JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well obviously because they work less hours the company's expense for a part timer's pay and retirement is going to be less. Medical however is the same either the company is paying more out of their pockets or fleet service is subsidizing by getting less pay and benefits elsewhere in our contract. Which do you think. I know what I think, but I'm a deplorable

Al we've covered this before. Since your PT pay more for medical then you and get less IAMPF contributions it is a motivating factor for the company to want to staff as much as they can using PT over FT whenever possible.

And the average PT on our side of the fence actually works more because he picks up hours from those of us who are topped out and at the max pay rate.

With 30 plus years in the company I know the ax won't hit you but under the IAM formula it would hit guys below us absolutely. That's your deplorable side talking.

Well obviously because they work less hours the company's expense for a part timer's pay and retirement is going to be less. Medical however is the same either the company is paying more out of their pockets or fleet service is subsidizing by getting less pay and benefits elsewhere in our contract. Which do you think. I know what I think, but I'm a deplorable

From a TWU perspective:

If the PTer chooses to take their medical, then the expense is the same. However, the proposal we dealt with during the LAA BK called for the ability to opt out of medical coverage altogether.

We've had many who gave up the FT to go PT and try to get better shifts and days off but the constant hustling to make up their hours became too much to bear and they eventually came back to FT. Of course, not all of them made the leap back to FT but most certainly did.

Al we've covered this before. Since your PT pay more for medical then you and get less IAMPF contributions it is a motivating factor for the company to want to staff as much as they can using PT over FT whenever possible.

And the average PT on our side of the fence actually works more because he picks up hours from those of us who are topped out and at the max pay rate.

With 30 plus years in the company I know the ax won't hit you but under the IAM formula it would hit guys below us absolutely. That's your deplorable side talking.
Of course a lot of our part timers pick up hours too. I'd bet the ratio of part time to full time in our contract wouldn't change whether the part timers are paying double for their overtime or not.Today our Governor said NY is going to provide free state and city and community colleges tuition to families making under $125,000. Our base pay is around 65Gs so if you married a girl from the ticket counter your kids wouldn't be eligible. Who do you think is going pay(subsidize) for this. I know you are sticking up for your P/T friend but this is getting crazy. What happens if medical shoots up $100 dollar a month next year?

From a TWU perspective:

If the PTer chooses to take their medical, then the expense is the same. However, the proposal we dealt with during the LAA BK called for the ability to opt out of medical coverage altogether.

We've had many who gave up the FT to go PT and try to get better shifts and days off but the constant hustling to make up their hours became too much to bear and they eventually came back to FT. Of course, not all of them made the leap back to FT but most certainly did.
Heck I know some fifty and sixty years old people who would have stayed part time if they paid the same for medical. It seems the TWU way would encourage this. I could care less of those people

Heck I know some fifty and sixty years old people who would have stayed part time if they paid the same for medical. It seems the TWU way would encourage this. I could care less of those people

80% of the PTers in our station has 10 years or less. Since 2013, we've had about 300 PTers go FT so having everyone on the same footing doesn't seem to lead to career PTers in large numbers. As a matter of fact, the additions to FT has been larger than the additions of PT in that span.

Of course a lot of our part timers pick up hours too. I'd bet the ratio of part time to full time in our contract wouldn't change whether the part timers are paying double for their overtime or not.Today our Governor said NY is going to provide free state and city and community colleges tuition to families making under $125,000. Our base pay is around 65Gs so if you married a girl from the ticket counter your kids wouldn't be eligible. Who do you think is going pay(subsidize) for this. I know you are sticking up for your P/T friend but this is getting crazy. What happens if medical shoots up $100 dollar a month next year?

Has zero to do with my friend. He's just one guy out of 17,000 of us. I'd actually rather go with the IAM way of doing it quite frankly if it's going to lower the cost for more senior FT members who put in the time and have families. But doing that you also have to realize that there will be consequences. Not there might be. There will be.

Plus at least on our side you're going to create some seriously heavy animosity if members weren't grandfathered and got clobbered with a higher cost than people they work side by side with who in only the space of a day (Jan ??) are now paying more than their friends were yesterday.

I see some serious heartburn there in TWUland.

Has zero to do with my friend. He's just one guy out of 17,000 of us. I'd actually rather go with the IAM way of doing it quite frankly if it's going to lower the cost for more senior FT members who put in the time and have families. But doing that you also have to realize that there will be consequences. Not there might be. There will be.

Plus at least on our side you're going to create some seriously heavy animosity if members weren't grandfathered and got clobbered with a higher cost than people they work side by side with who in only the space of a day (Jan ??) are now paying more than their friends were yesterday.

I see some serious heartburn there in TWUland.
That's why we (full timers) will wind up eating it and if Coumo gets his way my taxes will go up

That's why we (full timers) will wind up eating it and if Coumo gets his way my taxes will go up

Al I pay $80.00 per month now for the Standard plan as a single. How much more would you pay?

I hope you're thinking more about the guys with families when it comes to costs and not yourself?

As for what the NY State legislature and Coumo are going to do, that's your problem man. I detached myself from the economic chains of living in NYC almost 20 years ago now. June will officially be 20 years gone.

Reactions: Colonel.Ramp
BTW this isn't insane bro. Hopefully if it passes (I doubt it unfortunately) it will become a model someday for the entire Country.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.n...new-york-colleges-plan.amp.html?client=safari
Bernie who is going to pay for it? If you married a office manager or another airline worker etc you wouldn't be eligible.This is NY you absolutely need two incomes.I live on long Island if I posted my taxes and gas and electric bills if I posted my water bill during the summer when I water my lawn most reading this would not believe it and now you want me to pay for somebody's snot nose kid to go to college your nuts. Don't think it won't effect you there will be a mass exodus from NY to southern states

Bernie who is going to pay for it? If you married a office manager or another airline worker etc you wouldn't be eligible.This is NY you absolutely need two incomes.I live on long Island if I posted my taxes and gas and electric bills if I posted my water bill during the summer when I water my lawn most reading this would not believe it and now you want me to pay for somebody's snot nose kid to go to college your nuts. Don't think it won't effect you there will be a mass exodus from NY to southern states

My electric bill was $76.00 last month. No gas bill and my water is included in my Maintenance. Taxes around $500.00 for the year.

I pay way more in gas and car insurance then all that. Hell even my cable and phone bills are higher.

Long Island. Ah I remember Long Island. Mounds of snow in Winter. Fun times.

C'mon down to Florida you crusty old bird. We need more NYC accents here.

My electric bill was $76.00 last month. No gas bill and my water is included in my Maintenance. Taxes around $500.00 for the year.

I pay way more in gas and car insurance then all that. Hell even my cable and phone bills are higher.

Long Island. Ah I remember Long Island. Mounds of snow in Winter. Fun times.

C'mon down to Florida you crusty old bird. We need more NYC accents here.
That's with running your A/C full blast too. I would probably put 10 to 12 thousand more in my pocket every year if I lived in FL . The food though the food your roast beef is pot roast

That's with running your A/C full blast too. I would probably put 10 to 12 thousand more in my pocket every year if I lived in FL . The food though the food your roast beef is pot roast

In the full bore summer I've hit just over $100.00. The foods the same as NYC. Same products are sold here and you forget this is the 6th Borough still.

In the full bore summer I've hit just over $100.00. The foods the same as NYC. Same products are sold here and you forget this is the 6th Borough still.
You're Irish Weez you're happy with Pizza hut and Ragu and mustard on your hamburgers Why did I use to smell bagels coming from all the bags going to Florida if you can get them in FL

Status
Not open for further replies.