JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
DallasConehead said:
Thankyou David.. lets hug and sing kumbuya .

I heard, so, hearsay, Teamsters at ups asked for 75/ hr and company offered 62.
Hey Conehead I don't see a Avionics scale you can't possibly be on the AMT scale

Worldport said:
No it's 100 degrees up here my brain is fried
if you were dumb enough to have ordered those button down uniform shirt like I it's more like 120

AANOTOK said:
Did you see a formula? Mechanics had one.
I think that lump sum is the amount of an increase they would be getting yearly on that chart? The numbers are very high for just an interim check making up the difference in pay.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
I think that lump sum is the amount of an increase they would be getting yearly on that chart? The numbers are very high for just an interim check making up the difference in pay.
Weez make some phone calls or we will have to wait for Tim's interpretation which is usually spot on 

Reactions: 1 person
Worldport said:
Weez make some phone calls or we will have to wait for Tim's interpretation which is usually spot on
Filter or NYer should be by soon...maybe CB or P Rez

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
That was not directed at you MetalMover. I was simply using your post to "kick off" my post.

As far as you seeing things a little more realistically than me, would you care to elaborate on that?
Gotcha...it seemed directed at my post..  The "realistic" part of my post was mainly in reference to UPS and FedEx mechanics. They have surpassed us in pay by leaps and bounds because, as I believe, there are less of them. I know we all do the same work on the same flying machines, but their numbers are a fraction of what ours are. As I said, I believe UPS has part time mechanics and they outsource alot of work. I just don't believe we will ever catch up to them because of these factors. 

AANOTOK said:
Did you see a formula? Mechanics had one.

The formula in their agreement is not to cover the same issue for Fleet. In reading their agreement, for example the MCT, they go from 5 steps to about 9 steps. The first 4 steps seem to be lower then the current step and the lump sum they seem to be getting is to make up for that difference. 

OLD :    1st Step   31.36              NEW RATES: 1st   25.03
           2nd Step 31.87                                 2nd  29.16 
           3rd Step  32.34                                 3rd  31.02
           4th Step  32.99                                 4th  31.50
           5th Step  37.67                                 5th  32.70
                                                                  6th  35.56
                                                                  7th  37.85
                                                                  8th  43.16
                                                                  9th  45.36
                                                                 10th 52.08

6. "If the employee's current hourly rate exceeds the Top of Scale (TOS) rate outlined in Attachment A, he/she will be "red circled".

7. "For employees covered by Paragraph 6 above, they will receive a one-time lump sum payment equivalent to 23% of the employee's annual base earnings based on a 2080 hour work schedule."

Again, that is what it looks like to, not an official explanation. 

Status
Not open for further replies.