JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 1 union rep. He also pro mgmt style and lead agent. Our mgmt about as clueless as they get. What most don't get is that it's far easier in hub but for is in our stations we do what we do but when planes go out late mgmt has us writing it up. They don't like truth but oh well. And Annotok. I'm telling it the way it is from a non hub station. It was be terrific if we cld get high level union officials in to talk w us. Yes we have gone out of station to alert them from time to time but they really need to visit n see reality what we endure daily

You are making my point exactly. But hey, W says it's not the unions responsibilty...so I guess the
write ups will continue!

in regards to your moves & sacrifices and your satisfaction with javits' decision:

i guess you have no problem with lus clerks hired in 1998 who had time elsewhere and have now passed you up.

i don't blame javits. he is/was the last filter. the blame goes on the twu. it was explained to me that the twu agreed to this with the iam to form the association. this is what was explained to me.

Whatever the decisions were in full no I don't have a problem with any of them. I'm in an old AA Hub and not a substantially mixed TWU IAM city. My numbers here aren't going to see any dramatic change.

And overall if there ever was a layoff that got to me which would mean chopping MIA by well over half, in the Javits decision I have over 5000 of the 7000 IAM peeps beat on time.

Worst case the trigger is pulled scenario happens and I have a lot more options on the table now than I did before the merger. (Think I'd head to CLT in that case)

We have 1 union rep. He also pro mgmt style and lead agent. Our mgmt about as clueless as they get. What most don't get is that it's far easier in hub but for is in our stations we do what we do but when planes go out late mgmt has us writing it up. They don't like truth but oh well. And Annotok. I'm telling it the way it is from a non hub station. It was be terrific if we cld get high level union officials in to talk w us. Yes we have gone out of station to alert them from time to time but they really need to visit n see reality what we endure daily

Your DL 141 rep is scheduled to be there on Wednesday and Thursday this week. I will give him a heads up on issue there.

P. Rez

You are making my point exactly. But hey, W says it's not the unions responsibilty...so I guess the
write ups will continue!

What do you think would happen if every Agent in that city refused to rush and bust a nut to get those planes turned on time?

Now my assumption of course is that they are busting a nut and working unsafe and are risking injuries to themselves?

I also think it's easier in a small city to drum up the support to say enough is enough but that's up to them. Let them write up the entire Station for all I would care. And then contact OSHA by mail and report every POS manager that's trying to hurt you.

Those AGC's will fly in there faster than the birds can fly in that case.

Again there's nothing a silly little rep can do for them if they first don't do for themselves.

Your DL 141 rep is scheduled to be there on Wednesday and Thursday this week. I will give him a heads up on issue there.

P. Rez

There you go Robbed. You have the attention. But when that Rep gets there you need to be able to give him some ammo for your cause.

If he gets there and management can win the argument through the Stations numbers he's not going to have much of a leg to stand on trying to fight for your cause.

Just telling you like it is. Your fighting the bean counters.

Whatever the decisions were in full no I don't have a problem with any of them. I'm in an old AA Hub and not a substantially mixed TWU IAM city. My numbers here aren't going to see any dramatic change.

And overall if there ever was a layoff that got to me which would mean chopping MIA by well over half, in the Javits decision I have over 5000 of the 7000 IAM peeps beat on time.

Worst case the trigger is pulled scenario happens and I have a lot more options on the table now than I did before the merger. (Think I'd head to CLT in that case)

again...i'm not in the union hierarchy nor a legacy us air employee to know us air's seniority policies inside-out. i can only go by what i've been told by legacy us air fscs and twu big-shooters.

i have paid union dues for years so some didn't have to wear a blue uniform every day and wore adidas track suits as a uniform to hang out at the union hall. they are supposed to know and they are supposed to look out after the best interests of the membership.

your argument is a bit selfish in the sense that you personally, feel safe in mia. that's fine, i'm also safe where i'm at. the bigger issue is fairness and who reaps what from this merger. going forward, this type of argument is absurd from a twu standpoint, arguing against your own membership..weakening membership's seniority positions and making yourself the weaker 'partner' of the 2 unions in this association.

i was for this merger because i felt that horton and co. would have been perfectly fine with american airlines as the 4th airline. keep aa in an incubator and grow eagle/envoy here and there. so far, good for parker, he wants to compete and that's good for all here.

up to this point, we have all benefited, but legacy us air, much more so.

again...i'm not in the union hierarchy nor a legacy us air employee to know us air's seniority policies inside-out. i can only go by what i've been told by legacy us air fscs and twu big-shooters.

i have paid union dues for years so some didn't have to wear a blue uniform every day and wore adidas track suits as a uniform to hang out at the union hall. they are supposed to know and they are supposed to look out after the best interests of the membership.

your argument is a bit selfish in the sense that you personally, feel safe in mia. that's fine, i'm also safe where i'm at. the bigger issue is fairness and who reaps what from this merger. going forward, this type of argument is absurd from a twu standpoint, arguing against your own membership..weakening membership's seniority positions and making yourself the weaker 'partner' of the 2 unions in this association.

i was for this merger because i felt that horton and co. would have been perfectly fine with american airlines as the 4th airline. keep aa in an incubator and grow eagle/envoy here and there. so far, good for parker, he wants to compete and that's good for all here.

up to this point, we have all benefited, but legacy us air, much more so.

Ok but overall and for the "majority" the Association did look out for the best interests of the "entire" membership.

We're eventually going to all be just one group represented under the JCBA by two Unions with the same language.

You just don't like the decision because you feel if it had been done differently you could have had more of a future possible advantage. But you're focusing on yourself and again not the entire collective.

I have it on "text" alert! :)

Honestly you're my go to guy on this the last couple of happenings. You've beaten the "guys" in the ATD, myself and my ORD cohort in crime.

Thumbs up for being the first up to bat on it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts