JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are monumentally wrong about no one fought the medical piece or tried to get a different plan. The Company wanting to get everyone under the same insurance roof is a long-standing goal that would seem to be something they won't back away from. Negotiations have many moving parts and aren't as simple as you try to make it out to be. Those guys in the Committee now have to make tough decisions while trying to gauge what is and what is not possible.

We all have goals NYer but that doesn't mean it's a given we're going to obtain or reach those goals.

I'm sure the Company also had goals on those 19 articles that our guys publicly stated they made improvements on as well.

Goals are not always met.

We all have goals NYer but that doesn't mean it's a given we're going to obtain or reach those goals.

I'm sure the Company also had goals on those 19 articles that our guys publicly stated they made improvements on as well.

Goals are not always met.

Exactly, goals are not always met, so that doesn't mean there wasn't work to achieve it. At some point, there is a decision to either keep fighting something or moving on. When it comes to the Medical, the Company has held firm with every group it has negotiated with. Somehow you believe they will set that aside and reach a different agreement with the last group.

The NC is working hard to get the best possible deal they can, but that doesn't mean they didn't have to make tough decisions and move away from something they wanted. An important part of negotiations is knowing when to move ahead and prioritize what to hold firm on. If both parties hold firm on the same subject, the process comes to grinding halt.

Exactly, goals are not always met, so that doesn't mean there wasn't work to achieve it. At some point, there is a decision to either keep fighting something or moving on. When it comes to the Medical, the Company has held firm with every group it has negotiated with. Somehow you believe they will set that aside and reach a different agreement with the last group.

The NC is working hard to get the best possible deal they can, but that doesn't mean they didn't have to make tough decisions and move away from something they wanted. An important part of negotiations is knowing when to move ahead and prioritize what to hold firm on. If both parties hold firm on the same subject, the process comes to grinding halt.

Received a text from a friend.

"US has the opportunity in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008 and 2010 and post merger to get all the US on the same plan and never did so. Since 2002 till present the IAM represented employees to the other medical and has not."

Ok the words are a little discombobulated but I think we can catch the drift. Can you explain how the IAM kept that better Medical plan when clearly there were moments in history it could have been forfeit?

Perhaps yes they were subsidizing their own costs in other areas but that also doesn't necessarily mean that needs to remain the case?

I'm well aware of the position you were in. The problem I had was with those Presidents trying to both sell it and the ones trying to get us to blow it up.

You're role and duty was NEVER to sell it to us but to make us aware of what it all means.

When I informed you and Patty that I was voting no I recall you both becoming enraged by my decision. Neither of you had or have that right since I am more than educated enough to be my own man. And so to are your members.

And it was NOT a good deal since it was a deal designed for us to eat our own body parts if it had passed. Sharon Levine herself also informed all of us that it was wise that we didn't pass it as we would have lost more value in that BK.

I don't blame you for not knowing that and contend that it was the duty of your bosses to make you aware of that trap. On that one, they abjectly failed.

OK. I guess you were smarter than anyone else because you had the foresight to know a BK was coming and we should vote no on the TA. (unlikely since you were telling everyone there would be no BK)

or

Are you smarter than others because you can take the past and put the pieces back together to tell the rest of us what we should have done and how we should have thought?

Either way. Way to go.

Received a text from a friend.

"US has the opportunity in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008 and 2010 and post merger to get all the US on the same plan and never did so. Since 2002 till present the IAM represented employees to the other medical and has not."

Ok the words are a little discombobulated but I think we can catch the drift. Can you explain how the IAM kept that better Medical plan when clearly there were moments in history it could have been forfeit?

Perhaps yes they were subsidizing their own costs in other areas but that also doesn't necessarily mean that needs to remain the case?

We are talking about the medical today.

Prior to 2012, most of the work groups in AA has different plans also. Since the AMR BK, they have tried to make all their workers go into the same plans and today, there is only ONE group that is not in it.

Are you really going to argue that because of what you said happened from 2002 to 2010 to US Airways that means the same will happen now? They will get their separate medical.

OK. If you say so.

OK. I guess you were smarter than anyone else because you had the foresight to know a BK was coming and we should vote no on the TA. (unlikely since you were telling everyone there would be no BK)

or

Are you smarter than others because you can take the past and put the pieces back together to tell the rest of us what we should have done and how we should have thought?

Either way. Way to go.

If I didn't know that there was a "possibility" of a Bankruptcy then why did I make a voluntary transfer to MIA where I knew I would have more security if massive layoffs were to come from it? And I also recall saying that to you as well as one of the reasons I came here. Not the first reason but not the last one either.

I was never part of that "Hate Posse" as you liked to call them at the time and was keenly aware of all the possibilities.

And

I was never telling anyone what decision they should make in that process prior to the BK. That was you and Patty who had that compulsion. I had ZERO idea we would lose value had we passed it. And in fairness I'm 100% sure you had ZERO idea as well.

For me on that one and I told you. It was simply about those 80 Medically restricted people and the comment from DelValle that gave me the bad taste in my mouth. "We're not running a Hospital here"

That comment alone should have had you against it as well at least strictly for Moral reasons if nothing else man.

BTW NYer let's point out one more fact about that Medical of there's.

The IAM secured the continuation of that Medical or those costs to their members within Section 6 and just after the final hurdle of the merger had been approved by the Courts in 2014.

Why does that Medical still exist today?

There was a caveat on their Station Staffing language "Until a JCBA is reached"

Why was/is there no caveat or disclaimer currently attached to their Medical as well?

If I didn't know that there was a "possibility" of a Bankruptcy then why did I make a voluntary transfer to MIA where I knew I would have more security if massive layoffs were to come from it? And I also recall saying that to you as well as one of the reasons I came here. Not the first reason but not the last one either.

I was never part of that "Hate Posse" as you liked to call them at the time and was keenly aware of all the possibilities.

And

I was never telling anyone what decision they should make in that process prior to the BK. That was you and Patty who had that compulsion. I had ZERO idea we would lose value had we passed it. And in fairness I'm 100% sure you had ZERO idea as well.

For me on that one and I told you. It was simply about those 80 Medically restricted people and the comment from DelValle that gave me the bad taste in my mouth. "We're not running a Hospital here"

That comment alone should have had you against it as well at least strictly for Moral reasons if nothing else man.

When representing thousands of people, you can't let an emotion get in the way. That's left for those that like to second guess the decision makers, after the fact.

BTW NYer let's point out one more fact about that Medical of there's.

The IAM secured the continuation of that Medical or those costs to their members within Section 6 and just after the final hurdle of the merger had been approved by the Courts in 2014.

Why does that Medical still exist today?

There was a caveat on their Station Staffing language "Until a JCBA is reached"

Why was/is there no caveat or disclaimer currently attached to their Medical as well?

They received those assurances so they could get a CBA and we could all move onto the JCBA process

When representing thousands of people, you can't let an emotion get in the way. That's left for those that like to second guess the decision makers, after the fact.

You were wrong trying to sell it to the members. Period.

They received those assurances so they could get a CBA and we could all move onto the JCBA process

Oh so you were a part of those Negotiations too? And all those other years they kept it as well?

Good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.