JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeAAsles said:
They may not? I am of course just speculating that I think they want to get this all locked up and finished and begin moving on with whatever grand plans they ultimately have for running the airline?

I'm not so sure any bump would be necessarily predicated on Delta though. Parker did say that the leapfrogging had to end at some point and I think we're just about at that end now. I think they may have left just a little meat on the bone to ensure passage of a JCBA? Without the enticement of just a wee bit more the members may focus in on one or two things they don't particularly like about the deal (Can anything really be perfect) and call for a rejection which gives AA a black eye if they have to go back to the drawing board.

Of course all we're all doing on this board is speculating and running possible scenarios no different than sitting down at a Chess board wondering what our opponents next move will be. But I also think the game is still on and neither side is willing to lay down their King just yet? (If you understand Chess)

little more meat on the bone to ensure passage of a JCBA. A wee bit more enticement. What else could the company offer? SIGNING BONUS! One time investment in baiting the hook.

ograc said:
little more meat on the bone to ensure passage of a JCBA. A wee bit more enticement. What else could the company offer? SIGNING BONUS! One time investment in baiting the hook.
Could be? On the LAA side we're still waiting on our Prefunding match as well. But I also think you need to stop worrying so much about that station staffing language if that's the 900lb Gorilla in your room?

Cargo what's the flight activity like right now in your city?

Kev3188 said:
So says the guy in a hub...

So says the guy who willingly moved to not one but two different hubs to make sure I had a better position and more security. But I do love the argument by small station individuals who live in low COL areas who think they should have as massive a cake as possible and the major "majority" should sacrifice whatever it takes so they can continue on with their personal comforts.

Never ONCE heard any of those individuals worry about their so called brothers and sisters suffering in high COL areas. Nah. Not gonna do that huh.

"If they don't like it, they can move" being the usual answer from those individuals.

Kev3188 said:
So says the union man.

So says the phony who's really at the end of the day only concerned about what would directly effect him but "writes" platitudes to make himself appear more sincere than he really is.

I bet you would vote no (If you had the privilege) to give up even .10 cents if it were to go to provide any relief to people in NYC, BOS, ORD, SFO, SAN, PHL or any other place where it's far more needed than the little sticks you call home?

Flipping doesn't work with me.

Nothing wrong with geo overrides; we had 'em at NW.

But tell Orgac more about why he shouldn't worry his little head about station staffing language. I'll wait.

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:

But tell Orgac more about why he shouldn't worry his little head about station staffing language. I'll wait.
I'm still waiting too. No problem at all with geo overrides. Cold weather ops in my station? It's feasible a Fleet Agent could service water, lavs, load/unload bins, run bags and de ice aircraft all in one shift. I guess because I choose to work in a station with a lower cost of living it makes my job expendable. Company gets more bang for the buck out of the agents in outline stations. Worked 19 in a hub and 17 in an outline.

WeAAsles said:
Could be? On the LAA side we're still waiting on our Prefunding match as well. But I also think you need to stop worrying so much about that station staffing language if that's the 900lb Gorilla in your room?

Cargo what's the flight activity like right now in your city?

Busy flight activity. 19 hour operational day. Mainline flight activity (which is the measure of job security) is marginal. Personally; there is no 900lb gorilla in my room. I'm close enough to retirement. I worry for my co workers who have families and 15 or more years to put in.

Kev3188 said:
If you support (honestly) the idea of GEO then I have no problem with you.

"Worry his little head"

Nice try making it sound like I'm trying to demean the man. I'm not.

ograc said:
Busy flight activity. 19 hour operational day. Mainline flight activity (which is the measure of job security) is marginal. Personally; there is no 900lb gorilla in my room. I'm close enough to retirement. I worry for my co workers who have families and 15 or more years to put in.
And all I ever wanted to hear was honesty that you consider that a priority to you. Nothing wrong with any of us having a list of our priorities from 1 on down. And if a guys #1 priority is wages (which for most people it is) there should be nothing wrong with that either and who are any of us to put another guy down for publicly saying it?

But a little humility should be in order if those wages and the choice to accept them are going to effect someone else's life negatively.

My #1 priority was/is wages. Now maybe I can move down the list for other priority. One absolutely being keeping you and your friends safe and sound from harm.

At the very least currently held cities should be grandfathered. And by almost whatever means necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts