JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeAAsles said:
Dear Association member,

As you know, in May, 2013, following the merger of American Airlines and US Airways, the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (lAM) and the Transport Workers Union (TWU) formed the TWU-IAM Associations. The Associations were subsequently certified as the bargaining representatives at American Airlines by the National Mediation Board (NMB) in May, 2015 after the NMB determined that American Airlines was a single transportation system.

The representation structure of the Associations is based on the relative active membership size of the IAM and TWU at specific locations. For example, since the TWU has a larger membership in Dallas, the TWU will assume representation responsibilities for all Association members at that location once a joint contract is ratified by all Association members. The same is true for the IAM in Charlotte, since the IAM has more active members at that particular location.

Boston, however, has presented a very unique issue. Active membership size for both the IAM and TWU in all covered classifications at that location is essentially equal. Initially, representation at BOS was assigned to the IAM. However, due to the long traditions, strong fraternal bonds and unique history of the TWU and IAM locals in that city, the Association leadership-as required by Association agreement language-engaged in discussions regarding modifying the representation structure in Boston.

The Association Chair and Vice Chair have voluntarily resolved this issue without the need for third party adjudication. Effective on membership ratification of joint collective bargaining agreements, representation responsibilities for all Association classifications at the Boston location will remain the same, with the IAM maintaining representation of the pre-merger US Airways workforce and the TWU maintaining representation of the pre-merger American workforce. New members will be split one for one.

Further, it has been agreed that for efficiency of representation that the IAM will assume principal representation responsibilities for all Tower Planners throughout the American Airlines system, including those previously unrepresented Tower Planners at pre-merger American Airlines.

This agreement is yet another example of the mutual respect that permeates our Association and our commitment to fostering a collaborative and strong partnership so we can maintain our focus on our only goal: bettering the lives of all Association members and their families.

Sincerely and fraternally,
Timothy J. Klima Airline Coordinator- IAM
Mike Mayes Air Division Director-TWU
I'll bet money LAA never hires another clerk in BOS again.

Reactions: 2 people
cltrat said:
it used to be pretty open here too, we have to wear the vest all the time too , which are hot in there own right. but before you could wear something cooler under them at least.
You are right too I believe about what you said earlier about staffing we are constantly understaffed here compared to what I believe other hubs are.
Keep getting it done, make their magic MBR number for them and they won't do a thing about it.Look at all the FT openings there have been on Jetnet for DFW alone in the past month and a half.There was 100+ not too long ago, followed just recently by another 90.ORD and LAX have been soaking up FT heads at an incredible rate too.

You guys probably are understaffed.

bob@las-AA said:

Transferring out of LAS to DFW 2 years ago knowing that sooner or later the work for LAA will diminish. To date, all LAA DFW to LAS is now LUS. And from what I had heard from CSMs and General Manager that LUS still has clerks on a recall list, and are planning a recall. Most LAA clerks are blind to the inevitable dropping LAA metal and the infusion of LUS.  This will create an overstaffing situation and some will have to make a choice, relocate or take the streets. LUS has far more FSC in LAS than LAA, and they are very senior to American's FSC. So moving all the flights from the LAA side to the LUS side will create overstaffing. Now here in DFW, LUS has only two gates. But LAA works 95% of the metal. In this scenario its the LUS clerks that will be overstaffed. This applies to all stations that are occupied by both TWU and IAM, the majority wins and the minority are sent packing. BOS was a stalemate and the two sides came to an agreement.

I'm not happy about what's going on with LAS but, it is what it is, nothing you can do.

Did I hear correctly that once the cross utilitization begins that there will be no downgrades or furloughs within those affected stations due to gained operational efficiencies?  I have no idea as to how that will work with flight reductions as to whom would be furloughed as it shouldn't matter depending upon being US or AA flights as both sides are working each others metal, so would it be de facto intergrated seniority (which hasn't been agreed upon either)?  Then again, tying furloughs the agents airline would avoid a seniority fight later.

Jester said:

Did I hear correctly that once the cross utilitization begins that there will be no downgrades or furloughs within those affected stations due to gained operational efficiencies?  I have no idea as to how that will work with flight reductions as to whom would be furloughed as it shouldn't matter depending upon being US or AA flights as both sides are working each others metal, so would it be de facto intergrated seniority (which hasn't been agreed upon either)?  Then again, tying furloughs the agents airline would avoid a seniority fight later.

A list of TWU/IAM stations was distributed shortly after the agreed-upon merger. I never kept a copy of this, naming the divided stations between the two unions. In short, the union with the stronger presence will end up winning. Just how much movement will result is unknown, but if someone on the LUS side offers a seniority list, I might be able to make a best guess effort to who might soon be in transit.

JFK Fleet Service said:

There won't be a system vote.The Ass won't allow it.Deal with it or transfer to an IAM station.

The whole East/West Berlin thing in BOS is going to be F'ing Fantastic.
Or I can transfer to any other TWU city because they don't rotate either.Some jobs at JFK and LGA don't rotate how is that decided and who decides it?I might get lucky here at LGA I doubt we will co-locate for years

JFK Fleet Service said:
Keep getting it done, make their magic MBR number for them and they won't do a thing about it.Look at all the FT openings there have been on Jetnet for DFW alone in the past month and a half.There was 100+ not too long ago, followed just recently by another 90.ORD and LAX have been soaking up FT heads at an incredible rate too.

You guys probably are understaffed.
If they staffed all the LUS stations like they did the LAA stations the company would lose money and ask for concessions

JFK Fleet Service said:

There won't be a system vote.The Ass won't allow it.Deal with it or transfer to an IAM station.

The whole East/West Berlin thing in BOS is going to be F'ing Fantastic.
Don't like the idea of a system vote do you?How do you think it would turn out? You're right I'll just have to deal with it, doesn't mean I can't *****

Worldport said:
Don't like the idea of a system vote do you?How do you think it would turn out? You're right I'll just have to deal with it, doesn't mean I can't ####
You misunderstand,this dues harvesting scheme we're locked into won't call a system vote on this 'cause they give zero fucks about it.

***** all you want.I'm still bitching about losing Flex Vacation because "It would cost too much to transition the LUS employees to it".

This Association is all about allowing the international offices and officers of the IAM and the TWU to protect their little empires and dues income.
It is NOT about the best interests of the employees of American Airlines.Their interests are served,not ours.

Reactions: 4 people
JFK Fleet Service said:
This Association is all about allowing the international offices and officers of the IAM and the TWU to protect their little empires and dues income.
It is NOT about the best interests of the employees of American Airlines.Their interests are served,not ours.
These fools have not tumbled onto the fact that the Association and most UNIONs in general today are nothing more than money laundering schemes for the Democratic Party.

I am sure WeAAsles will be along shortly to tell us how the Association is the greatest thing since the internet............

Reactions: 4 people
La Li Lu Le Lo said:
These fools have not tumbled onto the fact that the Association and most UNIONs in general today are nothing more than money laundering schemes for the Democratic Party.

I am sure WeAAsles will be along shortly to tell us how the Association is the greatest thing since the internet............
The Weez got dumped by his girl of one month  he is no doubt laying in his soiled bed in the fetal position his wallet and bank accounts completely drained

Reactions: 3 people
WeAAsles said:
Dear Association member,

As you know, in May, 2013, following the merger of American Airlines and US Airways, the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (lAM) and the Transport Workers Union (TWU) formed the TWU-IAM Associations. The Associations were subsequently certified as the bargaining representatives at American Airlines by the National Mediation Board (NMB) in May, 2015 after the NMB determined that American Airlines was a single transportation system.

The representation structure of the Associations is based on the relative active membership size of the IAM and TWU at specific locations. For example, since the TWU has a larger membership in Dallas, the TWU will assume representation responsibilities for all Association members at that location once a joint contract is ratified by all Association members. The same is true for the IAM in Charlotte, since the IAM has more active members at that particular location.

Boston, however, has presented a very unique issue. Active membership size for both the IAM and TWU in all covered classifications at that location is essentially equal. Initially, representation at BOS was assigned to the IAM. However, due to the long traditions, strong fraternal bonds and unique history of the TWU and IAM locals in that city, the Association leadership-as required by Association agreement language-engaged in discussions regarding modifying the representation structure in Boston.

The Association Chair and Vice Chair have voluntarily resolved this issue without the need for third party adjudication. Effective on membership ratification of joint collective bargaining agreements, representation responsibilities for all Association classifications at the Boston location will remain the same, with the IAM maintaining representation of the pre-merger US Airways workforce and the TWU maintaining representation of the pre-merger American workforce. New members will be split one for one.

Further, it has been agreed that for efficiency of representation  that the IAM will assume principal representation responsibilities for all Tower Planners throughout the American Airlines system, including those previously unrepresented Tower Planners at pre-merger American Airlines.

This agreement is yet another example of the mutual respect that permeates our Association and our commitment to fostering a collaborative and strong partnership so we can maintain our focus on our only goal: bettering the lives of all Association members and their families.

Sincerely and fraternally,
Timothy J. Klima Airline Coordinator- IAM
Mike Mayes Air Division Director-TWU

Are they absolutely F'ing kidding? They divide BOS like a haunch of beef and then in the same letter state that for the  "efficiency of representation" that  all  tower planners will be IAM...

This Ass is ass.

"Efficiency of representation" could be the funniest thing I've read on the internet today.

JFK Fleet Service said:
Are they absolutely F'ing kidding? They divide BOS like a haunch of beef and then in the same letter state that for the  "efficiency of representation" that  all  tower planners will be IAM...

This Ass is ass.

"Efficiency of representation" could be the funniest thing I've read on the internet today.
That's it then I'll go to the tower and have steady days off. My problem solved.

Worldport said:
The Weez got dumped by his girl of one month  he is no doubt laying in his soiled bed in the fetal position his wallet and bank accounts completely drained
He had a girlfriend for a whole month?

Status
Not open for further replies.