JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filter said:
There was no dispute concerning LGA...now Las Vegas on the other hand should have been crying foul for the same reason as BOS.
No dispute ? LUS has more flights and like 50 less people. Slaves to AA business model

Reactions: 1 person
Filter said:
There was no dispute concerning LGA...now Las Vegas on the other hand should have been crying foul for the same reason as BOS.
My dispute isn't who my union is I could care less they are all the same chit. My problem is rotating days off 2 stations in the entire system and one is LGA. Lets put it to a system wide vote not just one local. What is seniority for?

Once again, something Association driven decided without a membership vote.
The Association is a farce and a joke.

Reactions: 8 people
Worldport said:
My dispute isn't who my union is I could care less they are all the same chit. My problem is rotating days off 2 stations in the entire system and one is LGA. Lets put it to a system wide vote not just one local. What is seniority for?

We were discussing the BOS representation piece so that is what I commented on...if you want to discuss rotating shifts carry on but I think that is specific to NYC, for fleet anyway.

Filter said:

We were discussing the BOS representation piece so that is what I commented on...if you want to discuss rotating shifts carry on but I think that is specific to NYC, for fleet anyway.
Exactly my point " specific to NY " what kind of crap is that. What else could we make specific to NYC, seniority by alphabetical order? How about bidding vacation in 2 week rounds so the junior people could get summer. What is even more screwed up some jobs aren't even rotated who decides that the freakin union?

are you guys in MIA and DFW seriously having wear these button down uniform heat suits or were all of you smart enough to order tshirts?
the last week or so here in CLT the uniform policy is the hot flavor of the month

Filter said:

Transferring out of LAS to DFW 2 years ago knowing that sooner or later the work for LAA will diminish. To date, all LAA DFW to LAS is now LUS. And from what I had heard from CSMs and General Manager that LUS still has clerks on a recall list, and are planning a recall. Most LAA clerks are blind to the inevitable dropping LAA metal and the infusion of LUS.  This will create an overstaffing situation and some will have to make a choice, relocate or take the streets. LUS has far more FSC in LAS than LAA, and they are very senior to American's FSC. So moving all the flights from the LAA side to the LUS side will create overstaffing. Now here in DFW, LUS has only two gates. But LAA works 95% of the metal. In this scenario its the LUS clerks that will be overstaffed. This applies to all stations that are occupied by both TWU and IAM, the majority wins and the minority are sent packing. BOS was a stalemate and the two sides came to an agreement.

I'm not happy about what's going on with LAS but, it is what it is, nothing you can do.

Worldport said:
Sorry WP that's a local agreement, to better serve the company.

Bob there was an agent here from LAS who recently got to return there, there are several here most with middle of the road seniority but I don't know if they have paperwork i to do it 

Worldport said:

There won't be a system vote.The Ass won't allow it.Deal with it or transfer to an IAM station.

The whole East/West Berlin thing in BOS is going to be F'ing Fantastic.

Reactions: DNTULSA and Rogallo
cltrat said:
are you guys in MIA and DFW seriously having wear these button down uniform heat suits or were all of you smart enough to order tshirts?
the last week or so here in CLT the uniform policy is the hot flavor of the month
There's a uniform policy? I see pumpkins and green vests alike running around in wife beaters,cut off t shirts, sneakers.

Management doesn't care, as long as they're wearing vests.

JFK Fleet Service said:

There won't be a system vote.The Ass won't allow it.Deal with it or transfer to an IAM station.

The whole East/West Berlin thing in BOS is going to be F'ing Fantastic.
Let's protect those dues, boys, let's protect those dues. EXACTLY why we have an Association.

Reactions: 4 people
cltrat said:
Bob there was an agent here from LAS who recently got to return there, there are several here most with middle of the road seniority but I don't know if they have paperwork i to do it 
Are they LAA or LUS

JFK Fleet Service said:
There's a uniform policy? I see pumpkins and green vests alike running around in wife beaters,cut off t shirts, sneakers.

Management doesn't care, as long as they're wearing vests.
it used to be pretty open here too, we have to wear the vest all the time too , which are hot in there own right. but before you could wear something cooler under them at least.
You are right too I believe about what you said earlier about staffing we are constantly understaffed here compared to what I believe other hubs are.

Status
Not open for further replies.