JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that they also picked up a lot of Express work (I.E. Envoy) and they also got rid of the tier classes in regards to pay and benefits.

2024 is 7 years out from now. Sometimes to move forward right you have to take one small step at a time.
Do they have Ready reserve?

Do they have Ready reserve?

No Ready Reserve. You guys had it in your contract and it was chucked out because Parker never hit the GO button either.

I don't know if the company is going to try and throw that in to the conversation about Delta and their RR's but you know what, it's time to say piss on that.

We can't control how stupid many of those guys are over there not trying to get in a Union to get a contract to try and do away with that so I say we should ignore the argument from now on. There are a lot of people trying to tell them they can have better but that company has cultivated a bunch of zombies so they make their own beds.

I think if in particular Tim Ahern opens his mouth about Deltas RR's our guys should say "So What"

Besides the point. AA can lower their Labor costs any time they want by offering a decent buyout offer every few years and writing that charge off on their taxes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colonel.Ramp
i also believe the union has a bit of leeway here...definitely controversial.

the part-timers at aa are the golden citizens. full benefits and a hefty proportion of shifts; in my station, a 2 year part-timer is able to bid in the same work area/or better work area, work am shifts and have better days off than a 28 year full-timer. throw in a cs here and there and they work 40 hrs a week....basically a 2 year employee has a better union job than a 28 year full-time employee. there is something half-a$$ed backwards about this.

the leeway i mention is the insurance. though it would be tough for anyone to tell an employee that they don't deserve insurance, i'd say that many aa veterans have gotten steam-rolled by part-timers in terms of quality of work life.

the union should be fighting an angle that incentivizes full-time work and full-timers reaping the benefits of a better quality of work life, not part-timers.

someone i know who works for dl (25+ years at nw now 13 at dl) told me that come october, he gets calls to stay ot and dl management calls their ready reserve and tells them to stay home. i believe he told me that the r/r at dl have to work 1,200 hrs for their benefits to kick in. maybe aa should do the same??

i also see that the cs policy will be contractual now and i hope it is even more strict than people say it will be. i don't work cs, though many people who do so are part-timers who have hours to play with and some scammer, but intelligent fscs who game the system.

To Be fair, I will admit checking only one day as a reference, so to give a better comparison, I took a week starting from 1/7/2017-1/14/2017:

738D 37 AA
738A 17 AA
A321 8 US
SP80 35 AA
319W 24 AA
76RP 9 US
319S 2 AA
E190 47 US
H319 8 US
A320 13 US

Subtracting the 47 E190s, you get 153 weekly and 21.8571 daily.
Bob,

Where do you get your information that the E-190's are express and need to be subtracted? RDU is an LUS station, not a LAA station as the LAA agents were furloughed. LAA is now Envoy in RDU. It is in OUR scope that the E-190's are considered Mainline aircraft. So how do you come off subtracting them on a whim without knowing all the facts? And i believe that the 190's are considered mainline aircraft for the pilots also, or they would already be in the TE partition of decs and flown by regional piolts not mainline pilots. Sometimes you should do some research before you speak, ask a question or two. You went on assumtions here and were totaly wrong.

Reactions: robbedagain
Bob,

Where do you get your information that the E-190's are express and need to be subtracted? RDU is an LUS station, not a LAA station as the LAA agents were furloughed. LAA is now Envoy in RDU. It is in OUR scope that the E-190's are considered Mainline aircraft. So how do you come off subtracting them on a whim without knowing all the facts? And i believe that the 190's are considered mainline aircraft for the pilots also, or they would already be in the TE partition of decs and flown by regional piolts not mainline pilots. Sometimes you should do some research before you speak, ask a question or two. You went on assumtions here and were totaly wrong.

It makes me wonder how much his other information submitted to us is erroneous.

You E190 don't count as a mainline flight. How many passengers can it hold? If its any less than the A319 then its considered a express flight, or Envoy equivalent.
Where are you getting this information? Because it is absolutly false. It is certainly not from our current IAM CBA that's for sure.You know, the one for LUS agents, not LAA agents.

Your E190 hold 99 pax, just like the Envoy aircraft of the same type, sorry if you can't wrap that around your bulbous heads, but just stay tuned, and watch what happens.
With this post, it appears that he graduated from the Tim Nelson school of predictions. And Tim has been wrong on many occasions with regards to past, and our current CBA.

Last edited:
Your E190 hold 99 pax, just like the Envoy aircraft of the same type, sorry if you can't wrap that around your bulbous heads, but just stay tuned, and watch what happens.
Just out of curiousity Bob, what aircraft is the envoy equivalent of the same type as the E-190?

i also believe the union has a bit of leeway here...definitely controversial.

the part-timers at aa are the golden citizens. full benefits and a hefty proportion of shifts; in my station, a 2 year part-timer is able to bid in the same work area/or better work area, work am shifts and have better days off than a 28 year full-timer. throw in a cs here and there and they work 40 hrs a week....basically a 2 year employee has a better union job than a 28 year full-time employee. there is something half-a$$ed backwards about this.

the leeway i mention is the insurance. though it would be tough for anyone to tell an employee that they don't deserve insurance, i'd say that many aa veterans have gotten steam-rolled by part-timers in terms of quality of work life.

the union should be fighting an angle that incentivizes full-time work and full-timers reaping the benefits of a better quality of work life, not part-timers.

someone i know who works for dl (25+ years at nw now 13 at dl) told me that come october, he gets calls to stay ot and dl management calls their ready reserve and tells them to stay home. i believe he told me that the r/r at dl have to work 1,200 hrs for their benefits to kick in. maybe aa should do the same??

i also see that the cs policy will be contractual now and i hope it is even more strict than people say it will be. i don't work cs, though many people who do so are part-timers who have hours to play with and some scammer, but intelligent fscs who game the system.

The more people we have paying into the medical plan, the better the costs can be controlled. If the PTers, who turn out to be the youngest and are less likely to need medical attention, don't participate in the medical plans, then the cost of the older population that uses the plan more frequently will inevitably rise at a higher clip than would otherwise.

The more people we have paying into the medical plan, the better the costs can be controlled. If the PTers, who turn out to be the youngest and are less likely to need medical attention, don't participate in the medical plans, then the cost of the older population that uses the plan more frequently will inevitably rise at a higher clip than would otherwise.

So you're saying that the paltry contribution that a part timer makes, lowers the costs? Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

So you're saying that the paltry contribution that a part timer makes, lowers the costs? Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

On the TWU side, the costs for the medical, by the Member and the Company, is the same for each whether they are FT or PT.

On the TWU side, the costs for the medical, by the Member and the Company, is the same for each whether they are FT or PT.
Medical benefits, retirement , flight privileges and $30.17 per hour that's one dam good part time job

Medical benefits, retirement , flight privileges and $30.17 per hour that's one dam good part time job

And if the expense of that PTer, for the Company, is the same as it would be for a FTer, it is easier to get more FT because the cost becomes less of a hindrance.

And if the expense of that PTer, for the Company, is the same as it would be for a FTer, it is easier to get more FT because the cost becomes less of a hindrance.
Well obviously because they work less hours the company's expense for a part timer's pay and retirement is going to be less. Medical however is the same either the company is paying more out of their pockets or fleet service is subsidizing by getting less pay and benefits elsewhere in our contract. Which do you think. I know what I think, but I'm a deplorable

Status
Not open for further replies.