JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
MetalMover said:
Gotcha...it seemed directed at my post..  The "realistic" part of my post was mainly in reference to UPS and FedEx mechanics. They have surpassed us in pay by leaps and bounds because, as I believe, there are less of them. I know we all do the same work on the same flying machines, but their numbers are a fraction of what ours are. As I said, I believe UPS has part time mechanics and they outsource alot of work. I just don't believe we will ever catch up to them because of these factors. 

Another major difference is they don't haul passengers

MetalMover said:
The "realistic" part of my post was mainly in reference to UPS and FedEx mechanics. They have surpassed us in pay by leaps and bounds because, as I believe, there are less of them. I know we all do the same work on the same flying machines, but their numbers are a fraction of what ours are. As I said, I believe UPS has part time mechanics and they outsource alot of work. I just don't believe we will ever catch up to them because of these factors. 
The key word I see in your post is surpassed.  That pay discrepancy exist NOW. Did it always or is that a result of giving up pay and benefits in an attempt to keep headcount over decades of so called "negotiations"?

Realityck said:
Another major difference is they don't haul passengers
True.

I'd be curious to see the difference in work rules from UPS/FedEx to AA. They have the rep of being hard asses on the people delivering the pkgs 

Reactions: 1 person
cltrat said:
I'd be curious to see the difference in work rules from UPS/FedEx to AA. They have the rep of being hard asses on the people delivering the pkgs

FedEx drivers are non union. Yes they are hard on them (from personal experience) UPS Union drivers. Paid very well but also hard on them. They audit the individual drivers with a stop watch following them on their routes occasionally. Seriously.

Page 152. But they also get a COLA or Regional pay. That's their BASE rate.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
The key word I see in your post is surpassed.  That pay discrepancy exist NOW. Did it always or is that a result of giving up pay and benefits in an attempt to keep headcount over decades of so called "negotiations"?

True.
My feeling has always been that the TWU has force fed us contracts using the layoff scare tactics. Contract after contract decade over decade, they have told us we better vote them in or else they're will be layoffs and more outsourcing. So look at us now...more outsourcing than ever and LAA mechanic headcount peaked at the mid 12000's. The latest title 1 count is 7401 and that includes cleaners and osm's. 
So I ask the question, where has all these concessionary contracts gotten us? I won't even bring up cabin service. Remember that group?

WeAAsles said:
FedEx drivers are non union. Yes they are hard on them (from personal experience) UPS Union drivers. Paid very well but also hard on them. They audit the individual drivers with a stop watch following them on their routes occasionally. Seriously.

Page 152. But they also get a COLA or Regional pay. That's their BASE rate.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf
I know a UPS local driver. The company does random checks on vehicles and will even get on them for heavy clutch usage (as in "riding" the clutch.)

MetalMover said:
I know a UPS local driver. The company does random checks on vehicles and will even get on them for heavy clutch usage (as in "riding" the clutch.)
FedEx.

25 years ago I had a manager go on a check ride with me because he was wondering why I was coming back to the Station late with so many unscanned letters. After the ride he took stops off me because he saw all the shortcuts I was taking to "try" to get the work done.

End of the year evaluation I was rewarded. He gave me a .25 cent raise.

Ever wonder why I'm SO pro Union. There you have it.

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
I was just informed by a "rad cool dude" that the Q and A's should hopefully be out tomorrow.
I guess they are gonna do it after the stock market closes or the still of the night. (No, not a Whitesnake reference)

I wish the Association would be prepared when they make announcements...It's seems clusterfu**ish at times.

WeAAsles said:
25 years ago I had a manager go on a check ride with me because he was wondering why I was coming back to the Station late with so many unscanned letters. After the ride he took stops off me because he saw all the shortcuts I was taking to "try" to get the work done.

Freight carriers have their own forum...take it there!...just kidding.

AANOTOK said:
I guess they are gonna do it after the stock market closes or the still of the night. (No, not a Whitesnake reference)

I wish the Association would be prepared when they make announcements...It's seems clusterfu**ish at times.
I'm not in a hurry. Like I said a ways back. Nice to see people grumbling about something positive for a change over the usual and expected negatives.

I'm even seeing and hearing people go after people who are complaining about something they don't like in the deal. Loving that.

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
FedEx.

Even then you were blowing up your phone and missing packages,you ungrateful wretch C'mon Weez I'm hot and irritable and the Mets blow

Worldport said:
Even then you were blowing up your phone and missing packages,you ungrateful wretch C'mon Weez I'm hot and irritable and the Mets blow

From what I was being paid by Fedex I could barely afford the $1.00 loaf of Semolina Italian bread I took to work with me everyday.

Except for the incredible Christmas tips and occasionally being called for a pickup at IMG Model agency in the Flatiron building, nothing but BAD memories.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatiron_Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts