gone because of mechanic pay.

Finally, in all areas of careers there are those that are more skilled and have better ethics the others.

To make the suggestion that one should be paid more then another based on ability suggest that maybe management is a career path.

Edit: Ooopps! Didnt realize I was posting in the fleet thread.. I take it all back.
Would he be fair to say a avionics is to an AMT like a chiropractor is to a MD?

DallasConehead said:

Your right, way over. I can say with conviction to new kids coming in, they would do better to get educations in business management.  I wouldn't suggest my career path to anyone unless they just didn't have a choice. JMHO
Yeah almost $50 an hour is dead end job

ATD said:
it doesn't take much to get you guys off track. I look at this site as a fun way to be completely politically incorrect and have fun but you guys take this to seriously. I am out.
Don't let the door hit you on the way if you think our career and how we raise and feed our families is something you should make fun of.

Especially since we all rode on the same boat.

Worldport said:
Conehead it's funny the AMTS crap on you and then you come over and crap on fleet, very funny

Happy to be of service. I'll go away now, thanks for the laughs, and thanks David for the kind words directed towards mechanics.  I'm fairly sure you weren't directing them at me, but, its all good.

Worldport said:
Yeah almost $50 an hour is dead end job

Yea, it only took more then 30 years to get there. Its been long haul, I think the same is true for all of us. I'm relaxing now, put in a few more and get out.

Ok,, have a good day fellas.

Edit: BTW, congrats to you guys on getting a well deserved raise. I don't envy what you guys do.

DallasConehead said:
Happy to be of service. I'll go away now, thanks for the laughs, and thanks David for the kind words directed towards mechanics.  I'm fairly sure you weren't directing them at me, but, its all good.
YES. You too. All of you.

ATD   as a FSA we have a helluva lot of responsibilities while the aircraft is on the ground at the gate   not to mention if FSA damages a plane  its a lot of crap involved including jobs on the line.   Ive seen quite a fair share of damages and only couple peeps here and there fired for it.   may be youre the one who is completely over paid to do nothing

robbedagain said:
ATD   as a FSA we have a helluva lot of responsibilities while the aircraft is on the ground at the gate   not to mention if FSA damages a plane  its a lot of crap involved including jobs on the line.   Ive seen quite a fair share of damages and only couple peeps here and there fired for it.   may be youre the one who is completely over paid to do nothing
https://youtu.be/7BXT-02AtYA

Status
Not open for further replies.