JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest we focus less on compensation for the first day of a sick call, for example, and focus more on the long term preservation of our class and craft. We are predictable. Therefore; we remain vulnerable in contract negotiations. There is a price to be paid, when the group lacks the understanding, of long term thinking and goals. A group likely to be lead to the slaughter. Unfortunately, I have not seen any evidence to date, that leads me to believe we will change course as a collective group. Bump in pay? you got it. Full compensation for first day of sick call? you got it. Concessions in scope protection, part time ratio and health coverage? you got that too. Fertile ground for a repeat of what happened at UA. The enemy is ourselves. This JCBA represents an opportunity to change the tide. I suggest we take it. Many important Articles remain on the table. For the sake of many of my co workers and members, who have many more years to work, I hope we start thinking long term.

Reactions: 1 person
ograc said:
I suggest we focus less on compensation for the first day of a sick call, for example, and focus more on the long term preservation of our class and craft. We are predictable. Therefore; we remain vulnerable in contract negotiations. There is a price to be paid, when the group lacks the understanding, of long term thinking and goals. A group likely to be lead to the slaughter. Unfortunately, I have not seen any evidence to date, that leads me to believe we will change course as a collective group. Bump in pay? you got it. Full compensation for first day of sick call? you got it. Concessions in scope protection, part time ratio and health coverage? you got that too. Fertile ground for a repeat of what happened at UA. The enemy is ourselves. This JCBA represents an opportunity to change the tide. I suggest we take it. Many important Articles remain on the table. For the sake of many of my co workers and members, who have many more years to work, I hope we start thinking long term.

Why can't we focus on everything? Are we that shortsighted you think that we can't concentrate on making sure that your Station and its members are as much of a priority as anything else?

If I worked in a small station this is what I would ask on this thread.

"Please take into consideration Station Staffing language as myself and the people I work with would prefer to remain where we are. We have families that are working and going to school and it would be a tremendous strain to have to either commute or uproot them. I personally appreciate your consideration on this issue and know that we're all brothers. And I also take into account your personal wants and needs that I know are also just as important to you"

Why can't we focus on everything? Are we that shortsighted you think that we can't concentrate on making sure that your Station and its members are as much of a priority as anything else?

If I worked in a small station this is what I would ask on this thread.

"Please take into consideration Station Staffing language as myself and the people I work with would prefer to remain where we are. We have families that are working and going to school and it would be a tremendous strain to have to either commute or uproot them. I personally appreciate your consideration on this issue and know that we're all brothers. And I also take into account your personal wants and needs that I know are also just as important to you"
You don't know anything do you? First off, have you ever held any union office, ever? You have been wrong about 100% of the time on all of your goofy predictions, but more importantly you don't seem to learn or listen to those who have a good understanding of what is going on nor do you offer any solid alternatives when you disagree with anybody else [which is everybody]. Picking up where 700 left off may make you 701 but it doesn't make you any more knowledgeable. Your knowledge of labor is a complete disaster. That said, I do admit that we need your anti union opinion to bounce things off of.

Let me suggest that you come to this site to educate yourself and start paying attention to what Kev says or ograc says instead of assuming that they only see the glass half full. Sheesh! With the amount of time that you spend on here, I wonder if you have any friends or if this is your only social interaction for the day.

Reactions: 3 people
Tim Nelson said:
You don't know anything do you? First off, have you ever held any union office, ever? You have been wrong about 100% of the time on all of your goofy predictions, but more importantly you don't seem to learn or listen to those who have a good understanding of what is going on nor do you offer any solid alternatives when you disagree with anybody else [which is everybody]. Picking up where 700 left off may make you 701 but it doesn't make you any more knowledgeable. Your knowledge of labor is a complete disaster. That said, I do admit that we need your anti union opinion to bounce things off of.Let me suggest that you come to this site to educate yourself and start paying attention to what Kev says or ograc says instead of assuming that they only see the glass half full. Sheesh! With the amount of time that you spend on here, I wonder if you have any friends or if this is your only social interaction for the day.

Goodness. I wasn't even addressing you and here you come full bore frontal assault at me? I'm beginning to believe that you may have a personal issue or something there Tim? Did I do something to miff you? You know I'm a very sensitive person and you're hurting my feelings.

It's very funny when Bluto drops in to call you DOOSH though. DOOSH, too funny.

Weren't you also the guy who said "The window of opportunity has closed" after the BREXIT vote? LMAO. Chicken Little, the sky is falling.

Goodness. I wasn't even addressing you and here you come full bore frontal assault at me? I'm beginning to believe that you may have a personal issue or something there Tim? Did I do something to miff you? You know I'm a very sensitive person and you're hurting my feelings.

It's very funny when Bluto drops in to call you DOOSH though. DOOSH, too funny.

Weren't you also the guy who said "The window of opportunity has closed" after the BREXIT vote? LMAO. Chicken Little, the sky is falling.
It has closed. Nothing has been TA'd since May. Parker himself gave us the money but needed the cross utilization. A slight bummer that the LAA side increased scale steps by 2 but overall a good deal. Hey I'm not complaining, I think we did pretty well but it's going to be tough getting anything else.

I was just busting your balls that's all, although I really don't think you take anything personal. You shouldn't. Now pass the damn creamer for my coffee...please.

Tim Nelson said:
It has closed. Nothing has been TA'd since May. Parker himself gave us the money but needed the cross utilization. A slight bummer that the LAA side increased scale steps by 2 but overall a good deal. Hey I'm not complaining, I think we did pretty well but it's going to be tough getting anything else.I was just busting your balls that's all, although I really don't think you take anything personal. You shouldn't. Now pass the damn creamer for my coffee...please.
You certainly are a fascinating psychological case study Tim. Why would anyone take anything personal off of Social Media? That's a little weird.

But no, the window has not closed. The reality is simple. The negotiators are up to the more tangible financial articles now. They're sinking their teeth into the meat now. It was bound to happen that things would slow down when it got to this point.

If the window of opportunity was closed the company wouldn't still be scheduling so many weeks of meetings. As you've noted they're not in Section 6 so they don't have to continue with so many dates if they weren't still wanting to wrap this up. You have to consider common sense when you think about these things Tim.

I'll still stand with this will be wrapped up by the end of the year. I "think" you'll keep your medical for one more year and we'll keep ours for one more? But the two sides can make an arrangement on that if they're willing. But with that CWA news I doubt we'll see any medical plan changes till the enrollment period opens for 2018 medical in Oct of 2017?

Tim Nelson said:
It has closed. Nothing has been TA'd since May. Parker himself gave us the money but needed the cross utilization. A slight bummer that the LAA side increased scale steps by 2 but overall a good deal. Hey I'm not complaining, I think we did pretty well but it's going to be tough getting anything else.I was just busting your balls that's all, although I really don't think you take anything personal. You shouldn't. Now pass the damn creamer for my coffee...please.
Actually (for now at least) those members who are in cities that start higher up the scale because of Airport minimums are seeing even more of a personal hit.

People here in MIA started on the 3rd step and were going to top out in 6 years. Now they won't top out for 11 years if the scale remains. People who topped out before the deal was signed are ok and were Grandfathered. But a guy who was topping out say at the end of the month just got 5 more years tacked on. Ouch.

Those peeps are a little pissed.

You certainly are a fascinating psychological case study Tim. Why would anyone take anything personal off of Social Media? That's a little weird.

But no, the window has not closed. The reality is simple. The negotiators are up to the more tangible financial articles now. They're sinking their teeth into the meat now. It was bound to happen that things would slow down when it got to this point.

If the window of opportunity was closed the company wouldn't still be scheduling so many weeks of meetings. As you've noted they're not in Section 6 so they don't have to continue with so many dates if they weren't still wanting to wrap this up. You have to consider common sense when you think about these things Tim.

I'll still stand with this will be wrapped up by the end of the year. I "think" you'll keep your medical for one more year and we'll keep ours for one more? But the two sides can make an arrangement on that if they're willing. But with that CWA news I doubt we'll see any medical plan changes till the enrollment period opens for 2018 medical in Oct of 2017?
Hmmm. You just cranked on ograc for not being all inclusive on talks, yet you have already written off LUS medical as a concession in 2018. Why so negative? I'm not interested in compromising LUS medical unless we get a lot more than its worth in other ways. Why wouldn't the company still want to negotiate? It wants LUS medical. That said, I really really hope you are right this time with your swami predictions because if we get a contract prior to the end of the year then it could only mean big big increases cuz nobody on the LUS side should really be interested in cost neutral.

As for me, I get nothing if we fight for scope and health care as I will only have me on my health care and I work in a hub, BUT, we have to protect the work we have now prior to dabbling with the unborn, and why give up LUS health care when it survived bankruptcy? Leave it alone Louie!!

Tim Nelson said:
Hmmm. You just cranked on ograc for not being all inclusive on talks, yet you have already written off LUS medical as a concession in 2018. Why so negative? I'm not interested in compromising LUS medical unless we get a lot more than its worth in other ways. Why wouldn't the company still want to negotiate? It wants LUS medical. That said, I really really hope you are right this time with your swami predictions because if we get a contract prior to the end of the year then it could only mean big big increases cuz nobody on the LUS side should really be interested in cost neutral.As for me, I get nothing if we fight for scope and health care as I will only have me on my health care and I work in a hub, BUT, we have to protect the work we have now prior to dabbling with the unborn, and why give up LUS health care when it survived bankruptcy? Leave it alone Louie!!

Tim you didn't look at my dates. I didn't concede your medical for 2018, I conceded it for us for 2017 since benefits enrollment is coming up in less than two months. I just think we're out of time.

I've already stated multiple times that I think we'll eventually all be under your plan? If the argument against the company is that your plan is cheaper for both us and AA how can they argue against that? AA is self insured. The rates we pay (20% of the "supposed" total costs) are bogus IMO. I think the old AA was overcharging us to gain back cost savings for what they paid us in other areas. LUS was also self insured but they had to match the plan shown to them and couldn't rip you off so easily because a better and cheaper plan was presented.

IMO if we all eventually wound up with the sub par LAA plan we would again be subsidizing our own raises to a degree.

Those at AA with families who took the top tier plan are paying $600.00 per month. That means AA is claiming that plan cost them $3000.00 per month or $36,000 per year? That's one hell of a Cadillac plan there.

And no. As a single guy also medical cost is not my personal #1 priority. My priority now since we got the raises is JOBS. Jobs because I want to move further up the ladder and secure the best shifts and days off. So yes obviously I support Station Staffing, securing work, gaining more work and hopefully a buyout to shake some older leaves from the tree.

WeAAsles said:
Tim you didn't look at my dates. I didn't concede your medical for 2018, I conceded it for us for 2017 since benefits enrollment is coming up in less than two months. I just think we're out of time.
I've already stated multiple times that I think we'll eventually all be under your plan? If the argument against the company is that your plan is cheaper for both us and AA how can they argue against that? AA is self insured. The rates we pay (20% of the "supposed" total costs) are bogus IMO. I think the old AA was overcharging us to gain back cost savings for what they paid us in other areas. LUS was also self insured but they had to match the plan shown to them and couldn't rip you off so easily because a better and cheaper plan was presented.
IMO if we all eventually wound up with the sub par LAA plan we would again be subsidizing our own raises to a degree.
Those at AA with families who took the top tier plan are paying $600.00 per month. That means AA is claiming that plan cost them $3000.00 per month or $36,000 per year? That's one hell of a Cadillac plan there.
And no. As a single guy also medical cost is not my personal #1 priority. My priority now since we got the raises is JOBS. Jobs because I want to move further up the ladder and secure the best shifts and days off. So yes obviously I support Station Staffing, securing work, gaining more work and hopefully a buyout to shake some older leaves from the tree.
I think we will lose our cadillac plan (100%) either this year or next but its pretty expensive anyways as few are in the plan and that makes it expensive, plus our 90% is the best value anyways. The 100% plan has all the diabetes patients etc in that plan but i think we will lose it when that cadillac tax starts (was it delayed?)

Now this is how this forum should be operating. Some arguments, opinions being thrown back and forth. Maybe a jab or two, but nonetheless, the contract and it's important items being discussed. Green for two!

Tim Nelson said:
I think we will lose our cadillac plan (100%) either this year or next but its pretty expensive anyways as few are in the plan and that makes it expensive, plus our 90% is the best value anyways. The 100% plan has all the diabetes patients etc in that plan but i think we will lose it when that cadillac tax starts (was it delayed?)
Stop being such a negative Nelly. Yes the Cadillac Tax was pushed back to 2020. And eventually it will probably get repealed.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-02-04/obamacare-s-cadillac-tax-will-not-survive

AANOTOK said:
Now this is how this forum should be operating. Some arguments, opinions being thrown back and forth. Maybe a jab or two, but nonetheless, the contract and it's important items being discussed. Green for two!
Thanks. But since I've replaced WT and 700 on the headhunters list that green will quickly turn red anyway.

The Reds remind me of when you were a kid and you got a Raspberry from another kid. Or the angry driver who gives you the flip of the bird and drives off fast. lol. Aarrggghhhh.

AANOTOK said:
Green while it last!  ;)

And one for you. And my grass is always green so that's all that really matters in life man.

Green grass and comfortable shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.