JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
i sure hope they keep the LUS health    I also believe that in this JCBA  they must grandfather in all current mainline cities and do everything to protect  bec who knows what they will want in the next round of talks  

robbedagain said:
i sure hope they keep the LUS health    I also believe that in this JCBA  they must grandfather in all current mainline cities and do everything to protect  bec who knows what they will want in the next round of talks  

Protect what you have now. The economic conditions could be quite different by the time we enter into negotiations at the amendable date of the JCBA. Very different. If the economic environment of the industry is not good the wolf will be at the door. Strength and leverage at the table will be critical. There are a number of critical Articles left on the table. Now that the wage scale has been agreed to; I hope the membership remains focused on the remaining Articles and the eventual TA language.  

Reactions: 1 person
So the IAM organizes the cargo vendor in IAH after agreeing with United management not to continue being the only major airline without any mainline cargo agents. Now United has 2 options.
1. Just get a new vendor and not bothering to negotiate.
2. Get Klemm to sign another sweetheart deal like he did at Spirit where health care is at management discretion and wage tops out after 8 years at $14 to get the dues.

Shameful and anti union indeed.

Another contract in the industry just got TA'd. Ok admittedly this is a much smaller deal than one at any major carrier. But with the rash of agreements that have fallen into place over the last year (Particularly Fleet is locked in at UAL and SWA) that's why I think this can be wrapped up by the end of the year? Mechanics at UAL have another deal they will be voting on while unfortunately SWA mechanics appear to be lingering. But with enough deals in place with AA's competitors they'll know where their costs stand to be able to move forward with our groups IMO.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13678182/1/virgin-america-and-flight-attendants-reach-a-contract-deal.html

Another contract in the industry just got TA'd. Ok admittedly this is a much smaller deal than one at any major carrier. But with the rash of agreements that have fallen into place over the last year (Particularly Fleet is locked in at UAL and SWA) that's why I think this can be wrapped up by the end of the year? Mechanics at UAL have another deal they will be voting on while unfortunately SWA mechanics appear to be lingering. But with enough deals in place with AA's competitors they'll know where their costs stand to be able to move forward with our groups IMO.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13678182/1/virgin-america-and-flight-attendants-reach-a-contract-deal.html
sorta ironic. Back in the day, southwest would have great labor relations and never have much of a fuss in contract negotiations, while the legacy carriers would go years and involve dragging morale to low levels. Now it's almost the opposite. Who is informational picketing? WN employees. I wouldn't be surprised if WN is looking to merge again, possibly Alaska or Hawaiian imo.

is Mia Ramp a manager who stalks FB?

Tim Nelson said:
sorta ironic. Back in the day, southwest would have great labor relations and never have much of a fuss in contract negotiations, while the legacy carriers would go years and involve dragging morale to low levels. Now it's almost the opposite. Who is informational picketing? WN employees. I wouldn't be surprised if WN is looking to merge again, possibly Alaska or Hawaiian imo.
WN had to back step when all the Majors went through Bankruptcy and lowered their costs against them. For about a decade their employees were the highest paid best compensated in the industry. Now they want to keep their labor costs lower to still be able to claim the title of a low cost carrier.

We're now paid higher at least in wages then our SWA ramp counterparts and hopefully we'll best them in benefits too soon.

Tim Nelson said:
is Mia Ramp a manager who stalks FB?
No clue who he is. All he posts is Political crap anyway. His profile gives no details except very radical anti Obama rants.

WN had to back step when all the Majors went through Bankruptcy and lowered their costs against them. For about a decade their employees were the highest paid best compensated in the industry. Now they want to keep their labor costs lower to still be able to claim the title of a low cost carrier.

We're now paid higher at least in wages then our SWA ramp counterparts and hopefully we'll best them in benefits too soon.
southwest wasn't the leader in wages until bankruptcies took over. I have most past contracts. For instance, the United ramper was making $24+ with base wages in 2005 pegged over $25 until bankruptcy. US AIRWAYS was at $21.48 until bankruptcy in 2003. Southwest was still at $19.

Tim Nelson said:
southwest wasn't the leader in wages until bankruptcies took over. I have most past contracts. For instance, the United ramper was making $24+ with base wages in 2005 pegged over $25 until bankruptcy. US AIRWAYS was at $21.48 until bankruptcy in 2003. Southwest was still at $19.

Tim you're going back 10 years. By the time we hit our (AA) concessions in 03 I believe we at least went on par with them and over the years they kept getting wage increases. Not to mention they had a great 401k match, a stock ownership program and Profit Sharing. Over the last 10 years our SWA counterparts made out like bandits in comparison to you and I.

Our 2001 agreement had us going to over $24 by 2005 if I remember correctly and it had held.

WeAAsles said:

Really? You base your prediction of an end of the year deal because other airlines have finalized deals with their work groups? Holy Cow.

NYer said:
Really? You base your prediction of an end of the year deal because other airlines have finalized deals with their work groups? Holy Cow.
Really? The only times you comment on this Social Media site is to try and take a swipe at me?

Well here's a swipe back.

Had we gone with your emphasis and motivation to speed the process along more than likely we would have been finished at the tally of 7% above the top at that time Delta rate to $26.54 per hour.

UAL then absolutely would NOT have gone up to the $29.87 they're at now since it would have been uncompetitive against us and Delta's rates. And I doubt Delta would have propelled their ramp to the level they're at now as well.

And ALL of us would have been none the wiser because we all would have stood AA, Delta, SWA, and UAL at the roughly $26 per hour scale moving forward.

Thank God people in those negotiations don't listen to you at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.