JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I called and gave HR a piece of my mind in my redneck language, and now you say never mind?
Just kidding.

I have a question for any LAA folks, (WeAAsles, NYer, bob, AANOTOK). How much does Family healthcare cost on your plan per paycheck?

I have a question for any LAA folks, (WeAAsles, NYer, bob, AANOTOK). How much does Family healthcare cost on your plan per paycheck?

PJ this is just off the top of my head and I'll try to find out for you later from a friend or hopefully someone will come on who has the actual numbers? But I think my friend said he pays $350.00 per month for him and his family for the Standard plan (Middle plan)

The value plan with is probably closer to what you currently have I've heard people are paying between 5 and 6 hundred per month for it?

listening to earnings...parker says aal took a bit of a hit on wage increases, but said we deserve it and more.

we'll see.

Years ago for just a small amount of time the old AA put up a pie chart and had an individual accounting of what our total value compensation package actually was.

I wish the new AA would go back to that.

The below is a cut and paste from my last paycheck. It's for a family of four, Blue Cross value plan

PRE TAX DEDUCTIONS

Description Amount
C Medical Coverage 282.88
C Dental Coverage 8.93
C Vision 6.63

The below is a cut and paste from my last paycheck. It's for a family of four, Blue Cross value plan

PRE TAX DEDUCTIONS

Description Amount
C Dental Coverage 8.93
C Vision 6.63

So Slopke that's $565.76 per month for the top of the line Cadillac plan? Is that also double per month for the Dental and vision?

From the most recent Fleet update, it doesn't appear the big boys are sitting in. As usual, not much progress IMO.

So Slopke that's $565.76 per month for the top of the line Cadillac plan? Is that also double per month for the Dental and vision?

Yes the $565.76 is the monthly for the top of the line Blue Cross PPO. Yes you have to double the eye and dental that I listed in my post.

It used to be, that in the months that had 3 paychecks. One of the three would have a premium holiday, meaning that those checks did not have medical, dental, eye, etc premiums deducted from them. I can't remember when the change was, but they now take premiums from all 26 checks.

So, in reality the true monthly you would have to add $94.23 to the $565.76. Bringing the monthly total to $659.99. The same would apply to the eye and dental figures too.

Last edited:
Yes the $565.76 is the monthly for the top of the line Blue Cross PPO. Yes you have to double the eye and dental that I listed in my post.

It used to be, that in the months that had 3 paychecks. One of the three would have a premium holiday, meaning that those checks did not have medical, dental, eye, etc premiums deducted from them. I can't remember when the change was, but they now take premiums from all 26 checks.
You should take the monthly fee times it by 12 then divide by 26 for those who get paid bi-weekly

Living in a trailer in Kentucky with a bucket in the back must be very interesting?

Do you have a generator for your electricity and steal Wi Fi signals to annoy people on here for your amusement?
What is it with you and people from the south?

Did one of us beat your dumb-ass to a pulp in the past or something?

PRE TAX DEDUCTIONS

Description Amount
C Dental Coverage 8.93
C Vision 6.63

So is this the only plan that AA has to take or are others available?

So is this the only plan that AA has to take or are others available?

Pj I just checked with my friend who has himself, wife and 2 kids on his plan. He's paying $149.15 per paycheck. Or 298.30 per month for the middle Standard plan.

That plan is the exact same plan if I understand it correctly as Slopoke has just that the deductibles are higher. The company actually raised the cost of the plan Slopoke is under by 10% per month to try and push people into the middle plan. Actually I should say if you cost it out on a yearly basis you would pay more for the top plan when last year it equaled out.

So my friends total monthly cost for Medical, Dental and Vision is $329.40

They also have a cheaper CORE option but there's no point in talking about it cause you wouldn't want it.

So, in reality the true monthly you would have to add $94.23 to the $565.76. Bringing the monthly total to $659.99. The same would apply to the eye and dental figures too.

Slopoke can I ask what prompted you to take the most expensive plan? It seems to me that actually the best value would have been to go with the Standard plan if you costed it out for what you would pay for the entire year if you use the benefits to their max?

Of course I could be missing something between the two plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.