JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently our employer on the PMAA side only contributes 3% if the member puts nothing in at all and a 5.5% match on all hours worked if the member puts in at least the same 5.5%

Looking at some other airlines I'm thinking that's sub-par? The 3% above the top rate being offered by Doug is a shell game. The 3% is being taken from the back end and being put on the front end. That's all it is.

Nothing wrong with that I guess as long as it's recognized that we're not really getting a better deal than anyone else out there. The 3% on the front end just leaves the money directly in the members own hands as to what to do with it.

Jester said:
ograc,

Since you asked... my priorities with the new CBA: 1) Scope, 2)Furlough/Recall Protections,3) PT/FT ratio, 4) Wages, and 5) Benefits (including pension/401K).  Probably unlike most, I place Wage or Benefits not even in the Top 3, especially as I see future cuts in PHX mainline flying.
The System Protection was a very important item to me and I did have to use it twice. Again wages mean nothing if you don't have a job that gives them to you.

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
How long after the PMUS ramp members went into IAMPF did the funds administrators decide to cut benefits? Did they cut those benefits once or twice?

Do you believe (Your opinion) that PMUS members were brought in to the fund to try and shore up its assets before any cuts were announced? Are there any active members in the fund who did not receive a benefits reduction and are still on schedule A (non currently retired members) and why did they not also receive cuts?
If I remember correctly I believe they were in the plan in 99, not 100% sure.

Anyone who is on Schedule A had their benefit accrual going forward reduced, not just US Fleet.

The reduction took place in 2012.

Mechanic and Related at US and MTS are on Schedule B which were not cut.

So nothing they accrued before the cuts were reduced or lost.

Anyone in the plan who were in Schedule A had future accruals reduced going forward.

700UW said:
If I remember correctly I believe they were in the plan in 99, not 100% sure.

Anyone who is on Schedule A had their benefit accrual going forward reduced, not just US Fleet.

The reduction took place in 2012.

Mechanic and Related at US and MTS are on Schedule B which were not cut.

So nothing they accrued before the cuts were reduced or lost.

Anyone in the plan who were in Schedule A had future accruals reduced going forward.

Ok well according to the last green zone letter sent out the percentage has dropped by almost 4% since 2013. That does have to give me just a slight pause and I would want to know what the plan is moving forward to see that number go the other way?

http://mypension.iamnpf.org/media/79945/2015_yr_AFN.pdf

WeAAsles said:
Your multiplier is horrible honestly. But to me recent developments where a group is going to receive a roughly $80.00 per month multiplier (AND) a 3% 401k match has piqued my interest.
So again I'm "hoping" to discuss this in a civilized conversation.
Kev you're at Delta and were at NWA. Can I ask what is your full career retirement capital? NWA pension, IAM pension, 401k match? Did you have a NWA pension thrown on the PBGC and what were the reductions if any? Besides your IAMPF contributer that I guess Delta is putting in, what again is Delta providing to you?
Original NWA pension (frozen in BK, DL has now assumed that debt): $51/mo. No PBGC, and no reductions.

We had a 401k at NW, but no match.

IAMNPF: Became a participant as part of the CBA negotiated under 1113. This picked up (for lack of a better term) where our original pension left off, and ended not too long after we lost representation. $38/mo. multiplier. DL does not actively contribute to or maintain any money in this fund.

DL only offers a 401k. 2% employer contribution, and up to 6% match.

Kev3188 said:
Original NWA pension (frozen in BK, DL has now assumed that debt): $51/mo. No PBGC, and no reductions.
We had a 401k at NW, but no match.
IAMNPF: Became a participant as part of the CBA negotiated under 1113. This picked up (for lack of a better term) where our original pension left off, and ended not too long after we lost representation. $38/mo. multiplier. DL does not actively contribute to or maintain any money in this fund.
DL only offers a 401k. 2% employer contribution, and up to 6% match.

Thank you for the summation Kev.

So Delta only matches .5% more than AA currently does. SWA and now UAL seem to have a much better deal in regards to retirement contributions. I wonder if that could be cause for a reset to what we receive?

And so your $38 per month is frozen I guess since Delta discontinued the funding. My assumption would be that the fund will just cash you out when you retire or by age can make the request?

So a lot of things to still be considered if we are given a choice between one or the other unless we receive a deal that includes both options and no choices are available?

As ograc has said "The floor is open for (civilized) discussion"

Jester said:
ograc,

Since you asked... my priorities with the new CBA: 1) Scope, 2)Furlough/Recall Protections,3) PT/FT ratio, 4) Wages, and 5) Benefits (including pension/401K).  Probably unlike most, I place Wage or Benefits not even in the Top 3, especially as I see future cuts in PHX mainline flying.
My order exactly.

There needs to be more talk on here regarding scope expectations instead of talking about how close we will b to $30.
The united contract falls short on all of the items you ranked other than wage. However, expect any contract to pass, regardless of how bad, if the money is at $30.

regards.

Reactions: 1 person
Tim Nelson said:
My order exactly.

There needs to be more talk on here regarding scope expectations instead of talking about how close we will b to $30.
The united contract falls short on all of the items you ranked other than wage. However, expect any contract to pass, regardless of how bad, if the money is at $30.

regards.
How noble of you, you are a senior guy in ORD I would think scope and recall would be the least of your worries

Someone asked me at work yesterday if I thought we would sign before the end of the year. My answer was "I honestly don't think we will have a T/A by then". I'm feeling more and more comfortable with that comment each time I read the updates.

Worldport said:
Wouldn't surprise me if this dragged out to 2017.Weez even you first thought it would be May then Septemberish. The most optimistic person has to realize we are losing thousands. Maybe after all is said and done 10,000 .I guess I have to blame myself for being so frustrated I thought it would be rapped up by May. F.. it

I'm going to go out on a limb here and change my date to July. Call me a cockeyed optimist or just cross eyed from needing to change my glasses. But I'm going with July.

Status
Not open for further replies.